Angry Birds Friends!, formerly called Angry Birds Facebook, is a collaboration between Rovio and Facebook, announced on the official Facebook page on January 25, 2012. The game was to be released on February 14, 2012 but appeared as a playable version on February 13 as a beta release. The app received a level-update on February 29 and March 29. Powerups originated here.
There is also a mobile version for Angry Birds Friends. It has 6 weekly levels and was released on May 2, 2013. Click here to learn more.
Game PlayThe game is similar in most ways to the classic Angry Birds game, but with some notable change allow players to target better, fly longer, and create more damage, but the game can be played without the use of power-ups.
- Social Media aspects allow players to invite friends to play, gift Power-ups to one another.
- Angry Birds Shop allows players to purchase Power-ups and usage of the Mighty Eagle for their own use or as gifts to other players.
- Avatars allow users to customize a bird icon for their profile.
- Bird Coins: These are coins that are given as rewards by winning stars on Weekly Tournament Levels and placing in the Top 3. These came in an update for Angry Birds Friends on February 4th, 2013. You can use these coins to purchase Power UPs, Mighty Eagles, Avatars and Costumes, and Wingmans.
- Wingman also came in the new update for Angry Birds Friends. You can use this character in weekly tournament levels, only. Terence, dressed up as this Superhero, will help you deal more damage in those Weekly Tournament Levels. Special Superhero Effects like "Bam!" or "Pow!" included when this hero deals with damage! But just like any power-up in the game, Wingman is limited, so use wisely, or buy more if you have enough Bird Coins. (Note: In Wingman Tournament update. You can use Wingman at every level.)
Episodes and tournaments
This game consists of three playable levels, two of which already existed in the classic Angry Birds game. When the app was released, Surf and Turf included 15 exclusive levels. Surf and Turf eventually were released in an update for Angry Birds. The update on February 29 added an additional 15 and usage of the Boomerang Bird. On March 29, a new update gave Surf and Turf 15 stormy, rainy levels they appear to be the last levels. Also, Green Day was removed on December 20th, 2012.
- Weekly Tournament (Now called Angry Birds Tournament)
- Lotus F1 Tournament
- Halloween Tournament 2012
- Lotus F1 Team Tournament
- Winter Tournament
- Easter tournament
- Valentine's Tournament
- Summer Tournament
- Freddie For A Day Tournament
- Rock In Rio Tournament 2013
- 25 Billion Tournament
- Halloween Tournaments 2013
- Holiday Tournaments 2013
- New Year Tournament
- Wingman Tournament
- Bomb Tournament
- April Fools Tournament
- Chuck Tournament
- Bird Cup Tournament 2014 (Brazil)
- Summer Tournament
- Wingman Tournament 2
- Office Tournament
- Sneak Peek Tournament
- Halloween Tournaments 2014
- Roll With The Pangolins Tournament
- TNT Tournament
- Holiday Tournaments 2014
- Rocket Tournament
- Starburst Tournament
- Starburst Easter Tournament
- Bubbles Tournament
- Rock In Rio Tournament 2015
- Retro Games Tournament
- Help Nepal Tournament
- Massive Tournament
- Underwater Tournament
- Up For School Tournament
- Princess Tournament
- Matilda Tournament
- Angry Birds 2 Tournament
- Hip Hop Tournament
- Rio Tournament
- Rock In Rio Tournament 2015
- Champions For Earth Tournament
- Love Rocks Tournament
- Halloween Tournaments 2015
- Moustache Pig Tournament
- Wild West Tournament
- Jelly Bounce Tournament
- Holiday Oink Tournament
- Heartbreaker Tournament
- Carnival Tournaments
- Year In Space Tournament
- Easter Tournament 2016
- The Angry Birds Movie Tournament
- Vikings Tournament
- Knights Of The Golden Egg Tournament
- Pig Your Ride Tournament
- Summer Swine Tournament
- Tiger Day Tournament
- Sporty Pig Tournament
- Own The Movie Tournament
- Wish Upon A Pig Tournament
- Autumn Harvest Tournament
- Halloween Tournaments 2016
- Hogiday Tournaments
- Amusement Pork Tournament
- Blast! Tournament
- Year Of The Rooster Tournament
- Designed By You Tournament
- Love Is In The Air Tournament
- Pig Day Tournament
- Bunny Business Tournament
- Spring Has Sprung Tournament
- TRAPPIGST-1 Tournament
- Pig Out Tournament
- Tropigal Eggscape Tournament
- Join The Evolution Tournament
- I Want To Ride My Pigcycle Tournament
- Elephant Day Tournament
- Designed By You Tournament Part 2
- Party With The Hatchlings Tournament
- Halloween Tournaments 2017
- Day Of The Dead Tournament
- Santa Coal And Candy Claus Tournament
- Ancient Greece Tournament
- Cupigs In Venice Tournament
- Handegg Tournament
- Viking Spring Tournament
- Swine Pays Tournament
- Bird Cup Tournament 2018 (Russia)
- Kentucky Free Chicken Tournament
- Iron Maiden Halloween Tournaments 2018
- Diwali Tournament
- Pink Friday Tournament
- Holiday Tournaments 2018
- Dream Blast Tournament
- Piggy Proposal Tournament
- St. Piggies Day Tournament
- Detecpigs Tournament
- Junk Food Tournament
- The Angry Birds Movie 2 Tournaments
- Pig To School Tournament
- Happy Hog Heaven Tournament
- Halloween Tournament 2019
- Porkopalypse Tournament
- Designed By You Tournament Part 3 (Confirmed)
- Prehistoric Tournament (Possible)
Note: There are some tournaments that were re-editioned in the game, some adding new content, but they aren't on the list, because it repeats unnecessarily. The re-editions are on its respective tournament pages.
- Red (First level appearance: Poached Eggs 1)
- Jay, Jake, and Jim (First level appearance: Poached Eggs 10)
- Chuck (First level appearance: Poached Eggs 16)
- Bomb (First level appearance: Poached Eggs 26)
- Matilda (First level appearance: Poached Eggs 35)
- Hal (First level appearance: Surf and Turf 18)
- Terence (First level appearance: Surf and Turf 31)
- Bubbles (First level appearance Pig Tales 5)
- Stella (First level appearance Pink Friday Tournament)
- Mighty Eagle (can be purchased by Bird Coins)
- Hockey Bird (first level appearance NHL tournament 1)
- Shakira (first level appearance Love Rocks Tournament)
- Eddie The Bird (Bird Quake power-up in Iron Maiden Halloween 2018 Tournaments)
- Fat Pig (Zombie Pig, El Porkador, World Cup Pig and Sea Monster Pig)
- Grouchy Pig
- Dragon Pig
- Genie Pig
- Fungi Pig
- Donut Pig
- Trapped Pig
- Spirit Pig
- Golden Cupig
- Hulk Pig
- Iron Maiden Zombie Pig
- The Beast Pig
- Santa Pig
- Golden Realistic Pig Statue
- Pig In Love
- Leprechaun Pig
- Fat Pig
- 16-Bit Retro Game Plumber Pig (Super Mario Pig)
- Bulky Pig
- Dino Pig (Possible)
- Trapped Exotic Birds
- Elephant Mother And Calves
- Santa Claus
- Golden Dumbo Elephant
Mighty EagleThe Mighty Eagle is included in the game and functions the same as it does for the Classic game, Rio and Seasons. The one change is that, as with the Power-Ups, the Mighty Eagle has limited uses and additional usage must be earned or purchased through the store.
Angry Birds Friends utilizes the social media nature of Facebook in three key areas:
- What are those crowns in my level selection screen?
- A crown is a visual indicator of your rank among your friends. A gold crown means you have the highest score of all your friends who are playing Angry Birds on Facebook. Silver and bronze crowns are rewards for second and third places respectively. You can see which levels you hold a crown in, in the level selection screen.
On February 11, 2012, Rovio introduced a link via the Angry Birds Facebook page for users to create a customized Bird avatar. The customizations included a crown, cowboy hat, pirate hat, and sombrero, along with three types of sunglasses and an eye patch. Users can choose between Red, Chuck, Female Red Bird, The Blues, Hal, King Pig, Bomb, Terence, Matilda, Super Space Red, an Egg, Stella & Bubbles as their customized avatar (only the first three are available for free). A cryptic message about defending the egg with a large flock around a Golden Egg with a crown can be seen on the site.
Avatars were officially released on the site on March 14, 2012, with the launch of the "Bird-O-Matic" tool with several additional items to add to your bird, however most items have a cost associated with them. Additionally, Bronze, Silver, Gold and Diamond backgrounds are offered in the Avatar section after completing a specific threshold of stars. 100 Stars will unlock bronze, 200 Stars will unlock silver, 400 stars will unlock gold, while 600 are needed for diamond.
See Star Cup.
Design UpdateOn the mobile version, the designs of the Power-Ups were updated in April 2017, after that, on May of the same year, both birds and pigs' designs were updated, leaving them with their Toons designs and giving Hal a brand new design, which he has a curved orange beak, a body like the classic design but with updated feathers and a yellow ring around the eyes. Corporal Pig, Foreman Pig, and King Pig kept their original designs but with updated to be like their Toons designs, King Pig's crown received golden spheres.
Bubbles didn't receive one, mostly because his design is not different from the Toons design.
On April 2019, the Facebook version also was updated with the new designs, but it's currently only for the pigs, it's unknown if the birds designs are going to be brought to the online version, if they come to the online version, the developers have to update several things, such as Bid-O-Matic and cutscenes to be according to the Toons Design.
The original logo for Angry Birds Facebook included the King Pig's three-pointed crown. However, on March 14, 2012, the logo was changed to include a less-specific crown.
In May 2013, the logo has changed from the silhouettes to just a simple logo with blue rectangles surrounding the word "Friends" because of the release on mobile.
In 2016, the logo has changed.
Facebook Golden/Easter Egg Locations
On April 3, 2012, AB Facebook introduced Golden/Easter Eggs. There were 10 eggs. Here are the locations.
- Before the new update on February 4th, 2013, Weekly Tournaments were played at night time, but in the update, the background is played during the daytime.
- Just two weeks after the new tournament update with Wingman, February 18th, 2013, another update to Angry Birds Friends updates rivals to the Tournaments, for those who don't have rivals to play against yet. Photos of Chuck the Yellow Bird and Red the Red Bird appear competing in the tournament as CPU rivals. Beat their high score and you're a couple of steps closer to winning unless there are Facebook User opponents.
- Angry Birds Friends' logo has been changed some days after the mobile version got released.
- This is the 6th Angry Birds game in the Angry Birds App/Game series, including its spin-off, Bad Piggies.
- This is the second time that Female Red Bird appears. The first was in Angry Birds Seasons.
- This is only Angry Birds game that is playable on Facebook. Other games with Facebook connect are unable to play on the Facebook site.
- Bomb and Matilda now appear on the score leaderboard since the Movie and Own The Movie Tournament, but they appear randomly.
- There was supposed to be an Egg Bomb power-up where egg bombs with parachutes fall from the sky, but Rovio cut it, probably because it resembled Matilda's power too much.
- If the date is the player's birthday, 5 Wingman Power-Ups will be given to the player for free.
https://www.facebook.com/angrybirdsfriends/ (Official Facebook Page)