|Beta elements||Version history||Credits|
|King Pig has stolen the Eggs, and there's no way to retrieve them, ever!'
This article contains information about an abandoned project.
- "The Force is strong with this one."
- — Tagline
Angry Birds Star Wars II, or Angry Birds Star Wars 2, was a video game that is part of the Angry Birds series. A prequel of Angry Birds Star Wars, it was developed by Rovio Entertainment and LucasArts, and released in late 2013.
The primary feature of Angry Birds Star Wars II is the ability to side with either the Bird or the Pork Side, each with their own sets of playable characters and chapters. The game also features the use of "Telepods", plastic stands that enable players to import special character toys into the game, which the character then be used in-game.
As with all remaining Angry Birds games released before Angry Birds Transformers (aside from Angry Birds Friends), Angry Birds Star Wars II was deleted from the App Store and Google Play Store in 2019. In early 2020, the game was officially discontinued and the servers for Birds Star Wars II, Angry Birds Star Wars and Angry Birds Rio were closed down. However, the game can still be played as normal except from microtransactions and advertisements being disabled. Despite this, the Carbonite Reward and the Rovio Account features which both require an internet connection still work as normal. The latter however closed on March 18, 2022.
Aboard the Pork Federation Spaceship, Qui-Gon Jinn and his apprentice, Obi Wan Kenobi quickly escape to Naboo, where they fight their way through. There, they are outnumbered by a gigantic army of Battle Droids. Fortunately however, Yoda comes in and helps them. Defeating most of the Battle Droids, the trio save Padmé Amidala, Captain Panaka, and Jar Jar Binks, who were captured by the Pork Side. However, they are soon attacked by the remaining Battle Droids and escape.
Meanwhile, onboard the Pork Federation Spaceship, Darth Sidious and Jango Fett notice that the heroes escaped from Naboo, and Sidious sends Jango and some Battle Droids to go after them. The villains manage to damage their ship, which satisfies Sidious. However, he soon after notices that they were sent to Tatooine and that they were still alive. Not very happy with this, he sends Darth Maul, Count Dooku, Jango Fett and some Battle Droids to attack them. Meanwhile, the heroes explore Tatooine to find pieces to repair the ship. They eventually meet Anakin Skywalker, a young mechanic, who is seen repairing his podracer. With the aid of Skywalker, they defeat Sebulba Pig in a race and fix their ship to escape from the planet. However, they are attacked by Darth Maul, though they still manage to escape.
Returning back to Naboo, the heroes prepare to defeat the last hordes of Battle Droids. Meanwhile, Darth Maul witnesses them returning to the planet, and starts to attack the guards with the help of Zam Wesell. While the other heroes successfully manage to destroy the Pork Federation Spaceship and free Naboo from the Pork Federation, Qui-Gon and Kenobi have a fight against Maul on the planet, which costs Qui-Gon's life. Kenobi cries over his ally's death as Maul leaves laughing maniacally.
Many years later, Anakin starts a romantic relationship with Padmé. On Coruscant, Kenobi discovers Zam Wesell and her allies attacking the planet, so he and co. prepare to defeat her. The heroes are also supported by Mace Windu and some Jedi Younglings. After defeating Wesell, Obi Wan sees Jango and Boba Fett escape to Kamino, and tries to fight them. He soon after meets many soldiers who help him. However, he is unaware of the fact that they were actually Stormtroppers in disguise. Despite his best efforts, Kenobi is defeated by the villains and thrown at the waters of Kamino, watching Jango and Boba leave believing that he is dead.
Some time after, Obi Wan reports to Anakin and Padmé that he has followed Jango and Boba to Geonosis, and they meet on the planet, only to be caught by Jango Fett, Nute Gunray, Count Dooku and some Battle Droids. A Republic Gunship then arrives, and a disguised Darth Sidious, Kit Fisto, and some Stormtroppers come to help out. Jango has been killed and Boba holds him while a Homing Spider Droid comes. The heroic group fights and defeats Dooku, who retreats. They return back to Coruscant and oversee the troops of Stormtroopers. Later, Anakin and Obi Wan encounter Dooku again aboard a spaceship. Anakin easily manages to knock down the pig and kill him. Meanwhile, General Grievous goes to Mustafar with a space shuttle.
A while later, Anakin learns about The Egg, a mysterious object whose location is unknown to anyone but Yoda. He desires to know about it. Learning of this fact, Darth Sidious slowly lures the bird into joining the Pork Side. Later, Obi Wan, Padmé, and Windu discover that Sidious and Anakin were planning to kill Obi Wan. Windu tries to kill Anakin, only for him to be killed instead. Anakin then uses a ship to head to Mustafar, abandoning a dumbfounded Obi Wan and a heartbroken Padme. Sidious then orders the Stormtroopers to reveal themselves and kill all the Jedi. The few heroes remaining, including Obi Wan and Padmé, escape to Mustafar, where Obi Wan duels Anakin. Using the high ground to his advantage, Kenobi knocks the red bird into the lava. Later, he and Padmé with two eggs leave the volcanic planet as they watch Anakin's body being burned by the lava.
Some time following these events, Darth Sidious learns about Anakin's defeat, and he and some Shocktroppers go to Mustafar to retrieve Anakin's burned body. They later take him to surgery fitting him with a life-support armor. Deciding to get rid of his past self, Anakin adopts a new identity as Darth Vader.
Some time after, on Lothal, Kanan Jarrus and Hera Syndulla attack Cikatro Vizago, who is talking to Agent Kallus through an hologram about the heroes. Vizago, Kallus and an army of Stormtroopers then attack Kanan and Hera, though Jarrus uses his lightsaber to defend himself and his friend. In response, Kallus sends some AT-DP Pilots to go after them. The villains soon after have a fight against Kanan. Later, an injured Kallus talks to The Inquisitor through an hologram and tasks him with killing Kanan.
In the meantime, in other region of Lothal, Ezra Bridget infiltrates one of the Pork Side's bases and attacks the Stormtroopers there. He soon after gets cornered by the army, until he is later saved by Sabine Wren. They are also aided by Hera Syndulla. The trio later fights against The Inquisitor and defeats him, leaving Lothal afterwards as an enraged Kallus curses at them from behind.
Angry Birds Star Wars II is a puzzle video game with similar gameplay to that from previous Angry Birds games. In the game, the player takes control of a limited group of playable characters, who can be launched anywhere by the use of a slingshot. All levels have a series of enemies the player must take down by the use of their characters. These enemies normally appear sheltered inside of structures made of wood, glass, and/or metal, in addition of some additional objects, such as chains and TNT. If the player fails to kill all the enemies in the levels, they will get a Level Failed screen, encouraging them to try again. If they manage to do so however, they will win and pass to the next level. Upon completing each level, the player will receive one, two, or three stars depending on the score received.
All characters in the game are part of either the Bird or the Pork Side, though they all have similar gameplay styles. In addition, the player may also replace the current character with another one they have in their inventory, granting them more possibilities to beat the levels. However, these additional characters are limited and the player will be unable to use them if they run out of them. To compensate this, the player can be able to spend Credits in the shop to get more characters to play with.
Gimmicks and obstacles
- Red (cameo appearance)
- Naboo Invasion boss
- Qui-Gon Jinn
- Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi Wan Kenobi
- Obi Wan Kenobi (Rise of the Clones)
- Obi Wan Kenobi (Revenge of the Pork)
- Kanan Jarrus
The shop is where the player can buy new characters to use in the levels.
Main Page: Carbonite Reward
Carbonite Reward is an additional mode in which the player can melt some carbonite to save the character inside. This process takes eight hours, though it can be instantaneous with the use of Credits, and requires Wi-Fi connection.
Differences from the movies
- Nute Gunray and Rune Haako were never shown in Naboo Invasion, even though they appeared in the movie.
- Palpatine and Maul never appeared as holograms in The Phantom Menace.
- Jinn and Obi Wan never met with Yoda, nor did Yoda helped them defeat Battle Droids; rather, Yoda is in the Jedi Council with other Jedi.
- Captain Panaka and Padme were not in trouble with the Battle Droids; Qui-Gon and Obi Wan saved only Jar Jar from the Battle Droids. There was not a sequential chapter where Kenobi, Jinn and Jar Jar went to the underwater city of Naboo (although it is a map in bonus levels).
- The Pork Side stories are mixed and start in the storyline of Attack of the Clones.
- Jango Fett, Count Dooku, and Zam Wesell were never in The Phantom Menace.
- It is unknown why Jango was the first playable pig in the storyline of episode "Naboo Invasion."
- Dooku did not join the Dark Side until after the death of Darth Maul in the original movie. Similarly, Maul never actually dies in the game, simply leaving after killing Jinn, never to be seen again.
- The Jedi Council was never shown in the game until Rise of the Clones. However, only Yoda, Mace Windu, Ki-Adi Mundi, and Plo Koon were shown.
- Qui-Gon, Kenobi, Padme, Jar Jar, and Panaka never ran into Maul and Dooku after Anakin won the podrace.
- There is no cutscene where Maul fell into the hole or him battling the heartbroken Obi Wan. Darth Maul was never cut in half by Kenobi, probably to make the game more kid-friendly. Darth Maul was never defeated in the game, but he does not appear in future levels.
- Qui-Gon and Count Dooku never were stunned by a lightsaber. Rovio probably made it "stun" for the game to be more kid-friendly.
- Captain Typho did not appear in Rise of the Clones and Revenge of the Pork. Instead, Captain Panaka took the role of Typho.
- Dooku never fought in the outer parts of Geonosis
- Clone Troopers are Stormtroopers. However, in the movie, they have different designs.
- The seperatist council (except for the trade federation) is entirely absent
- The sequence before the Battle of Genosis and the Arena Battle is omitted.
- Lama Su and Taun We are completely absent from the game
- Boba Fett is shown in-armor in this game despite not donning armor until after Jango's death
- The clones never assist Kenobi in persuing Jango and Boba
- There is not a cutscene where Anakin Episode I works for Darth Maul. Also, Maul does not give Anakin some jobs in this game, but he does so in The Phantom Menace.
- The Battle of Genosis is the only Clone Wars battle to be shown.
- A majority of Order 66 is cut from the game in order to make the game more kid friendly
- Between the Invisible Hand and the Mustafar battle, the Battle of Kashyyk, and other sequences in Revenge of the Sith, are omitted.
- General Grievous never goes to Mustafar in Revenge of the Sith.
- The Pork Side section of Rebels starts in the episode "Droids in Distress", unlike the Bird Side that starts in "Spark of Rebellion".
- Clone Troopers were seen shooting blue blaster bolts when in the movie and the shows, but in this game, the bolts were red.
|Angry Birds Star Wars II Free||Only available for Android. A free version of Angry Birds Star Wars II with ads, it has the same levels as the paid version. Because the license expired, Angry Birds Star Wars II Free was removed from Google Play with the paid version. This version never released on iOS unlike all other free versions which were ether the full game but with ads on Android or an unique free version on iOS.|
|Angry Birds Star Wars II Arcade||It was a promotion for the Angry Birds Star Wars II game and Telepods, and released in late 2013. It was removed from the Hasbro Arcade app before it was discontinued.|
|Angry Birds Star Wars II for Windows Phone||An Xbox-supported Windows Phone port of Angry Birds Star Wars II.|
- This was the first and, so far, only Angry Birds game that allows pigs to directly combat birds, as, in the original Angry Birds, they fought eggs in the bonus King Pig levels, and in Bad Piggies, they were forced to defend from and evade the birds.
- In the game, the Battle Droids were yellow, but their Telepod figure was white.
- On the PC version, every star would give 10 credits when earned for the first time and 5 when earned subsequent times. This is likely to compensate the lack of microtransactions on the PC version
- This was the only Angry Birds game on PC to feature power-ups.
- AMslimfordy (July 15, 2013). Angry Birds Star Wars II Coming September 19th. AngryBirdsNest. Retrieved on July 16, 2021.
- Nelson, Robert (July 15, 2013). Angry Birds Star Wars II coming in September with Telepods support. Android Community. Retrieved on July 16, 2021.
- Angry Birds Star Wars Character Encyclopedia
|Major titles||Core series: * (2009) • (2015)|
Side series: * (2010) • * (2011) • (2012) • * (2012) • * (2012) • * (2013) • * (2013) • * (2014) • (2014) • (2015) • * (2015) • * (2016) • (2016) • * (2016) • * (2016) • * (2016) • * (2017) • (2017) • (2017) • * (2017) • * (2018) • (2019) • (2019) • * (2019) • * (2020) • * (2020) • (2021) • (2022)
|Free Versions||* (2010) • Angry Birds Lite Beta* (2010) • * (2011) • * (2011) • * (2011) • Angry Birds Mult Trial* (2011) • * (2011) • * (2012) • * (2012) • * (2012) • Angry Birds Star Wars II Free* (2013)|
|HD Versions||Angry Birds HD* (2010) • Angry Birds Seasons HD* (2010) • Angry Birds HD Free* (2011) • Angry Birds Seasons HD Free* (2011) • Angry Birds Rio HD* (2011) • Angry Birds Rio HD Free* (2011) • Angry Birds Space HD* (2012) • Angry Birds Space HD Free* (2012) • Bad Piggies HD (2012) • Angry Birds Star Wars HD* (2012) • Angry Birds Star Wars HD Free* (2012) • Bad Piggies HD Free* (2012)|
|Chinese Versions||* • * (2014) * (2015) • (2017) • (2019) • Angry Birds (Tencent QQ)|
|Web Games||* (2011) • Angry Birds Google+* (2011) • * (2011) • Angry Birds Opera* (2011) • * (2011) • Angry Birds Winter Wonderland* (2011) • Angry Birds Social* (2011) • * (2011) • Angry Birds Facebook/Meta (2012) • * (2012) • * (2012) • * (2012) • * (2012) • Angry Birds Telepizza* (2012) • * (2012) • Angry Birds Heikki* • * (2012) • Angry Birds Philadelphia Eagles* (2012) • * (2012) • Bad Piggies Build* (2012) • Angry Birds Star Wars Facebook* (2012) • Angry Birds Tazos* (2013) • Angry Birds Cheetos 2* (2013) • (2013) • Angry Birds Skills* (2014) • Angry Birds Starburst (2016) • Angry Birds Hot Wheels Smashup* (2017, Unreleased game) • Angry Birds Radox (Venatus Angry Birds) (2017) • (2021) • (2022)|
|Console Games||(2012) • (2013) • (2019)|
|Joke Games||(2015) • (2017) • (2018) • (2022)|
|Arcade Games||Angry Birds Arcade (2016) • Angry Birds Stomper Redemption* (2020) • Angry Birds Whacker* (2020) • Angry Birds Coin Crash (2021) • Angry Birds Smash (2021)|
|Miscellaneous||Angry Birds PlayStation Portable version* (2010) • Angry Birds Mult* (2011) • Angry Birds Friends mobile version (2013) • Angry Birds Star Wars II Arcade* (2013) • Angry Birds Go! Countdown* (2013) • * (2014) • Angry Birds VR* (2014) • Angry Birds for Kakao* (2015) • Angry Birds Space VR* (2016) • (2016) • Angry Birds Space Assault!* (Unknown, Unreleased game) • Angry Birds Heroes* (2017, Unreleased game) • (2017) • Angry Birds Go! 2* (Unknown, Unreleased game) • Angry Birds Champions (2018) • Angry Birds for Facebook Messenger (2018) • Angry Birds: Flip the Bird (2018) • Angry Birds Bounce (2018) • (2019) • Angry Birds Friends Windows 10 version (2019) • (2019) • (2020)|
|Upcoming games||(Unknown) • (Unknown) • (Unknown) • Angry Birds Next (Unknown) • Angry Birds Crazy Golf (Unknown)|