|Angry Birds Match|
Current app icon
|Length (in levels):||500|
|Released:||November 11, 2016 (iOS) (Finland, Australia and Canada; soft-launched)|
March 29, 2017 (Android; soft-launched)
August 31, 2017 (Worldwide)
Angry Birds Match is a match-3 game involving the Hatchlings and characters from Angry Birds Blues, where players match items to accomplish missions on behalf of the Hatchlings, which include gathering food, retrieving stolen toys, and defeating pigs.
This game was released soft launched on November 11, 2016 in select countries.
Nine months later after soft-launch release, Angry Birds Match came out in worldwide on August 31st, 2017 to promote a recently launched show, Angry Birds Blues.
The game is a variation of "match 3" games, mostly Nibblers. Each level has a different shaped grid filled with various objects from the movie and sometimes obstacles (more known as blockers). The basic move of the game consists of swapping two object's positions to align sets of three of the same object, whereupon they disappear, causing objects above them to collapse into the space left behind, often resulting in chain reactions. Moves and alignments must be horizontal/vertical. The level's objectives must be met before the player runs out of moves. If you match 4 or more items, you bring the three main Angry Birds characters - Red , Chuck, and Bomb - which perform a special ability to help the player complete the level. The objectives are:
- Rescue Ducks: Rescue a determined number of ducks.
- Destroy Objects: Destroy a determined number of objects.
- Defeat Pigs: Defeat all pigs.
- Launch Birds: Launch a determined number of birds.
- Red - Destroys one column or row when selected. Created by matching four pieces in a straight line.
- Chuck - Spreads out in four directions, destroying a row/column in each direction when selected. Created by matching five pieces in a T shape.
- Bomb - Destroys three columns or rows when selected. Created by matching five pieces in a straight line.
- Bad Piggies
- Minion Pig - Basic pig that moves one space every time you make a move. Can be popped by making two matches next to him, launching a bird at him, or by making him fall into water and drown.
- Scuba Pig - Sits in a muddy tile. If you make a match next to him, he'll dive beneath the mud and pop up on a new muddy tile. Can only be popped with a bird.
- Barrel Pig - A Minion Pig using a barrel as armor. Takes five matches to be popped, and can float in water without drowning.
- Dynapig - A Minion Pig that sometimes throws a stick of dynamite after you make a move. The dynamite destroys/damages whatever it hits.
- Glue Pig - A Minion Pig that sometimes shoots a glob of glue after you make a move. The glue turns a normal object into a glue block.
- Diver Pig - Similar to a Scuba Pig, but sits in water tiles instead of muddy tiles.
- Iron Barrel Pig - A Minion Pig using a metal barrel as armor. Takes five matches to be popped. Can be popped with a bird, but instead of passing through him, birds disappear after colliding with him.
- Boomerang Pig - A Minion Pig that sometimes throws a boomerang after you make a move. If any birds are nearby, the boomerang will hit and pop a bird; otherwise, the boomerang won't do anything when thrown.
- Turtle Pig - A Minion Pig that hides himself in a shell, making it harder to defeat him.
- The Blues - Supporting and Unlockable Main Characters
- Hatchlings - Supporting and Unlockable Characters
- Matilda - Supporting Character, seen at the Mystery Chests screen.
- Toy: A standard object that can be destroyed by making matches using three or more of the same kind of toy; making matches of more than three creates one of the three main Angry Birds. Comes in five variants.
- Food: Same as Toys, but only appears in levels where you have to collect a certain amount of food to win. Comes in three variants.
- Duck: An object that must be rescued by moving it to either to the bottom of the board or a Water Tile. Only appears in levels where you have to rescue all the Ducks in the level to win.
- Caged Duck: Same as a Duck, but is stuck in a cage. Can't be rescued until the cage is destroyed either by making a match next to it or by launching a bird at it.
- Treat Box: A gift-wrapped box that acts as an obstacle and contains an extra-fancy cupcake inside, which is collected once the Treat Box is opened. Takes two hits to open. Only appears in levels where you have to open all the Treat Boxes to win.
- Water Tile: A tile filed with water; always appears in large groups which sometimes have currents that move objects around. Birds, Toys, Food, Wooden objects, and Glue objects can float in the water, but most Bad Piggies sink in it.
- Muddy Tile: A tile covered in mud, which can be cleaned by making matches on it. It can have up to three layers of mud on it; each match cleans one layer. Only appears in levels where you have to clean up all the mud in the level to win.
- Mud Block: Acts as an obstacle. Takes one hit to destroy; can be destroyed by making matches next to it or by launching a bird at it. Reveals a Muddy Tile when destroyed. Only appears in levels where you have to clean up all the mud in the level to win.
- Glass Marble: Acts as an obstacle and is affected by gravity. Takes one hit to destroy; can be destroyed by making matches next to it or by launching a bird at it.
- Glass Block: Acts as an obstacle. Takes one hit to destroy; can be destroyed by making matches next to it or by launching a bird at it.
- Glue Block: Acts as an obstacle. Takes one hit to destroy; can only be destroyed by launching a bird at it.
- Glued Toy/Food: A Toy or Food stuck inside a Glue Block. Takes one hit to destroy; can be destroyed by making a match with it or by launching a bird at it.
- Wooden Block: Acts as an obstacle. Takes two hits to destroy; can be destroyed by making matches next to it or by launching birds at it.
- Iron Wooden Block: Same as a Wooden Block, but has a metal frame around it.
- Stone Block: Acts as an obstacle. Takes three hits to destroy; can be destroyed by making matches next to it or by launching birds at it.
- TNT Block: Explodes and destroys/damages everything around it when triggered.
- Mushroom: Acts as an obstacle and spreads to a new tile after you make a move, unless you destroy a Mushroom by either making a match next to it or launching a bird at it.
For this subject's image gallery, see Angry Birds Match/Gallery.