Current App Icon
|Length (in levels):||732 levels (See episodes here)|
|Released:||December 11, 2009|
February 16, 2015 (Angry Birds for Kakao, Korean)
Mac OS X
Windows Phone 7
Chrome Web Store
BlackBerry Tablet OS
Facebook (as Angry Birds Friends)
Google Play (as Angry Birds for Kakao) (Korea only)
|Version(s):||8.0.3 (iOS and Android)|
If you are looking for the series, see Angry Birds (series).
Angry Birds (also known as Angry Birds Classic) is a puzzle slingshot game, developed and published by Rovio Entertainment Corporation, with the help of ClickGamer and Chillingo.
- 1 History
- 2 Plot
- 3 Gameplay
- 4 Episodes
- 5 Winnable Objects
- 6 Achievements
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Reception and Critical Acclaim
- 9 Other versions of Angry Birds
- 10 Videos
- 11 Trivia
- 12 External Links
- 13 References
Undergoing a financial crisis, Rovio Entertainment Corporation got its workforce reduced from 50 to 12 employees, and the staff started looking for proposals to overcome this . One proposal made by Jaakko Iisalo in a simulated screenshot, where limbless birds were launching themselves into geometric shapes, drew attention to them by wondering what was happening in such image and approved it. The developers then started to further develop it. 
As the picture gave no clue of what was being played, they started to wonder how the gameplay could be. As cannon games were famous back in the day, such as Crush the Castle, the developers used them as a model, and added the Slingshot mechanic into the game.
They also noticed the birds had no enemy. Jaako Iisalo liked to draw animal characters and pigs were just something natural that came in his initial sketches. He also never saw them as malicious, in his opinion, the birds are the aggressive side while the pigs are just mischievous. The Swine Flu outbreak had a bit of influence when designing them, but wasn't a direct influence.
Angry Birds was made by a team of four people and took at least eight months to finish.
Rovio partnered with distributor Chillingo to publish the game to the App Store. Chillingo was claimed to have participated in the game's development, they were said to be responsible for adding trajectory lines, pig grunts, zoom option and birds' athletic jumps before going to the slingshot and waiting. Since then Rovio has self-published almost all of the later ports of the game, except for the PSP version, which was produced under license by Abstraction Games.
In December 11th 2009, the game was released for IOS and Nokia devices. The game was initially paid and didn't sell many copies. After Angry Birds was made a featured app in February 2010 on the United Kingdom, it reached the 1st position in a small period of time , and then reached the 1st position on the paid apps chart in the United States App Store in the middle of 2010 and stayed there for 275 days. 
Knowing this, the developers started to develop an Android version of the game. They observed that Android had much different configurations; The combinations numbers of software versions, processing speed, even the user interfaces were significantly larger than the iOS version. The team then settled on a minimum set of requirements, even though that left nearly 30 types of Android phones unable to run the game, including some newly released devices.
In October 15th, 2010, it was launched for Android devices, and the developers then started porting the games to other devices. The game's beta for Android hit more than one million downloads in three weeks
In August 2th 2012 Angry Birds HD got retina display and HD graphics.
In April 2019 the game was unlisted in the app stores but came back and received a new update. Afterwards, it was then unlisted again in July 2019. Rovio Entertainment Corporation explained this as if they were testing the games. The actual reason they unlisted them is that they have to pay a monthly fee to keep the game in the app stores, and as they thought it was not being downloaded, they unlisted it to not pay the fee, in the moment Rovio is suffering a financial crisis. This was after the change of the Game Business Manager in January 2019.
The reason why the game was unlisted was because some of the older Angry Birds games have remained unchanged for quite some time while Rovio has directed their focus on newer titles. Rather than continually updating older games to remain compatible with changing devices and marketplace requirements, Rovio has decided instead to focus on providing incredible experiences in our active games. .
Originally, when the game was first launched, it had only one episodes: Poached Eggs and only 5 characters: Red, The Blues Chuck, Matilda and Bomb. But in April 2 2010 they released the Golden Eggs and in February 12 2010, Mighty Hoax was released. Every other new episode afterwards is released in parts. In April 23 2010, they released Danger Above, which has 45 levels, with 3 Golden Eggs, and the new bird Hal.
In July 16 2010, The Big Setup, with 45 levels, 3 Golden Eggs and the new bird Terence. In December 23 2010, Ham 'Em High was released, with 45 levels, 3 extra ones, 3 Golden Eggs, and the new Power-Up bird Mighty Eagle, that costs $1,00 to buy permanently. Afterwards, in June 16 2011, the episode Mine and Dine was released, with 45 levels and 3 Golden Eggs. On December 11, 2011, the Birdday Party episode was released to commemorate the game's second Birdday, with 15 levels, one Golden Egg and Bubbles from Angry Birds Seasons.
In March 20 2012, the episode Surf and Turf from Angry Birds Friends was added to the game. In December 11 2012, 15 new levels Birdday Party to were released, with one Golden Egg and Stella from Angry Birds Seasons.
In July 3, 2013, the episode Red's Mighty Feathers was released, with 30 levels, the first being normal levels and the second being the new Egg Defender levels, with 2 Golden Eggs, and with Red's new ability, Mighty Feathers. In the IOS version, a RED event was happening, where players could buy the Red's Mighty Eagles Power-Up, and an unique Golden Egg was featured, that was later made obtainable in all versions.
In November 26 2013, the Short Fuse episode was released, with 45 levels, 1 Golden Egg, and Bomb's new Shockwave ability, and its Power-Up. In December 11 2013, 15 more levels were released to Birdday Party.
In July 22 2014, the episode Flock Favorites was released with 15 levels, of which are set in the previous episodes but in new levels. In December 2014, Birdday 5 was released with 30 fan levels and the new Rhinoceros. In June 23 2015, more 15 levels were released to Flock Favorites. 15 more levels were released to Birdday Party in December 11 of the same year.
In July 18th 2016, the new feature The Mighty League was released with 8 leagues that originally had 3 levels for each day. In October 13th of the same year, the Sticker Book was released for it. In November of the same year, Bird Island was released with 21 levels, new stickers and a Golden Egg for the Mighty League, but the players had to wait until November 17th to play the 21 levels.
In December 11 of the same year, more 15 levels were released to Birdday Party, with more Mighty League stickers and a Golden Egg.
In February 27 2017, the episode Piggy Farm was released, with 15 levels. Then in March 30 more levels and a new Mighty League Golden Egg in the Medal section. In May 17th, the last 15 levels of the episode were released, along with Coins, Gems, and The Mighty League being changed to have 6 levels each day. In June 19th, the Tutorial episode was added, with 15 levels.
In August 23 of the same year, the Jurassic Pork episode was added. In September 14th, more 15 levels were added to the episode and in November 21th, the final 15 levels were added. In December 14th of the same year, the Star requirement for unlocking episodes was added to the game.
In August, 2018, the episodes could now be unlocked by watching advertisements. In January 2019, The Daily Challenge feature was added to the game.
In May 2011, Mattel released an Angry Birds board game, entitled "Angry Birds: Knock on Wood". Multiple sequels followed soon after.
In Spring 2012, Olvi started to manufacture Angry Birds soft drinks, after making a deal with Rovio. At first, there came two different tastes: Tropic (tropical fruits). and Paradise (pineapple-mandarin). Later, in September 2012 Olvi released two new tastes to the soft drink collection: Lagoon (pear-apple) and Space Comet(orange-cola).
In November 2013, Indian brand Parle started a marketing campaign in which a trading card is included in each packet of Parle's Wafers and it included a related contest to win Angry Birds merchandise.
In June 2016, Kurkure India started an offer to win daily themed prizes and a trip to Angry Birds Activity Park in Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
Nokia used the game to break a world record in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to promote an attempt to set a world record for the largest number of people playing a single mobile game (1,080).
Since it was released in 2009, the game has been downloaded more than 3.9 billion times across all versions and platforms of mobile devices. Earth has 7.53 billion people. It has been estimated that people all over the world spend 200 million hours a day playing Angry Birds.
- For information about each episode's plot, see the Episodes section.
The game takes place in the isolated Piggy Island. A flock of rare multi-colored birds, led by Red and containing the Blues (Jay, Jake and Jim), Chuck, Bomb and Matilda, guarded a nest containing three eggs. However, from the distance watched the Bad Piggies, led by the greedy King Pig Smooth Cheeks. These pigs have been relegated to eat grass, and King Pig, who, unlike his ancestors, has never eaten eggs and needs to keep that fact a secret, has had enough. Meanwhile, Red witnessed a mosquito touch one of the eggs. Furious, Red tried to fight the mosquito, but it got away (though in the cinematic trailer, he managed to defeat it). King Pig saw his chance, and, along with other high-ranking pigs Corporal Pig and Foreman Pig, stole the eggs while Red wasn't looking. Red and his comrades spotted the empty nest, and screamed in shock. Red, along with Bomb and Matilda, mourned the loss of the eggs, while the Blues spotted footprints leading to the pigs, whom Chuck had spotted. Using a slingshot, the birds slung themselves towards structures made by Foreman Pig, and managed to defeat all three elites and get their eggs back.
Afterward, the multiple episodes show the pigs trying new ways to get the eggs. The birds meet more members of their species along the way (Hal and Terence), and the battle continues to places such as a forest, a desert, a mine, a beach, a laboratory, and more. After the birds take out King Pig in a laboratory, his comrade, Foreman Pig, starts to get more control over the plans. He steals the eggs while the birds are visiting a farm, and after the birds defeat him there, he enters a time machine and goes back to the Triassic period of the world. The birds destroy many structures based on prehistoric animals before the pigs are defeated for what was seemingly the last time. The birds celebrate their victory while the pigs ride dinosaurs.
To play the game, the player needs to press the Episodes button, that will show the episodes. The player starts with the Poached Eggs episode. Each episode has its set of levels, which each time unlocked, has only 1 level available. When the player clicks the level button, the game will open the level. In the level, the player starts with a pre-determined set of birds, and a determined structure with pigs.
In order to beat the level, the player has to defeat all pigs. In order to defeat pigs, the player needs to hit them with birds, which can do by using the Slingshot. The player can sling a bird by pressing the slingshot and holding while dragging the rubber. The longer the rubber is dragged, the longer the bird will fly. The rubber can be dragged to all sides, except in the middle. Leaving the bird in the middle will cancel the launch.
After a bird is launched, it will fly until its momentum ends. While the bird is in the air, he can activate his ability. The birds are the following:
Birds are the protagonists of the game, they are trying to get their eggs back.
- Red: Shouts a battle cry when tapped.
- Cannot destroy materials well.
- The Blues: They split when tapped, having more birds to destroy objects.
- Destroys Glass exceptionally well, but can't destroy other materials.
- Chuck: Speeds up when tapped, gaining more momentum and strength.
- Destroys wood exceptionally well, but can't destroy other materials well.
- Matilda: Lays an explosive egg when tapped, making her fly away up and the egg explodes on impact.
- Can destroy materials well, but not stone. The egg destroys a lot of materials on range.
- Bomb: Explodes instantly when tapped or after some time he hits something.
- Can destroy stone and other materials really well. His explosion destroys a lot of objects on range.
- Hal: Spins when launched and goes to the opposite direction when tapped.
- He can destroy wood really well, when he activates his ability he can destroy more.
- Terence: Has no ability.
- However, he can destroy materials really well.
- Bubbles: Inflates when tapped or after some time and flys away after some time.
- He can destroy wood really well, and when he activates he destroys any material on range.
- Stella: Covers herself and things in range when tapped, lifting them up and the bubbles then pop, falling.
- Cannot destroy materials well, but the falling distance helps a bit on destroy materials.
- Mighty Eagle - You first launch a can of sardines and when it hits the ground, the Mighty Eagle will come down, destroying everything in its path and causing an earthquake, popping all pigs he missed and shoots back up into the sky, while also destroying anything else in his path. He must be purchased for 99 cents (99¢) to be used, and has unlimited usage.
If the bird hits a a block, he will stop flying immediately, will be injured and won't activate its ability. After a pig is hit, he will be popped, or if he is strong he will be injured. Birds give 10000 if not used, after completing the level. Each pig has three stages of injury, but birds defeat them instanly according to strength. The pigs are the following:
The pigs are the enemies of the birds, they hunt down the eggs in order to cook it to King Pig.
- Small Pig: The weakest of all pigs, being defeated instantly by any bird or material.
- Medium Pig: Stronger than small pigs, but can also be defeated easily by any bird.
- Large Pig: Stronger than medium pigs, cannot be defeated by some birds instantly.
- Corporal Pig: Stronger than large pigs because of his helmet, cannot be defeated by most of the birds in a hit, but stronger birds will.
- Foreman Pig: Stronger than Corporal Pig, he cannot be defeated by birds in a hit, but stronger birds will defeat him that way.
- King Pig: Stronger than any pig, he cannot be defeated by any birds in a hit, except for explosions and Terence.
- Leonard: He is just like his son, King Pig, but only appears in Bird Island 31-21.
All pigs give 5000 points when hit. After all the pigs are defeated, the player will win the level. Otherwise, they will fail. These are the materials appear in the levels:
- Glass: Can be destroyed easily by any bird, some will only destroy one, but stronger ones will destroy more on momentum.
- Wood: Can't be destroyed easily, some birds might destroy only a block, but stronger ones will destroy more.
- Stone: Cannot be destroyed easily by most birds, except for Bomb and Terence, which destroy it easily.
And they come in the following shapes:
- Plank: Most fragile one, having the chance being destroyed by any bird.
- Square Frame: Same durability as the plank.
- Triangle Frame: Same durability as the two.
- 45° Triangle Flame: Same durability as the others.
- Ball: Same durability as the others and rolls when hit.
- Cube: Smallest of them, can be destroyed easily.
After each hit, a material give random points that are multiple of 10. The points are awarded in the score, that determines how many stars the player wins:
- 1 Star: Lowest score;
- 2 Stars: Average scores and
- 3 Stars: Highest scores.
After the player wins the level, the score will be saved, and the stars will appear on the screen. The player can go them to the next level if he has the required number of stars. When the player fails, the score won't be saved and no stars will be awarded, the player also won't unlock the next level, but can go to it if it's already unlocked.
Golden Eggs can be found across the levels, they can be instantly obtained and will unlock special levels in the episode. The list of them can be seen in the link. In the episodes, after completing all levels, the player gets an Special Object that will fly in the screen. When the player gets 3 stars in all levels, the object is changed to have a star on it and the player gets a Golden Egg in some episodes.
Also, in some episodes, before starting the first level and completing a final one, the player can see a scrolling cutscene, that will show what happened in the story.
The game has 16 episodes ↓.
The player also use Power-Ups in levels of the game. Power-Ups can help you improve your scores in levels and help you get more stars. There are 4 Power-Ups, and you can use 2 per level. Here are the 5 Power-Ups
- Power Potion / Super Seeds: They can turn any bird on the slingshot bigger.
- King Sling: Upgrades your slingshot so that when flung, birds can go faster and farther than before.
- Sling Scope: Allows you to see where your bird is going to crash/land go before you fling them, you can activate this Power-Up for 5 minutes on the shop.
- Birdquake: Rumbles the ground in a level and can make pig's structures fall.
- Shockwave: Bomb with the Shockwave ability to demolish the blockers and pigs.
- Red’s Mighty Feathers: iOS exclusive, Gives a Red bird that can fly into a targeted area, buy and use it at any level. Only available for purchase during the (RED) update.
- TNT Shield: Used on the Mighty League, it prevents you to go back to a lower league if you couldn't enter a high leaderboard on the daily levels.
Power-Ups are limited, and if you run out, you must purchase more with coins to have more with these exceptions.
- Watching an Ad: It's a free way to earn a Power-Up by watching an ad, it gives you only 1 determined Power-Up and it's automatically used in the level.
Main Article: List of Angry Birds Classic Levels
There are a total of over 700 levels in Angry Birds, including Golden Eggs. These levels are grouped into episodes. In different episodes, the pigs try to find new ways to escape with the eggs.
- Tutorial: A warm-up episode where the player is introduced to the birds and the power-ups, which are unlimited for use. It contains 15 levels.
- Poached Eggs, The birds find that the eggs are missing, and later they discover that the pigs have stolen the eggs and now the pigs attempt to escape. It contains 63 levels, which must be conquered before any of the other episodes may be played.
- Mighty Hoax, The pigs steal the eggs again and use a cut-out of the King to distract the birds while they escape. It contains 42 levels.
- Danger Above, The pigs steal the eggs and escape on board using several makeshift aircraft. It contains 45 levels.
- The Big Setup, The pigs imprison the birds in a cage to prevent their defeat after stealing the eggs. However, Terence is still loose and frees Hal, and they both fight back. It contains 45 levels.
- Ham 'Em High, The pigs, armed with a rope, lasso the eggs out of the bird's nest and take them to the wild west. It contains 45 levels and 3 Facebook levels.
- Mine and Dine, The pigs steal the eggs and attempt to hide underground, taking them to the underground mines. It contains 45 levels.
- Birdday Party, The birds find that the pigs have taken their eggs for once again, and this time, along with a piece of their cake. It contains 105 levels (including BirdDay 5 which is merged with this episode).
- Bad Piggies, taking place in levels with the same background as in the App with the same name, "Bad Piggies", the birds discovered their eggs are missing when suddenly Chuck noticed that the Bad Piggies (Now including Ross and Mechanic Pig in this episode) have taken the eggs, and this time, in a built wooden cart, courtesy of the Mechanic Pig. The birds then give a chase. It contains 45 levels.
- Red's Mighty Feathers, consisting two parts. The first part, play with the classic rule of Angry Birds with Red's Ability. The second part, Egg Defender, uses only Red and his ability to. It has 30 levels, 15 classic and 15 Egg Defender.
- Short Fuse, Bomb has a new ability called Shockwave. Use him to defeat the pigs faster. This episode also has potions, Inflate, Split and Balloon. Set in the piggies' lab inside a tree. It has 45 levels.
- Flock Favorites, a special episode, the levels are based on the themes of the previous episodes (Poached Eggs, Danger Above, Mine and Dine, Bad Piggies, Red's Mighty Feathers, Short Fuse and Surf and Turf). Contains 30 levels.
- BirdDay 5, a special episode, brings new levels designed by fans. They are based in partners including CERN, Google Play, LucasFilm, National Geographic, NHL, Shanghai Oriental Pearl Tower, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, Twitter, UNICEF, WWF, and NASA. It contains 30 levels. (NOTE: This episode has been merged with Birdday Party as of the Piggy Farm update.)
- Surf and Turf, an episode originally released on Angry Birds Friends; a few small pigs with balloons steal the eggs while King Pig and Mustache Pig look on. It contains 45 levels.
- Bird Island, an episode based on The Angry Birds Movie. Home of the Angry Birds. It contains 21 levels.
- Piggy Farm, an episode in which Foreman Pig and minion pigs wearing a cow costume steal the eggs and escape to a farm, contains 45 levels.
- Jurassic Pork, an episode in which Foreman Pig continues his escape by entering a Time Machine that travels to 65 Million years and ends up in the Cretaceous period, being the king of Prehistoric Pigs, along with fierce dinosaurs. It contains 46 levels.
- Golden Eggs, 35 scattered throughout the game, which unlocks hidden levels when collected. There is also the bonus King Pig level that contains 4 mini-games.
- Poached Eggs: Frying Pan
- Mighty Hoax: King Pig Cardboard Cutout
- Danger Above: Balloon
- The Big Setup: Hard Hat with Snout Emblem
- Ham 'Em High: Mexican Hat
- Mine and Dine: Shovel
- Surf and Turf: Glass of Juice
- Bad Piggies: Hard Hat (no emblem)
- Short Fuse: Blue Potion
- Flock Favorites: Fan
- Bird Island: Sand Mighty Eagle Statue (glitched and is not visible)
- Piggy Farm: Lettuce
- Jurassic Pork: Purple Ammonite Shell
- Birdday Party: Rainbow Cake
- Birdday 5: 5th Birdday Cake
- Completing An Episode With All Levels On 100% Mighty Eagle Score: Sardine Can
- Completing All Episodes With 100% Mighty Eagle Score: Feather Trophy
- Completing All Episodes (excludes Golden Eggs): Trophy
For this game's achievements, see Angry Birds (game)/Achievements.
For this subject's image gallery, see Angry Birds (game)/Gallery.
Reception and Critical Acclaim
Reviews for Angry Birds have been mostly positive. Chris Holt of Macworld called the game "an addictive, clever, and challenging puzzler", and Pocket Gamer's Keith Andrew said Angry Birds is "a nugget of puzzling purity dished out with relish aplenty". Jonathan Liu of Wired News wrote that "going for the maximum number of stars certainly adds a lot of replay value to a fairly extensive game".
Reviews for the first versions of the game that did not use a touch-screen, the PlayStation 3/PSP version, and the Windows version, have also been positive, but with some disagreement over the different interfaces. Will Greenwald of PC Magazine, in his review of the PlayStation Network version, said that the control scheme on these platforms is good, "but they're not nearly as satisfying as the touch-screen controls found on smartphone versions", and that the PlayStation 3 version appeared "blocky and unpleasant, like a smartphone screen blown up to HDTV size". Conversely, Greg Miller of IGN preferred the analog control setup of the PSP version, saying it "offered me tiny variances in control that I don't feel like I get with my fat finger on a screen". While giving the game a positive review, Miller concluded, "There's no denying that Angry Birds is fun, but it could use polish – such as sharper visuals, a better price, and smoother action." Damien McFerrin of British website Electric Pig reviewed the PC version, saying "the mouse-driven control method showcases many distinct advantages over its finger-focused counterpart".
Angry Birds has also been described critically as impossible to understand the playing rules criteria by game critic Chris Schiller of Eurogamer.net, which has 'a contemptuous attitude towards its players, keeping them just frustrated enough not to switch off and play something else instead.'
Angry Birds became the top-selling paid application on Apple's UK App Store in February 2010 and reached the top spot on the US App Store a few weeks later, where it remained until October 2010. Since release, the free, limited version of Angry Birds has been downloaded more than 11 million times for Apple's iOS, and the full-featured paid version has been downloaded nearly 7 million times as of September 2010. The Android version of the game was downloaded more than 1 million times within the first 24 hours of release, even though the site crashed at one point due to the load, and over 2 million downloads in its first weekend. Rovio receives approximately US$1 million per month in revenue from the advertising that appears in the free Android version.
According to Rovio, players log more than 5 million hours of game time each day across all platforms, along with 200 million monthly active users. In November 2010, Digital Trends stated that "with 36 million downloads, Angry Birds is one of the most mainstream games out right now". MSNBC's video game news blog has written that "[n]o other game app comes close" to have such a following. The Christian Science Monitor has remarked, "Angry Birds has been one of the great runaway hits of 2010". In December 2010, in honor of the first anniversary of the release of Angry Birds, Rovio Entertainment announced that the game had been downloaded 50 million times, with more than 12 million on iOS devices and 10 million on Android. By January 2014, the game had reached 2 billion downloads, including Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons, Angry Birds Rio, Angry Birds Space, Angry Birds Star Wars & II and Angry Birds Go!. On Christmas Day 2011 alone, 6.5 million copies of the various Angry Birds games were downloaded across all supported platforms.
In the history of the Apple App Store, Angry Birds holds the record for most days at the top of the Paid Apps chart, having spent a total of 275 days at the No.1 position; Angry Birds Rio has been No.1 for a total of 23 days, ranking ninth on the list. In Apple's "iTunes Rewind" list of the most popular iTunes Store media for 2011, Angry Birds was the top-selling paid iPhone/iPod app on the App Store and its free version was fourth-most downloaded. The game's two special-edition versions, Angry Birds Seasons and Angry Birds Rio, were also ranked in the top 10 for paid iPhone/iPod apps, while its iPad-exclusive Angry Birds HD versions were the top-selling and top-downloaded iPad apps for the year. Mattel also made a few board games based on the app. These were called Angry Birds: Knock on Wood, Angry Birds: On Thin Ice and Angry Birds: Mega Smash.
In the opinion of the general public, the best Angry Birds character to use is either Bomb for his power to blow things up, or Terence, because he could destroy structures.
In February 2010, Angry Birds was a nominee for the "Best Casual Game" award at the 6th annual International Mobile Gaming Awards in Barcelona, Spain. In September 2010, IGN named Angry Birds as the fourth best iPhone game of all time. In April 2011, Angry Birds won both the "Best Game App" and "App of the Year" at the UK Appy Awards. At the 2011 Webby Awards, Angry Birds was awarded "Best Game for Handheld Devices".
Other versions of Angry Birds
Angry Birds Classic for Kakao
Angry Birds Classic for Kakao is the Korean version of Angry Birds Classic. The game was released on February 16, 2015. It is only available on Google Play for the Korean marketplace.
The gameplay is still the same as the original version, but the only difference in the Kakao version is it has a life system and an adventure map-like level select, like Angry Birds 2.
However, the ratings of Korean users are the lowest among the Angry Birds series games.
- See Angry Birds (game)/Videos for videos of the subject.
- American television hosts Conan O'Brien, Jon Stewart, and Daniel Tosh have referenced the game in comedy sketches on their respective series, Conan, The Daily Show, and Tosh.0.
- Some celebrities to have admitted a penchant for the game include TV host Conan O’Brien, actress Angelina Jolie, singer Kylie Minogue, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (2010-2016) David Cameron, actor John Hamm, singer Justin Bieber, singer Pete Wentz, and actress and singer Anna Kendrick.
- Angry Birds has lots of rip-offs, knock-offs, bootlegs, and parodies - a few are included here.
- Angry Animals
- Angry Birds Famicom (also known as Angry Bird 3, according to this page) (a pirated NES game created by the Nice Code developers)
- Angry Brains
- Angry Ducks
- Angry Farm
- Angry Frogs
- Angry Pigs
- Angry Pussy Cats (Known as Angry Purrs)
- Angry Swamp ChootEm
- Angry Turds
- Beaver’s Revenge
- Beavers Strike Back
- Birds vs. Zombies
- Brutal Frogs Lite
- Crazy Birds (Fake arcade game made in the Philippines)
- Cut The Birds
- While they can be treated as rip-offs or parodies, they also can be treated as games of the same genre, since one of the main things of a game genre being created is a lot of similar games be made out of one.
- On July 19 of 2011, Rovio announced on their youtube channel that the game would be coming on Roku streaming devices, Such as the Roku 2. However, The game on Roku is no longer available.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
|Protagonists||( • ) • () • () • () • () • () • () • () • () •|
|Antagonists||( • • • ) • • • •|
|Materials and Objects||• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • * • •|
|Power-Ups||• • • • • * •|
|Cinematic Trailers||• • • Red’s Mighty Feathers Cinematic Trailer • Short Fuse Trailer|
|Miscellaneous||Angry Birds Theme • • • Cutscenes • Lives**** • • Daily Challenge •|
|Further Info||Achievements • Free Version (Lite • Lite Beta) • Gallery • Glitches • List of Levels • Soundtrack • Unused Content • Version History|
|Key||* - Exclusive to the Chinese version|
** - Exclusive to Angry Birds Time Travel
*** - Exclusive to Angry Birds Trilogy
**** - Exclusive to Angry Birds for Kakao