|Angry Birds Star Wars Cinematic Trailer|
|Based on:||Angry Birds Star Wars|
|Release Date:||November 7, 2012|
The video begins at a Tatooine spaceport called "Mos Eisley". A landspeeder rides along the area. The speeder then hits a structure a Pigtrooper rests on. Part of the structure tumbles and a glimpse of two shadows are seen. The shadows of the birds walk into Mos Eisley Cantina. Many creatures are seen in this Cantina, all of them appear to be pig species. The shadows are revealed to belong to Red Skywalker and Obi-Bomb Kenobi. Red stares around this restaurant in awe. As Red follows Obi-Bomb, he is pushed and shoved by pigs, leaving him annoyed. Two pigs (Dr Evazan and Ponda Baba, who has a pickle in his mouth) then follow Red who are noticeably not very fond of him. The pigs are about to hurt Red when a lightsaber sound effect is heard, followed by a lightsaber and a pig squeal. The camera looms over a half bitten pickle, presuming that Ponda was killed. It's revealed that the lightsaber belonged to Obi-Bomb and Ponda wasn't actually killed, his pickle was just cut in half. The scene changes to Obi-Wan and Red asking Chuck Solo and Terebacca to take them to Alderaan to help Princess Stella. Obi-Wan shows Solo a picture of Stella to Solo, and offers a dollar and a coin. Solo thinks hard and looks unsure. Obi-Wan sees this, and throws a button next to the money, to which makes Solo burst into laughter. This makes Obi-Bomb angry, and he becomes angered. Solo continues to laugh until Obi-Bomb unleashes a powerful energy blast, leaving part of the cantina wall and the table gone. Solo then finally agrees, looking frightened at Obi-Bomb. The scene cuts to the broken structure of the Pigtrooper from the beginning of the video as they walk out of the cantina. A Pigtrooper is holding a ladder to the trooper stuck on the structure that's soon to collapse with other Pigtroopers. They notice the birds and a chase ensues after them. A giant slingshot appears as it launches the Millenium Falcon into space, but not before destroying a building. R2-D2 and C-3PO are also revealed to be tagging along as the camera zooms into the cockpit of the spaceship. The birds notice a giant space station: The Death Pig. The video ends as Red, Solo, Terebacca, and Obi-Bomb make enraged faces while R2-D2 wiggles in anger.
Although altered to be kid-friendly and Angry Birds-influenced, there were several differences between the trailer and the film:
- The scene when Obi-Wan uses the Jedi mind trick on the Sandtroopers is omitted in the trailer.
- Similar to LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy, Luke is not very good at driving the landspeeder in the trailer. In LEGO Star Wars, Luke accidentally runs over a Jawa, while in the trailer, Luke nearly knocks over a structure near Mos Eisley Cantina.
- In the Cantina, the three bulbous-headed creatures who are playing music are playing saxophone-like instruments in the film. In the trailer, they are playing keyboards with mouthpieces.
- In the film, Obi-Wan Kenobi convinces Han Solo to give them a ride by prepaying them and promising more money afterwards. In the trailer, Kenobi gives Solo a bill, a coin, and a button to show that he is currently poor. Solo then mocks Kenobi by laughing at him. Kenobi responds by exploding in rage, forcing Solo to comply in fear.
- In the film, Obi-Wan and Luke go to the Millennium Falcon separately from Han and Chewbacca. In the trailer, the four go together as a group.
- In the film, Stormtroopers attack the Falcon as it leaves Mos Eisley. In the trailer, Stormtroopers attack just as Obi-Wan, Luke, Han, and Chewbacca leave Mos Eisley Cantina and follow them to the Falcon.
- The scene when two Star Destroyers chase the Falcon is omitted in the trailer. Instead, they immediately arrive at the Death Star.
- In Angry Birds Star Wars, there actually is a reason Ponda and Evazan dislike Red Skywalker: Red accidentally shoved Ponda into a pickle jar. In Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, Ponda and Evazan dislike Luke for no apparent reason.
- In the film, Obi-Wan Kenobi slices Ponda's arm. While in the Trailer, Obi-Wan slices the pickle in Ponda's mouth.
- This is the first Angry Birds short to have dialogue (but in Finnish because it's made in Finland).
- This was the third Angry Birds short executive produced by Nick Dorra. The first was the Back to School Short Animation, and the second was the Bad Piggies Cinematic Trailer.
- Even though Chuck has a different ablility in the game, he still appears to move quickly than the other birds.
- While Luke is looking around the restaurant, and similar to how a Ice bird appeared in Boba's Delivery, the laser bird from Angry Birds Space appears, however it's hard too tell because Luke is blocking some of his body. Look at image 7.
- If you look closely, in the scene when the birds first meet Han, before it fully closes in, you can see a sign that says: Solo Travel.
- Chuck is voiced by Tom Kenny in this short (according to the credits). Tom Kenny also voiced as SpongeBob SquarePants.
- In the trailer on the Angry Birds Toons menu, Red makes different sound effects.
- The clip in which Bomb is about to blow up and his teeth start to crack is put in the Meet the Flock video for Angry Birds Toons.