|Angry Birds Evolution|
Current app icon
|Length (in levels):||Infinite|
|Released:||July 11, 2016 - August 3, 2016 (Beta; iOS only for AngryBirdsNest users)|
August 17, 2016 (Soft-launch; Hong Kong for iOS users only)
October 2016 (Soft Launch; some countries)
June 15, 2017 (Worldwide)
|Genre:||Puzzle, RPG, Physics, Strategy|
Angry Birds Evolution (formerly known as Angry Birds TNT) is a free-to-play turn-based role-playing video 3D puzzle RPG game. The game plays similar to Angry Birds Epic which was also developed by Chimera Entertainment. It plays similarly with the exception by slinging birds toward the enemies to defeat them.
- 1 History
- 2 Gameplay
- 3 Cutscenes
- 4 Items
- 5 Events
- 6 Totems
- 7 Characters
- 8 Collection
- 9 Chapters
- 10 Achievements
- 11 Gallery
- 12 Videos
- 13 Trivia
- 14 External Links
In the start of July 2016, Rovio and AngryBirdsNest were hosting the giveway beta of this game with a code named "TNT". Registered Angry Birds Nest who commented on the post and had IOS device got the game in a email given by the developers. The beta started July 11, 2016, this game was originally named as Angry Birds TNT while the app's name was AB Beta. The beta had several differences from the final game, such as different bird designs and functions.
The game received an update and the post was also updated to give more users the opportunity to try the beta. The update included several corrections and new designs to the birds. It was not possible to save progress from it. The beta was closed on August 3, 2016.The game was then released for a soft launch on August 17, 2016, in Hong Kong, with new name and other various changes.
The game released in more countries in October 2016.
A trailer was released on May 24th 2017, announcing the game's launch, users who pre-registered would get a free Starter Pack worth $7.99. The game officially launched worldwide on June 15, 2017. Promotions for the game were made in Rovio's other games, such as spells in Angry Birds 2 and a tournament in Angry Birds Friends!.
The gameplay of Angry Birds Evolution is similar to the Angry Birds Action!. the player must pull the selected bird and aim at the pig. The number above the pigs is how many turns left they have to attack players and the number above the birds are how many turns left to use the Super Shot.
The Super-Shots are the following:
- Red Birds: Launch themselves and kick the pigs, bouncing them around and giving large damage. Or throw an object at the pigs, also bouncing them around and giving large damage.
- Yellow Birds: Speed up around the stage, ignoring pigs.
- Black Birds: Launch themselves and explode a determined area.
- White Birds: Launch a Spiky Carpet that damage pigs, sometimes this spiky carpet is left on the battleground for a determined number of turns.
- Blue Birds: Create clones of themselves.
Each bird has its own modified ability of those, which varies in giving bonuses or in visual. The shapes are the following:
- Small Birds: Faster than others but a bit weaker.
- Normal Birds: The normal of them in speed and damage.
- Tall Birds: Are more likely to receive damage but deal more damage.
- Strong Birds: Strong but a bit slower.
- Chubby Birds: Very strong but very slow, some birds create cracks on the floor when doing abilities.
If the player chooses drags a bird to the first slot, he will become a leader, which grants extra damage and bonuses to the team, such as a damage bonus of a color or of a type. Leader birds also appears in the speaking cutscenes and as the symbol of the team.
The number of birds is seen here.
These abilities can be given even more power in Bird Town. To increase the power of these abilities, the player has to select birds in the slot and put them in the slots, it will cost coins. After it, the bird will be infused (The bird will sing) with the player's bird and its level will increase according to how much the selected bird has power, Totems can also be used.
After reaching and stopping at level 20, the bird can evolve, it will cost some Evolution Material. After evolving, the
bird's ability will be empowered, giving more damage and the bird's level can still be increased. Birds with 1-3 stars will stop its evolution proccess at this step, while 4-5 birds will still get a super-shot counter reducing evolution at level 40 and then a final evolution that can be chosen at level 60, there are two choices for them, each giving its own special bonus and power.
After reaching the max level, the bird can be awakened with an awake totem or by selecting birds needed to make the bird get a special ability, the Awaken Skill. The bird will also have 6 stars after this proccess, some of event birds already have 6 stars without this proccess.
In order to get birds, the player has to get eggs, the player can found them in the Hatchery, there are two types of eggs, the Normal and Premium Eggs, the Normal will hatch birds from 1 to 4 stars while Premium Eggs will hatch from 2 to 5 stars, they cost a determined value. Premium Eggs also hatch Event Limited Birds. Hatching 10 birds is possible, the player has to get a 10 Eggs Ticket or purchase with gems, which it's also possible to hatch 10 birds for a number times by obtaining tickets or paying gems.
Another way to obtain eggs is fighting, each color region only hatches eggs of that color, except the Jungle, that contains various colored eggs. Scout Missions, the arena, event levels, dungeons, Voyage and Major Pecker's Daily Challenge also give eggs upon defeating pigs.
Scouting gives eggs,missions, materials, battles, etc. In order to scout, the player needs to tap on an orange mark that generates in the island, then a scout will fly to the zone and drop the rewards. In the story three scouts are unlocked, which are needed to make a mission, but an extra one can be obtained in clans.
The enemies are scattered around Bird Island, where they are trying to conquer. The pigs have different occupations, such as Tourist or Mechanic, having special abilities and strengths, they also have different sizes:
- Small Pigs: The smallest of them, often throw items at the birds or tackle themselves.
- Medium Pigs: The fattest of them, often burp at the birds.
- Large Pigs: One of the tallest and strongest of them, often throw items or tackle at the birds.
- Huge Pigs: The largest of them, they occupy the largest part of the battleground, often do super-damaging abilities at the bird.
- Boss Pigs: Boss Variations of any type of pig that do more damage than their normal counterparts.
See the list of pigs here
For details about Bird Town, see Bird Town.
For details about Arena, see Arena.
For details about Voyage, see Voyage.
The game has cutscenes that show as a movie:
Start: Shirley and Patrick are happily walking on Bird Town but a rock starts shaking. Shirley gets scared and runs away from a pig stampede, revealing that they stole the eggs. Shirley tells Chuck that the eggs were stolen.
Eagle Mountain Visit: Mighty Eagle teaches the chosen character about the Eagle Force and lost Eagle Forcers, and after completing an area, Mighty Eagle tells which Eagle Forcer needs to be rescued.
Chapter 16-7: Don Bacon gets angry as Rocky, the Bacon Head Prototype, was defeated and talks with Patsy about his BaconHeadz plan, then a scene shows a Tourist Pig drinking Bacon Juice then turning into a BaconHead and then a bunch of Baconheadz.
- Dungeon Key
- Flower Bouquet
- Burn Ointment Tubes
- Oil Can
- Jetpack Manual
- Paper Clip
- Pair Of Skis
- Feather Moisturizers
- Burn Sprays
- Bucket Of Salt
- Salt Shaker
- Snout Badge
- Protection Pad
- Smoke Canister
- Climbing Gear
- Alien artifact
- Color Fragments (Red, Yellow, Black, and White)
- Presidential pardon
- Christmas present
- Grandfather Frost Matryoshka Dolls
- Super bowl ball
- Crushed bouquet
- Chocolate pig
- Pig tooth
- Alien eggs
- Pig hand
- Golden sample
- King Klaus's Crown
- Angry Birds Fans
- Pig Snout
- Dungeon Key
- Alien Abduction
- Color Brawls
- Red Brawl
- Yellow Brawl
- Black Brawl
- White Brawl
- Color Excavations
- Red Excavation
- Yellow Excavation
- Black Excavation
- White Excavation
- Most Metal Halloween Ever
- Christmas Time
- Ded Moroz New Year!
- The Road To Super Bowl LII
- The Valentine's Day The Earth Stood Still
- Easter Escape
- Slap Shot Mania!
- Cinco De Mayo
- Alien Infiltration
- Lucha Libre
- Carson Event
- Legacy Of The Beast
- Thanksgiving 2018
- Christmas 2018
- Carnival Event
- Easter Hunt!
- Father's Day
- Chubby Birds
- King Francis Returns
- All American Birds
- Flaming Bird Festival
- Regular Birds Event
- Rock Star Event
- Bird Festival
- Ask Facebook
- Elite Event
- Sports All-Stars Event
- Supertrainer Part 1
- Colour Events
- Red Event
- Yellow Event
- Black Event
- Blue Event
- White Event
- Supertrainer Event Part II
- Christmas 2019
- Orthodox Christmas 2020
- Classic Red Event
- Spring is Coming Event
- Best of 2019 Part I
- ST. Patrick's Day
- Summer Xmas
- Bomb Event
To see the totem on Angry Birds Evolution, see Angry Birds Evolution/Totems .
- To see the birds on Angry Birds Evolution, see Angry Birds Evolution/Birds.
- To see the pigs on Angry Birds Evolution, see Angry Birds Evolution/Pigs.
- To see the images collection on Angry Birds Evolution, see Angry Birds Evolution/Collection .
- Chapter 1: Return of the Pigs
- Chapter 2: The Desert Door
- Chapter 3: Saving Major Pecker
- Chapter 4: Flighty Instincts
- Chapter 5: Birdy Trap
- Chapter 6: Temple of Warth
- Chapter 7: Robobird
- Chapter 8: Birdtopia
- Chapter 9: Under Siege
- Chapter 10: The Irate Capades
- Chapter 11: The Snowbomb
- Chapter 12: Saving Peck Girl
- Chapter 13: Runaway Train
- Chapter 14: Hunt for Bacon Plaza
- Chapter 15: Bacon Juice
- Chapter 16-20: Return of the Pigs
- Chapter 21: Rumble At Eagle Mountain
- Chapter 22: The Ski Resort (Repeats after completion)
For this game achievements, see Angry Birds Evolution/Achievements.
For this subject's image gallery, see Angry Birds Evolution/Gallery.
- In this game, Shirley's color is blue.
- Angry Birds Evolution may be a spiritual sequel to Angry Birds Action, due to gameplay similarities between the two games.
- In some posters, the flock birds are fighting new birds, and in an ad, a blue bird punches Red in the face. This could imply that some birds have some type of rivalry.
- Some of the designs of the birds were brought from the comics and other instances.