|Angry Birds Friends|
The current app icon for the mobile version.
|Release Date||February 13, 2012 (Facebook)|
May 22, 2013 (Mobile)
August 9, 2019 (Windows)
|Age Rating||ESRB: Rating Pending|
Angry Birds Friends, formerly called Angry Birds Facebook, is a collaboration between Rovio and Facebook, announced on the official Facebook page on January 25, 2012. The game was to be released on February 14, 2012, but appeared as a playable version on February 13 as a beta release. The app received a level-update on February 29 and March 29. Power-Ups originated here.
- 1 Mobile
- 2 Gameplay
- 3 Tournaments
- 4 Playable Birds
- 5 Pigs
- 6 Other Characters
- 7 Star Cup
- 8 Logo
- 9 Social Media
- 10 Design Update
- 11 Original Version
- 12 Gallery
- 13 Unused Content
- 14 Trivia
- 15 External Links
There is also a mobile version for Angry Birds Friends. It has 6 weekly levels and was released on May 2, 2013. Click here to learn more.
The game is similar in most ways to the classic Angry Birds game, but with some notable changes that allows players to target better, fly longer, and create more damage, but the game can be played without the use of power-ups.
- Social media aspects allow players to invite friends to play or gift Power-ups to one another.
- Angry Birds Shop allows players to purchase Power-ups for their own use or as gifts to other players.
- Bird Coins: These are coins that are given as rewards by winning stars on Weekly Tournament Levels and placing in the Top 3. These came in an update for Angry Birds Friends on February 4th, 2013. You can use these coins to purchase Power UPs, Mighty Eagles, Avatars and Costumes, and Wingmans.
- Wingman is a power-up of Terence wearing a wrestling mask. When used a cutscen will play and he will tag the current bird on the slingshot out and he will go in thewir place. Special Superhero Effects like "Bam!" or "Pow!" are included when this hero deals with damage!
- Avatars are icons of characters you can give to your account. The characters avalible are Red, Chuck, Bomb, The Blues, Matilda, Minion Pig, Red with an explosion background, Terence and Bubbles.
Note: There are some tournaments that were re-editioned in the game, some adding new content, but they aren't on the list, because it repeats unnecessarily. The re-editions are in its respective tournament pages.
- Weekly Tournament (Now called Angry Birds Tournament)
- Lotus F1 Team Tournament
- Halloween Tournament 2012
- Winter Tournament
- Easter tournament
- Valentine's Tournament
- Summer Tournament
- Freddie For A Day Tournament
- Rock In Rio Tournament 2013
- 25 Billion Tournament
- Halloween Tournaments 2013
- Holiday Tournaments 2013
- New Year Tournament
- Wingman Tournament
- Bomb Tournament
- April Fools Tournament
- Chuck Tournament
- Bird Cup Tournament 2014 (Brazil)
- Summer Tournament
- Wingman Tournament 2
- Office Tournament
- Sneak Peek Tournament
- Halloween Tournaments 2014
- Roll With The Pangolins Tournament
- TNT Tournament
- Holiday Tournaments 2014
- Rocket Tournament
- Starburst Tournament
- Starburst Easter Tournament
- Bubbles Tournament
- Rock In Rio Tournament 2015
- Retro Games Tournament
- Help Nepal Tournament
- Massive Tournament
- Underwater Tournament
- Up For School Tournament
- Princess Tournament
- Matilda Tournament
- Angry Birds 2 Tournament
- Hip Hop Tournament
- Rio Tournament
- Rock In Rio Tournament 2015
- Champions For Earth Tournament
- Love Rocks Tournament
- Halloween Tournaments 2015
- Moustache Pig Tournament
- Wild West Tournament
- Jelly Bounce Tournament
- Holiday Oink Tournament
- Heartbreaker Tournament
- Carnival Tournaments
- Year In Space Tournament
- Easter Tournament 2016
- The Angry Birds Movie Tournament
- Vikings Tournament
- Knights Of The Golden Egg Tournament
- Pig Your Ride Tournament
- Summer Swine Tournament
- Tiger Day Tournament
- Sporty Pig Tournament
- Own The Movie Tournament
- Wish Upon A Pig Tournament
- Autumn Harvest Tournament
- Halloween Tournaments 2016
- Amusement Pork Tournament
- Hogiday Tournaments
- Blast! Tournament
- Year Of The Rooster Tournament
- Designed By You Tournament
- Love Is In The Air Tournament
- Pig Day Tournament
- Bunny Business Tournament
- Spring Has Sprung Tournament
- TRAPPIGST-1 Tournament
- Pig Out Tournament
- Tropigal Eggscape Tournament
- Join The Evolution Tournament
- I Want To Ride My Pigcycle Tournament
- Elephant Day Tournament
- Designed By You Tournament Part 2
- Party With The Hatchlings Tournament
- Halloween Tournaments 2017
- Day Of The Dead Tournament
- Santa Coal And Candy Claus Tournament
- Ancient Greece Tournament
- Cupigs In Venice Tournament
- Cherry Blossom Tournament
- Handegg Tournament
- Viking Spring Tournament
- Swine Pays Tournament
- Bird Cup Tournament 2018 (Russia)
- Kentucky Free Chicken Tournament
- Iron Maiden Halloween Tournaments 2018
- Diwali Tournament
- Pink Friday Tournament
- Holiday Tournaments 2018
- Dream Blast Tournament
- Piggy Proposal Tournament
- St. Piggies Day Tournament
- Detecpigs Tournament
- Junk Food Tournament
- The Angry Birds Movie 2 Tournaments
- Pig To School Tournament
- Happy Hog Heaven Tournament
- Halloween Tournament 2019
- Porkopalypse Tournament
- 10th Anniversary Tournament
- Holiday Tournaments 2019
- Once Upon A Pig Tournament
- Easter Pig Hunt Tournament
- Everton Tournament
- 4th of July Tournament
- PigFoot goes Campig Tournament
- The Flingstones Tournament
- Fallen Pigs Tournament
- Holiday Tournaments (2020)
- Australia Day Tournament
- Eggcellent Adventure
- Smurfs Tournament
- Guess the Band Tournament
- Designed By You Tournament Part 3 (Confirmed)
- Prehistoric Tournament (Possible)
- Egg Hunt Raffle
- Tournament Mania
- Star Chest Event
- Chuck Boost Event
- Nostalgia Mania
- Nostalgia Mania 2
- Double Trouble This Halloween
- Tournament Frenzy
- Bird Switcher Event
- Red (First level appearance: Poached Eggs 1)
- Jay, Jake, and Jim (First level appearance: Poached Eggs 10)
- Chuck (First level appearance: Poached Eggs 16)
- Bomb (First level appearance: Poached Eggs 26)
- Matilda (First level appearance: Poached Eggs 35)
- Hal (First level appearance: Surf and Turf 18)
- Terence (First level appearance: Surf and Turf 31)
- Bubbles (First appearance Halloween Tournament 2012 (Level Appearance: Pig Tales 1-5) )
- Stella (First appearance Pink Friday Tournament)
- Mighty Eagle (can be purchased by Bird Coins, he was removed on January 2020 from the Facebook version)
- Hockey Bird (first level appearance NHL tournament 1)
- Shakira (first level appearance Love Rocks Tournament)
- Eddie The Bird (Bird Quake power-up in Iron Maiden Halloween 2018 Tournaments)
- Small Pig
- Medium Pig
- Large Pig
- Helmet Pig
- Foreman Pig
- King Pig
- Chef Pig
- Green Day Pigs (removed along with Green Day)
- Zombie Pigs
- Fat Pig (Zombie Pig, El Porkador, World Cup Pig and Sea Monster Pig)
- Grouchy Pig
- Dragon Pig
- Genie Pig
- Fungi Pig
- Donut Pig
- Trapped Pig
- Spirit Pig
- Golden Cupig
- Hulk Pig
- Iron Maiden Zombie Pig
- The Beast Pig
- Handsome Pig
- Santa Pig
- Golden Realistic Pig Statue
- Pig In Love
- Leprechaun Pig
- Fat Pig
- 16-Bit Retro Game Plumber Pig (Super Mario Pig)
- Bulky Pig
- Fat Bunny Pig
- Cletus Pig
- Dino Pig (Possible)
- Trapped Exotic Birds
- Rubber Duck
- Elephant Mother And Calves
- Santa Claus
- Golden Dumbo Elephant
See Star Cup.
The original logo for Angry Birds Facebook included the King Pig's three-pointed crown. However, on March 14, 2012, the logo was changed to include a less-specific crown.
In May 2013, the logo has changed from the silhouettes to just a simple logo with blue rectangles surrounding the word "Friends" because of the release on mobile.
In 2016, the logo has changed.
Angry Birds Friends utilizes the social media nature of Facebook in three key areas:
- What are those crowns in my level selection screen?
- A crown is a visual indicator of your rank among your friends. A gold crown means you have the highest score of all your friends who are playing Angry Birds on Facebook. Silver and bronze crowns are rewards for second and third places respectively. You can see which levels you hold a crown in, in the level selection screen.
On the mobile version, the designs of the Power-Ups were updated in April 2017. After that, in May of the same year, both the birds and pigs' designs were updated, leaving them with their Toons designs and giving Hal a brand new design, which he has a curved orange beak, a body like the classic design but with updated feathers and a yellow ring around the eyes. Corporal Pig, Foreman Pig, and King Pig kept their original designs but updated to be like their Toons designs. King Pig's crown received golden spheres.
Bubbles didn't receive one, mostly because his in-game design was the same as his Toons design.
In April 2019, the Facebook version also was updated with the new designs and was currently only for the pigs. Bird's designs were changed on January 2020 along with the removal of Story Mode and Bird-O-Matic.
In 2019, a Microsoft port of the game came out which had an all-new menu. The changes in that version came to the mobile version in November 2019 and the Facebook version in January 2020. This is a bit about the original version and everything removed.
- Poached Eggs
- Mighty Hoax
- Surf and Turf
- Pigini Beach
- Pig Tales
- Green Day (removed on December 20, 2012)
- Golden Eggs
Golden Egg / Easter Egg Locations
On April 3, 2012, AB Facebook introduced Golden/Easter Eggs. There were 10 eggs. Here were the locations.
On February 11, 2012, Rovio introduced a link via the Angry Birds Facebook page for users to create a customized Bird avatar. The customizations included a crown, cowboy hat, pirate hat, and sombrero, along with three types of sunglasses and an eye patch. Users can choose between Red, Chuck, Female Red Bird, The Blues, Hal, King Pig, Bomb, Terence, Matilda, Super Space Red, an Egg, Stella, & Bubbles as their customized avatar (only the first three are available for free). A cryptic message about defending the egg with a large flock around a Golden Egg with a crown can be seen on the site.
Avatars were officially released on the site on March 14, 2012, with the launch of the "Bird-O-Matic" tool with several additional items to add to your character, which are:
- Red: Free
- Chuck: Free
- Girl Bird: Free
- Stella: Free
- King Pig
- Space Red
These are the backgrounds:
- Easter Background
- Wingman Tournament Background
- Valentine's Day 2014 Tournament Background
- Winter Tournament 2013 Tournament Background
- Pig Tales Background
- Pig Bang Moon Background
- Hogs and Kisses Background
- Surf and Turf Background
- Season's Greedings Background
- Ham'em High Backgound
- Mighty Hoax Background
- Poached Eggs Background
- Bronze Wreath Background (100 Stars Required)
- Silver Wreath Background (200 Stars Required)
- Golden Wreath Background (300 Stars Required)
- Diamond Background (400 Stars Required)
It was removed - if you played before it was removed, you get a power-up box.
The one change is that, as with the Power-Ups, the Mighty Eagle has limited uses and additional usage must be earned or purchased through the store. Mighty Eagle was taken out of the game in January 2020.
The tutorial used to be a game mode in the mobile version. It used to be mandatory to complete to use the tournaments but an update removed that. It was always mandatory to complete when trying to play the power-up practice.
Power-up practise was a mode in the mobile version. You would be given unlimited power-ups in this mode. It was removed in December 2019.
Original Player Icons
The original player icons consisted of Red, Chuck, Bomb, The Blues, Wingman, Hal, Bubbles and Fat Pig
For this subject's image gallery, Angry Birds Friends/Gallery.
For unused content, see Angry Birds Friends/Unused Content.
- Before the update on February 4th, 2013, Weekly Tournaments were played at night time, but in the update, the background is played during the daytime.
- Just two weeks after the new tournament update with Wingman, February 18th, 2013, another update to Angry Birds Friends updates rivals to the Tournaments, for those who don't have rivals to play against yet. Photos of Chuck the Yellow Bird and Red the Red Bird appear competing in the tournament as CPU rivals. Beat their high score and you're a couple of steps closer to winning unless there are Facebook User opponents.
- Angry Birds Friends' logo has been changed some days after the mobile version got released.
- This is the 6th Angry Birds game in the Angry Birds App/Game series, including its spin-off, Bad Piggies.
- This is the second time that Female Red Bird appears. The first was in Angry Birds Seasons.
- This is the only Angry Birds game that is playable on Facebook. Other games with Facebook connect are unable to play on the Facebook site.
- Bomb and Matilda now appear on the score leaderboard since the Movie and Own The Movie Tournament, but they appear randomly.
- There was supposed to be an Egg Bomb power-up where egg bombs with parachutes fall from the sky, but Rovio cut it, probably because it resembled Matilda's power too much.
- If the date is the player's birthday, 5Wingman Power-Ups will be given to the player for free.
- Stella, when launched from the slingshot, sometimes uses Hal's launch voice (from Angry Birds Seasons, primarily, and since the newer updates of Angry Birds Classic and Angry Birds Rio) for unknown reason.
- Bubbles makes his own sounds when he waits for a slingshot, a feature originally planned for Angry Birds Seasons.
- The Power-Up Practice was the only mode with unlimited Power-Ups.
- As of May 2017 this is now the second classic game to use Toons sprites, after Angry Birds Rio (Rio 2 episodes).
- Strangely, Bubbles is the only bird not to be redesigned in his toons style.
https://www.facebook.com/angrybirdsfriends/ (Official Facebook Page)
|Major titles||Core series: * (2009) • (2015)|
Side series: * (2010) • * (2011) • * (2012) • * (2012) • * (2013) • * (2013) • * (2014) • (2013) • (2014) • (2015) • * (2015) • * (2016) • (2016) • * (2016) • * (2016) • * (2016) • * (2017) • (2017) • (2017) • * (2017) • * (2018) • (2019) • (2019) • * (2019) • * (2020) • * (2020)
|Free Versions||Angry Birds Lite* (2009) • Angry Birds Lite Beta* (2010) • Angry Birds Free* (2011) • Angry Birds Seasons Free* (2011) • Angry Birds Rio Free* (2011) • (2011) • Angry Birds Space Free* (2012) • Angry Birds Star Wars Free* (2012) • Bad Piggies Free* (2012)|
|Web Games||* (2011) • (2013) • * (2011) • * (2011) • * (2012) • Angry Birds Lotus F1 Team* (2012) • Angry Birds Star Wars Facebook* (2012) • Angry Birds McDonald's* (2012) • Angry Birds Coca-Cola* (2012) • Angry Birds Heikki* (2012) • Angry Birds Telepizza* (2012) • Angry Birds Fuji TV* (2012) • Angry Birds in Ultrabook™ Adventure* (2012) • Angry Birds Philadelphia Eagles* (2012) • Angry Birds Google+* (2011) • Angry Birds Chrome* (2011) • Angry Birds Friends (2013) • Angry Birds Winter Wonderland* (2011) • Angry Birds Skills* (2014) • Angry Birds Radox (Venatus Angry Birds) (2017) • Egg Attack (2021)|
|Joke Games||Agri Birds (2015) • Angry Birds Stretch (2017) • Cryptobirdies (2018)|
|Miscellaneous||Angry Birds Go! Countdown* (2013) • Angry Birds Go! Create* (2014) • Angry Birds VR* (2014) • Angry Birds Arcade (2016) • Angry Birds World Tour (2016) • Angry Birds Champions (2018) • Angry Birds for Facebook Messenger (2018) • Angry Birds: Flip the Bird (2018) • Angry Birds GO! Turbo Edition (2019) • Angry Birds Heroes* (Unreleased game)|
|Upcoming games||Angry Birds Journey (2021) • Angry Birds Double Crossed (2021) • Angry Birds Launch It! (2021) • Bad Piggies 2 (2021) • Angry Birds Reloaded (2021)|
|Protagonists||• • ( • • ) • () • • • • • () • • • • • • Sonam Kapoor Bird • Matt Damon Bird • • • VIXX • • • • •|
|Antagonists (Accessorized Pigs)||( • • ) • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Materials and Objects||• • • • • • • • • • •|
|Power-Ups||• • • • • • • • • TNT Presents • • • •|
|Other||Tournaments • Events • Star Cup • Bird-O-Matic • Ports (Mobile Port • Windows 10 Port) • Achievements • • • Gallery (Textures & Sprites) • Glitches • Unused Content • Version History|