A Pig's Best Friend is the thirty-eighth episode of Angry Birds Toons.
The name is a reference to the phrase, "Man's best friend, meaning that the dog is man's best friend.
The Minion Pigs offer a captured Blue Bird to King Pig as a pet. Against all odds, it's really fun for the Blue Bird and he ends up driving King Pig crazy!
At the King's Palace, because King Pig wants to own his new, loving pet, the Minion Pigs prepare a surprise for him, a caged Blue Bird (Jim), that suddenly frightens King Pig because of his angry face and constant struggle to get out of the cage. When the Minion Pigs see him taking care of Jim, they say goodbye to him and walk away from the palace.
While King Pig's getting something in the cabinet, Jay and Jake stare at the window planning to make Jim escape from being caged. Jim disagrees and tells them he has a plan. King Pig returns with a pet holder. He sees Jim's eyes shimmering and glowing and his pupils enlarging to make sure that King Pig felt that he's pitiful. King Pig ties Jim the pet holder, but Jim gets hold of it and pulls King Pig numerous times, hitting him with the cage.
Minion pig guards arrive to see the commotion. Again, Jim's eyes shimmer to prove that he's pitiful, and the pigs walked away from the palace. His plan works, as Jay and Jake laugh.
Outside the King's Palace, at the staircase located at the beautiful gardens, King Pig goes down with Jim tied in the pet holder. Jim fetches a bone that King Pig threw. But Jim hits King Pig's his head with the bone. Then, he buries him with a pile of soil. When Jim sees a butterfly, he gets distracted by it and rans after it while King Pig holds firmly to it. He bumps from the stairs going down the staircase and Jim smashes him through the water fountain.
The guards see King Pig, but King Pig hops excitedly with no other reason, while Jim also hops around him as the guards leave. Jim proceeds to pull King Pig through the bushes, and the beehive, where King Pig get stung by tons of bees. Afterwards, Jim ties him again with the rope around a stone statue. The other two Blues come laughing, spitting their tongue together with Jim to him, and walk away together, with Jim saying a last "Goodbye."
At the tall, spacious cliff, King Pig is sitting on a swing, already missing Jim and crying because he had a fun time with him. When guards come in, watching King Pig, he suddenly gets an idea.
Back again at the gardens, King Pig has now three pets. Not birds, but Minion Pigs. Some Minion Pigs act and pretend to be a pet dog, cat, frog, and a rabbit with their assigned costumes. Foreman Pig also joins in and wears a female dog costume, carrying a bone.
At the end of the episode, he became happy that he has three pets, not only one. He looks at the camera, breaking the 4th wall.
Cast (in order of appearance)
- This is the ninth episode to have a Pig, Pigs, Pig's, Piggy, Piggies', or Pork name in the title card. Others include Pig Talent, Crash Test Piggies, Hypno Pigs, The Bird That Cried Pig, Green Pig Soup, Piggy Wig, Pig Plot Potion, and Night of the Living Pork.
- This was the first time King Pig had a relationship with a bird. The second was in Romance in a Bottle.
- This is the second time King Pig has broken the 4th wall. The first was in Tooth Royal.
- This is the first episode directed by Avgousta Zourelidi.
- This is the first episode written by Richard Preddy.
- The theme song from Chuck Time to Off Duty to Slappy-Go-Lucky to Run Chuck Run to Egg's Day Out to Gate Crasher to Fired Up makes a surprise appearance in the intro.
- This is the second episode The Blues spitted their tongues to King pig. The first was in Piggywig.
- The appearance of the throne hall's carpet is similar to its appearance in Slappy-Go-Lucky, Piggy Wig, Pig Plot Potion, Tooth Royal, Night of the Living Pork, and Love is in the Air.
- At the credits, in the cast section, Foreman Pig's unlisted there because he just kept silent at the end of the episode.
- In this episode, one of The Blues that King Pig owned makes him like a pet bird at first and became a pet dog.
- This was #20 on Top 20 Angry Birds Toons Fan Favorites.
- During King Pig's remembrance, Jim was beside him hopping around the gardens, then through the watery fountain playing and swimming through the shallow waters. They hugged each other, and went back again through the cliff. After thinking it, he cried with a single tear on his face because he had a fun time with him. Now he said goodbye from the pet holder and goes away forever, never being his friend anymore. This was considered the saddest moment to most Angry Birds Toons fans.
- In the scene after Jim nods at Jay and Jake, his tail was changed to light blue.