This is the list of unused content from the game, Angry Birds Go!.
- 1 Early builds
- 2 Angry Birds Go! v1.0
- 3 Angry Birds Go! v2.0
- 4 Debugging Utilities
- 5 Error Messages
- 6 Removed playable characters
- 7 Unused Loading screen
- 8 References
- Bomb's Big Bang was originally called Exploder in the gameplay trailer.
- Before the game was released, in Countdown to Angry Birds Go!, Foreman Pig's Green Baron was originally called Crimson Baron.
- Chuck's ability was different in the gameplay trailer before the final game was released.
- The kart selection was different in the gameplay trailer before the final game was released.
Angry Birds Go! v1.0
- Mechanic Pig appeared in Angry Birds Go! with the kart selection and cutscenes. In v1.10.0 Halloween update of 2015, he was removed from the kart selection screen for space limitation purposes. His audio clips can be found in the game data files. The fans' reaction to this was generally unfavourable.
- Chronicler Pig was an old sprite model of Senna Bird in v1.4.0 and you can play as him. Put Ayrton Senna as current racer in v1.8.2 and install any previous version as v1.7.0 or other and when the game open you will see a "magenta racer" sprite. You will notice that he is Chronicler Pig and your power hits opponents behind you. 
Warning: Trying that method will reset your races as Ayrton Senna and you will not able to get his helmet completing 41 races after.
Angry Birds Go! v2.0
- An azure toolbox was featured in v2.0 update. For an unknown reason, it was then removed at the latest version (2.9.1).
A Debug Menu is present in the game files based off xml/ui.pak and library code. It is unused but mostly usable, public builds of the game have stripped the code to load it normally, thus a library edit must be used to replace a given screen to load it.
- Screen List: A list of screens registered by all screen XMLs, excluding screens having debugPrioritise present and set to false in their XML file, the green square above moves the screen list a page up, opposite moves down, the blue bar above moves the list up one line, down does the opposite. Clicking a screen name calls a button going by Back to Debug, and then goes to the screen chosen, clicking that button will send you back to the Debug Menu. 12 items are displayed on a single page.
- Cycle LOC: Changes the text locale to a new one, also can use String IDs, which shows the internal string IDs from localisation.pak/locdb.xlc instead of the original text, does not affect the Debug Menu. The current locale is displayed by the CURRENT value.
- Back: Returns to the Map Screen.
Developer (Cheat) Menu?
Text for a Developer (Cheat) Menu exists in localisation.pak/locdb.xlc, it can:
- Add Currency: Adds an unknown amount of currency.
- Reset All Data: Resets all player data.
- Open Debug Menu: Opens the Debug Menu.
- Load Kart Offroad Test: Unknown. Probably a test map.
- Load Kart Air Test: Unknown. Probably a test map.
- Load Stunt Test: Unknown. Probably a test map.
- Add XP: Adds 50 XP.
- Toggle Invulnerability: Toggles player invulnerability.
- Unlimited Ability: Player has unlimited ability uses.
- Wrong Tier: Unknown.
- Skip FTUE: Skips the FTUE.
- Disable AI Abilities: Disables AI Abilities.
- Unlock All Characters: Unlocks all characters.
- Use Any Kart: Allows you to use any kart.
- Toggle Track Select Notifications: Unknown.
- Go to Showroom: Goes to showroom.
This is likely stripped for version 2.0.30 and beyond as no files or library code mention calling these in other versions.
Debug Tweaklist XML
A debugging feature tweak list is present in gameplay/misc.pak/ and is named: DebugTweakables.xml. It has a LOT of tweaks that are enabled (aside from true debugging tweaks) on every game bootup, even for a retail build, some code isn't present in the library and/or the XML logically, anything in XMLs ONLY from the Library can be used as settings are called from it and not the XMLs alone.
Other debugging functions
In-game debugging buttons are mentioned in UI.pak, in the XML directory, but they are hidden from releases.
- Debug Show Devices: Shows all devices?
- Debug Close: Closes a requested cloud save.
- Debug Timer Spin: Unknown.
- Debug Show Parties: Shows parties?
- Debug Button: Loads the Developer (Cheat) Menu, this is likely stripped from the public build of game.
- Debug Score Scroller: Unknown.
- Debug Score Source: Unknown.
- Debug Restart: Unknown, likely restarts the level, the state to change to is likely stripped from the public build of the game as the executable does not mention debugRestart.
- Debug Reopen: Unknown, the state to change to is likely stripped from the public build of game as the executable does not mention debugReopen.
- Debug Panel Text: Unknown.
- Debug Panel: Unknown.
- Debug ID: Tournament Debug ID, relating to the debug tournament file?
The file debugtournament.xml in xml/tournament.pak has a lot of debugging tournaments for Chinese New Year, named DCNYXXXX (with X's to replace), for debug tournament selection.
Missing String Handler
If the game detects a missing string that the game expects in a file, it will say !MISSING STRING!.
Unused playable characters
In the character icon image ui_core.pak/textures/uicharacters_1_of_1.xgt (V2), there are complete icons for a Minion Pig for both the character select or daily challenge popup in v2 and online multiplayer team list in the v1 series before v1.13.9 as reserve drivers for players to replace them. There are also many unused sounds for them meaning Rovio was likely planning to make it possible to play as one. The character's script file is characters/charxml.pak/char_015.xml and it disabled the character as it instead used an AI rival. The character uses some of Foreman Pig's code, and also used Red's ability icon for the ability icon outside of a race. However has none of these have been coded, V1 also a similar player icon. There's also no animations programmed for use or directories of them for the character.
In one of the character script files: characters/charxml/char_016.xml, there's a mention for Dealer Pig and the script disabled the character, it is partially based on the unused/AI Minion Pig but preferably based on the Foreman Pig, it also used Red's ability icon outside of a race, there are no plain icons or sounds for this character during a race or at the showroom. The character is named MOUSTACHE PIG, the icon outside a race is Moustache Pig's in-race avatar from V1, stretched out to fit, the name of the character inside a race is not known in the game files. The ability he has is an instant explosion, but it unfortunately has no hitboxes, making it useless, it also has no icon during a race... Another thing is that the character "floats" over its vehicle, both during a race and in the showroom.
Removed playable characters
Senna Bird is no longer playable as of the v2 update, but most textures, all animations, and the character script for him still exist, but not all sounds are programmed to play. The only sounds that can play are for showroom idle, pre-race, some race sounds, and win/lose race are present. The texture of the character is a black square, likely meaning it's not in the game files. The ability icon in races is also not present, but the ability also works completely fine like before.
Senna Bird (Helmet)
Senna Bird in his helmet is also no longer playable as of the v2 update, but most textures, all animations, and the character script for him still exist, but not all sounds are programmed to play. Only the sounds for showroom idle, pre-race, some race sounds and win/lose race are present. The texture of the character is a black square, likely meaning it's not in the game files. The ability icon in races is also not present, but the ability also works completely fine like before. The map icon also is missing.
Unused Loading screen
The ETC1 compressed XGT file only has one texture in a 1024x1024 image, an unused image for loading a match in single player. It is named loading_background_sp.png and it is oversized by a decently sized portion. The file loading_tbm_cmp_noalpha.atlas also has this image used in the exact same size and compression. It is possible to load this from navigating to the new user screen and clicking GO! on an existing save before crashing.
|Playable Characters||• • • • • • • • • • • • (Unused: )|
|Non-playable characters||• •|
|Materials and Objects||• • • •|
|Power-Ups||• • •|
|Others||Achievements • • • Gallery • Glitches • Unused Content • Version History • Other Versions (Create • Turbo Edition) • Countdown • Videos • Gameplay (Modes • Plot • Items • Karts • Version 1) •|