|King Pig has stolen the Eggs, and there's no way to retrieve them, ever!'
This article contains information about an abandoned project.
Angry Birds Action! was a pinball video game developed by Tag Games and published by Rovio Entertainment as the thirteenth game in the Angry Birds series, and the first to have the birds appear as they do in The Angry Birds Movie. It uses the basic mechanics of pinball with the various birds acting as the pinball.
The game was released on February 16, 2016, in New Zealand as a soft-launch, and then later it was released worldwide on April 28, 2016.
Unfortunately in October 2017, the game was removed from the app stores, the game only lasted as the movie was out.
The gameplay of Angry Birds Action! is very different from all previous games in the series. Each level consists of several stages, platforms, on which there are objects that change depending on the level mode, cluttered boxes, barrels, boxes and other items. Instead, there is a huge number of locations. Each location comprises one or more levels. To pass the levels of energy needed for one attempt through the levels one unit of energy expended. The maximum amount of three energies, one unit is restored 19 minutes.
Types of Levels
- Save the Eggs (): Hit a statue to save the eggs.
- Collect Candy () (): Collect all candies in the level.
- TNT Blast (): Destroy all TNTs.
- Save the Hatchlings (): Return Hatchlings to their nest.
- Soccer () (): Kick the balls to the hole.
- Pigs (): Pop all the pigs.
- Beachball (): Bounce/Move faster.
- Ice (): Turn everything around the area to break easier.
- Ghost (): Pass through the walls.
- Aimline (): Scoop further.
- Sticky (): Adds an extra move.
- Coins (): Used to fills a chest.
- Gems (): Used to revive, buy power-ups.
- Energy (): Used to play on each level.
- Key (): Unlocks the boxes after finishing levels.
Each character has power ability (except Red). In v2.2.0, it features to unlock special boosts by leveling them up.
|Hal is not playable but only appears in Wheel of Fortune. The re-spin costs 2 gems.|
|He only appeared in the early version, but later removed in v2.0.0 along with the plot storyline.|
BirdCodes are augmented reality codes where in the game, you tap the scan button and then aim at the codes. These codes can be located on many Angry Birds Movie merchandise and products such as McDonald's, H&M, LEGO Sets, Pez candy dispensers, and more which can unlock some extra content to the game and mini-games.
An inaudible digital watermark will play at the end credits of the movie which will unlock Piggy Island from the game (no longer possible as of the Big Pig update, since it's now unlocked from the beginning) and also exclusive clips from the movie, which varies where you watch it.
- If you open the game in theaters during the closing credits, the inaudible digital watermark will appear at the start of the second half, and the bonus scene you get shows a special ending of the movie, where Chuck gets his Spinning Billy from the recently-exploded city in Piggy Island.
- If you open the game in the 4K UHD, Blu-Ray 3D, Blu-Ray or DVD versions, you will get a clip featuring the Hatchlings and extra keys after finished levels.
- If you open the game in the Digital version, you will get a clip from Mighty Eagle and replace the airplane with Mighty Eagle.
The watermark is always retained in the TV airings of the movie, but not occurred if the airing has the time-compressed closing credits.
For this game achievements, see Angry Birds Action!/Achievements.
For this subject's image gallery, see Angry Birds Action!/Gallery.
- This game is based on another Rovio game called Deminions Unleashed.
- This is the third Angry Birds game to feature 3D graphics after Angry Birds Go! and Angry Birds Transformers. It is also the second game to portray the birds and pigs with limbs, again after Angry Birds Transformers.
- Some of the sounds are reused. Such as Silver's laugh after completing levels, and King Pig's laughter from Angry Birds Epic while an airplane drops obstacles onto the playing field.
- This is also the first Angry Birds game to use the character designs from The Angry Birds Movie.
AB Action page on Angry Birds website (Web archived)