|Angry Birds Star Wars II|
|Length (in levels):||Length unconfirmed|
|Released:||September 18, 2013 (mobile), October 24, 2013 (PC)|
|Platforms:||Android, iOS, Windows Phone 8, PC, Mac|
|Ratings:||ESRB: Rating Pending|
Angry Birds Star Wars II is a sequel to Angry Birds Star Wars, focusing on the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy (The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith). It is the sixth installment of the Angry Birds series and the third to be a crossover, after Rio and Star Wars.
The primary feature of Star Wars II is the ability to side with either the Republic (Bird Side, ) or the Dark Side (Pork Side, ), each with their own sets of playable characters and chapters. The game also features the use of "Telepods", plastic stands that enable players to import special character toys into the game, which the character then be used in-game.
After the Walt Disney Company has onwed 20th Century Fox and Lucasflim the game has been discontinued along with Angry Birds Rio and Angry Birds Star Wars, but the game is still playable and still downloable on play store.
Just like its predecessor, it's a slingshot game, however, the slingshot is always a lightsaber and the game takes place before the first one, so the birds are different. The physics are also changed a bit.There are 20 levels for each story episode and side until Revenge of the Pork or the bonus levels. Which instead of a normal selection menu, it's set on a map.
The strength and weaknesses stay the same, though there are new objects to help with this, for exemple, booma catapults, crystals, etc. The player can start an episode with a bird or a pig, which the not chosen one will be locked until the player get a determined number of stars in the levels.
Instead of eggs replacing the pigs when playing as them, the birds will be the villains (and therefore the targets, according to their side of the story). Just like the first game, there are bosses and they have the following categories:
- Character: A character or more is the main boss of the level, he or they take some hits to defeat.
- Race: The birds need to follow a pig to defeat him in a vehicle, it consists in throwing other vehicles into the boss to take down its vehicle.
- Target: Exclusive to the pigs in Rise Of The Clones, Boba Fett will pilot the Slave 1 and will shoot three lasers into birds that are exposed to its aim.
The points that the characters make will also go to its level, which if complete, it will be unlocked as a level in the Reward Chapter, a level that only the character will appear to defeat the enemies. The player can also buy some to help with the level, they are stated below.
See here for more info on characters and powers.
- Male Matilda as Qui-Gon Jinn
- Bomb as Obi-Wan Kenobi
- New Bird (Owl) as Yoda
- DroidMatilda as C-3PO (Gold, Silver)
- Egg as R2-D2
- New Bird as Jar Jar Binks
- Red as Anakin Skywalker (Podracer, Jedi Padawan)
- Stella as Padmé Amidala
- Chuck (and Bomb) as Captain Panaka
- Bomb (colored brown) as Mace Windu
- The Blues as Jedi Younglings
- New Bird as Kit Fisto
- New Bird as Wicket (Ewok Bird)
- Pig as Jango Fett
- Corporal Pig as General Grievous
- Red as Anakin Skywalker (Sith Apprentice)
- Red (and Minion Pig)as Darth Vader
- King Pig as Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine
- Minion Pig as Battle Droids (Normal)
- Pig as Droidekas
- Pig as Darth Maul
- Foreman Pig as Count Dooku
- Female Pig as Zam Wesell
- Pig as Boba Fett
- Pig as Shocktrooper
From the first game
- Red as Luke Skywalker (Jedi, Endor, Pilot)
- Stella as Princess Leia
- Chuck as Han Solo (Original, Carbonite)
- Chuck (colored brown) as Lando Calrissian
- Terence as Chewbacca
- Pig as Stormtroopers
- Red as Darth Vader
- New Bird (Owl) as Yoda
- King Pig as Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine
- Pig as Boba Fett
- Pig as TIE Fighter Pilots
- Pig as Scout Troopers
- Red (colored white) as Naboo Royal Security Officers (Yellow/Red/Captain)
- New Bird as Jawa
- New Bird as Gungan
- Male Matilda as Qui-Gon-Jinn (enemy)
- Bomb as Obi-Wan-Kenobi (enemy)
- New Bird as Neimoidian
- New Pig as Battle Droids
- New Pig as Tusken Raider
- Pig as Sebulba
- Pig as Nute Gunray
- Pig as Rune Haako
- Pig as Droid Starfighter
- Female Pig as Zam Wesell (enemy)
- Pig as Clone Trooper
- Pig as Super Battle Droids
- Pig as Geonosian
- Pig as Jango Fett (enemy)
- Foreman Pig as Homing Spider Droids
- Foreman Pig as Count Dooku (enemy)
- Pig as Watto (name in the shop)
- New Bird as Boss Nass
- New Bird as Ki-Adi-Mundi
- New Bird as Plo Koon
Star Wars Rebels
- Red as Ezra Bridger
- Chuck as Kanan Jarrus
- Stella (colored yellow) as Sabine Wren
- Bomb (colored purple) as Garazeb "Zeb" Orrelios
- Willow (colored green) as Hera Syndulla
- Egg as C1-10P (Chopper)
- King Pig as Inquisitor
- Pig as Cikatro Vizago
- 'Young' Corporal Pig as Agent Kallus
- Pig as Imperial Officers
- Pig as AT-DP Pilots
- Pig as Vizago Droids
Angry Birds Star Wars II has more than 150 levels now. In each episode, there are two sides: Bird Side () and Pork Side (). In the first episode, you have to play as bird side () before pork (). But the other ones, you can choose a side to play and collect more enough stars for each episode to play another side.
There are twenty-two levels on each side of each episode, not counting Revenge of the Pork (16) and Rebels (12). In the pause menu, the level codes are B (Bird Side, ) or P (Pork Side, ) following with episode number-level number in this episode such as:
- B1-1 means level 1 in the Bird Side () of the first episode.
- P2-12 means level 12 in the Pork Side () of the second episode.
These are the episodes in the game so far.
|#||Episode||Bird Side location ()||Pork Side location ()|
|1||Naboo Invasion||Naboo|| Space Ship (P1-1 to P1-11)
Outer Space (P1-12 to P1-20)
|2||Escape to Tatooine||Tatooine|
|3||Battle of Naboo|| Naboo
Outer Space (B3-20)
Naboo Castle (P3-20)
|4||Rise of the Clones||Coruscant||Kamino|
|5||Revenge of the Pork||Geonosis||Mustafar|
|R||Reward Chapter||Otoh Gunga City|
|M||Master Your Destiny||
- Bomb and Chuck are colored brown to show that the actors in real life are African-American. The same thing goes to Lando Calrissian from the first game.
- Currently, this is the first and only Angry Birds game that allows Pigs to directly combat Birds, as, in the original Angry Birds, they fought eggs in the bonus King Pig levels, and in Bad Piggies, they were forced to defend from and evade the Birds.
- Rune Haako is the pilot of the Federation's ship but in the movie it is Daultay Dofine.
- This is the first Angry Birds game to not use the original character's designs as a base to make the new characters. For example, Red looks exactly the same in the original, Rio, and Seasons, and in Space, he just gets a mask. However, in this game, his design is completely different, in fact, he seems to use his Toons sprite, along with the Jedi Younglings and the Emperor. Bomb is also displayed with a different design on his beak, also similar to Toons.
- In the game, the Battle Droids are Green-Yellow, but its telepod figure is white.
- In the game, Chewbacca's belt is on the right, but its telepod figure belt is on the left.
- This is the first game that Red is not the first playable Bird. Instead, Matilda is, and Red is fifth to appear.
- As in the previous game, enemy pigs (or birds) can be killed by tapping them on the level selection screen.
- According to the back of the Telepods box, it said that you can unlock 2 characters in the app.
- This game has DK readers books based on the story of the game.
- The Red Battle Pig's power is the same as Lando Bird in the first game.
- Telepods cannot be used in the PC version and credits cannot be purchased. Instead, the player gets credits for starting each level. Lando Bird and the Rebel Birds are the only birds in Angry Birds Star Wars to not reappear in its sequel. But Lando Bird is replaced by red battle droids in V.1.1.0. and the Rebel Birds briefly appear in a Telepods Trailer.
- It is quite curious that one can play as characters from the original Star Wars trilogy, such as Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, and Darth Vader as this interferes with continuity in the storyline (for example, Luke wasn't born until Episode 3. Darth Vader is playable in Episode 1's levels before Anakin becomes a Sith.)
- The playable Battle Pig is completely golden, but the non-playable version has some part showing the skin, the snout, and ears.
- There were 32 characters in v1.0.2 but in v1.7.1 now there are 56 characters with 12 added characters in the latest update.
- Nute Gunray does not appear on Mustafar.
- This and the original Angry Birds Star Wars are the only two games where the title splash precedes the Rovio logo. They are also the only two games to have skippable logos.
- This is the second game not to feature Bubbles, and the third one not to feature Hal.
Differences From the Movie
- Nute Gunray and Rune Haako were never shown in the "Naboo Invasion" invasion, even though they appeared in the movie.
- Palpatine and Maul never appeared as holograms in the first "Naboo Invasion" cutscene.
- Jinn and Obi-Wan never met with Yoda, nor did Yoda helped them defeat battle droids, rather Yoda is in the Jedi Council with other Jedi.
- Captain Panaka and Padme were not in trouble with the Pig Tank, only Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan saved Jar Jar from the Pig Tank. There wasn't a sequential chapter where Kenobi, Jinn and Jar Jar went to the underwater city of Naboo.
- The Pork Side stories are mixed and start in the storyline of "Attack of the Clones."
- Jango Fett, Count Dooku, and Zam Wesell were never in "The Phantom Menace."
- It is unknown why Jango was the first playable pig in the storyline of episode "Naboo Invasion."
- Dooku didn't join the Dark Side until after the death of Darth Maul. Similarly, even though Dooku was once a Jedi, he is portrayed as a pig instead of a bird.
- The Jedi Council was never shown in the game, until "Rise of the Clones". However, only Yoda, Mace Windu, Ki-Adi Mundi, and Plo Koon were shown.
- Qui-Gon, Kenobi, Padme, Jar Jar, and Panaka never ran into Maul and Dooku after Anakin won the podrace.
- There is no cutscene where Maul fell into the hole or him battling the heartbroken Obi-Wan. Darth Maul was never cut in half by Kenobi, probably to make the game more kid-friendly. Darth Maul was never defeated in the game, but he doesn't appear in future levels.
- Qui-Gon and Count Dooku never were stunned by a lightsaber. Rovio probably made it "stun" for the game to be more kid-friendly.
- Captain Typho did not appear in Rise of the Clones and Revenge of the Pork. Instead, Captain Panaka took the role of Typho.
- Clone Troopers are Stormtroopers. However, in the movie, they have different designs.
- The sequence before the Battle of Genosis and the Arena Battle is omitted.
- There is not a cutscene where Anakin Skywalker of Episode I works for Darth Maul. Also, Maul does not give Anakin some jobs in this game, but he does so in Episode I.
- The Battle of Genosis is the only Clone Wars battle to be shown.
- Between the Invisible Hand and the Mustafar battle, the Battle of Kashyyk, and other sequences in Revenge of the Sith, are omitted.
- The Pork Side section of Rebels starts in the episode "Droids in Distress, unlike the Bird Side that starts in "Spark of Rebellion".
- Clone Troopers were seen shooting red blaster bolts when in the movie and the shows, but here the bolts were blue.
- ↑ ♙http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/angry-birds-star-wars-ii-coming-sept-19/
- ↑ http://androidcommunity.com/angry-birds-star-wars-ii-coming-in-september-with-telepods-support-20130715/