|Angry Birds Match|
Current app icon
|Length (in levels):||500|
|Released:||November 11, 2016 (iOS) (Finland, Australia and Canada; soft-launched)|
March 29, 2017 (Android; soft-launched)
August 31, 2017 (Worldwide)
Angry Birds Match is a match-3 game involving the Hatchlings and characters from Angry Birds Blues, where players match items to accomplish missions on behalf of the Hatchlings, which include gathering food, retrieving stolen toys and defeating pigs.
This game was released soft launched on November 11, 2016 in select countries.
Nine months later after soft-launch release, Angry Birds Match came out in worldwide on August 31st, 2017.
The game is a variation of "match 3" games such as Nibblers, Bejeweled or Candy Crush Saga. Each level has a different shaped grid filled with various objects from the movie and sometimes obstacles (more known as blockers). The basic move of the game consists of swapping two object's positions to align sets of three of the same object, whereupon they disappear, causing objects above them to collapse into the space left behind, often resulting in chain reactions. Moves and alignments must be horizontal/vertical. The level's objectives must be met before the player runs out of moves.If you match 4 or more items, you bring out the Angry Birds characters, which perform a special task to help the player complete the level.
- Red - Destroys one column or row when selected
- Chuck - Spreads out in four directions, destroying a row or column in each direction when selected
- Bomb - Destroys three columns or rows when selected
- Bad Piggies
- Minion Pig - Basic pig that moves one space every time you make a move. Can be popped by making two matches next to him, launching a bird at him, or by making him fall into water and drown.
- Scuba Pig - Sits in a muddy tile. If you make a match next to him, he'll dive beneath the mud and pop up on a new muddy tile. Can only be popped with a bird.
- Barrel Pig - A Minion Pig using a barrel as armor. Takes five matches to be popped.
- Dynapig - A Minion Pig that throws a stick of dynamite after you make a move.
- Glue Pig: A Pig that turns objects into glue blocks.
- Helmet Pig: A Minion Pig using Football Outfit as armor. Takes five matches to be popped.
- Turtle Pig: A Minion Pig Hides himself in a shell, making it harder to defeat him.
- Hatchlings - Supporting Characters
- The Blues - Supporting Characters
Screenshots from the app stores
- The birds and pigs are in their movie sprites throughout the game.