|King Pig has stolen the Eggs, and there's no way to retrieve them, ever!'
This article contains information about an abandoned project.
Angry Birds Chrome was a free version of the Angry Birds available for PCs using the Google
Chrome web browser or any Chromium web browser. The game was available at the following site: Angry Birds Chrome.
The game featured the first five episodes of the classic game, an exclusive episode, a modified version of the Angry Birds Seasons episode Season's Greedings which includes four exclusive bonus levels, as well as the Cherry Blossom, Easter Eggs, Summer Pignic and Moon Festival episodes.
- The game was notable for being one of the first games to be coded using HTML5 rather than Adobe Flash.
It can be played with within the Google Chrome browser once the user downloads from the Chrome Webstore, or by simply clicking "Angry Birds" on a New Tab or typing "Angry Birds" on Google Chrome (if downloaded). Only the Chrome and Google+ versions use the Chrome Symbols instead of Golden Eggs. The Bad Piggies now have a new design, with the bottom part of their snout becoming more green and less visible, having bigger and less teeth.
The game was discontinued on May 4, 2015 as announced in the AngryBirdsNest Updates Log. It is no longer accessible and removed from the Chrome Webstore.
Nowadays. The link redirects you to the Angry Birds Nest homepage.
These episodes are modified from the original versions as present in Angry Birds Seasons.
- Season's Greedings
- Level 5 replaced with the Winter Wonderland level from the Samsung Galaxy promotion.
- Three additional bonus levels.
- Cherry Blossom
- Easter Eggs
- Several levels have been replaced.
- Three additional bonus levels.
- Summer Pignic
- Not an advent calendar.
- Mooncake Festival
- There are no Golden Mooncake pieces.
- Mooncake Festival (Moon Festival), but with a few altered changes in the background, such as white clouds on the theme and rocks on the river.
- Trick or Treat
- The ambience for Trick or Treat
Additionally, Angry Birds Chrome links to the following promotional sites:
- Angry Birds Volcano
- Angry Birds in The Hunt For The Golden Pistachio
- Angry Birds Telepizza
- Angry Birds Fuji TV
Season's Greedings Bonus Levels
In December 2011, three bonus levels were added to the Angry Birds Chrome version of the Season's Greedings episode. The codes to unlock the bonus levels were obtained through cross promotion from various sources.
The first code could be obtained by installing the Google Books app to the Chrome browser, then reading five pages of "Birds for Dummies."
The second code was given in small blocks by installing four apps from the Chrome Web Store and performing basic tasks using the apps. These included Hipmunk, Elfster, Astrid and Earbits.
The third code was obtained by installing the BBC Good Food app and clicking the icon.
Alternatively, Toys R Us stores offered one of the codes for free during the Angry Birds 2nd Birdday celebration on December 11, 2011.
The codes to play the bonus levels are:
Bonus Level 01: 11155666
Bonus Level 02: 23334441
Bonus Level 03: 33321999
Note: The Beta sign was removed.
- The menu screen has the Angry Birds/Bad Piggies designs at the time, not the level's designs.
- The bird designs would later be used in Angry Birds Rio since March 22, 2011.