|Main Page||Gallery||Version History||Unused Content|
|King Pig has stolen the Eggs, and there's no way to retrieve them, ever!'
This article contains information about an abandoned project.
Final App Icon
|Release Date||September 4, 2014|
|Platforms||Android (4.0 and up)|
iOS (6.0 or later)
iPad (iPad 2 and later)
iPod 5th Generation
iPhone (iPhone 4 and later)
Windows Phone 8
|Age Rating||ESRB: Everyone|
|Current Version||Discontinued as of v1.1.5|
It begins with Stella taking a vacation on Golden Island to visit four best friends, Poppy, Luca, Willow, and Dahlia. However, Gale and an army of pigs steal Stella's photo album, which leads Stella and her friends to embark on a journey to retrieve it.
- 1 History
- 2 Gameplay
- 3 Scrapbook
- 4 Episodes / Chapters
- 5 Achievements
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Soundtrack
- 8 Unused Content
- 9 Reception
- 10 Videos
- 11 Trivia
- 12 Angry Birds Stella in other media
- 13 Angry Birds Stella POP!
- 14 External Links
On December 30, 2013, the first teaser image was shown in Rovio's "New Tricks" video.
Angry Birds Stella was announced on February 12, 2014. Rovio posted a picture with silhouettes of some new characters. The next day, it published new pictures, and announcements, which it became clear that this will be a new game with new characters.
On February 14, 2014, the developers announced the Telepods for Angry Birds Stella.
Developers released concepts of the new birds and their homes. The cinematic trailer was released on July 24, 2014. Also, the demo version of the game was presented at the international festival of San Diego Comic-Con International. They released videos to meet the characters in August 2014 and the gameplay teaser was released on August 28, 2014.
The v1.1.1 update called ''New Pigs on the Block'' added the storyline that features Stella and her friends in their treehouse looking for their house's missing items that were stolen by the pigs along with the golden queen Gale and must complete levels to retrieve the items.
On Tuesday October 18, 2016, the game was closed and removed from the app store. If you try to download the app by jailbreaking on iOS, installing it by the APK file on Android or you still have it on your device, you will get a notification and will redirect you to either Angry Birds 2 and Angry Birds POP!. However, the game still continues to function normally. You will unable to sync from Facebook if you have reinstalled the app by this means, making it impossible to retrieve the save game data because your Rovio account is not available and you will lose your progress when the app is uninstalled.
As the game was discontinued, there are some sprites found in the game files never made into the game and left behind.
Just like the original game of the series, players use a slingshot to shoot an assortment of birds to nearby structures, with an intent to kill all the green pigs that can be either near, in, or on the structures. The bird's abilities allow you to tap and hold for a certain amount of time. You can bounce off large drums and still use the birds' abilities afterward.
The total number of stars you have collected in the game is shown in the top right corner. Earning stars is important as the extra birds in your line-up are unlocked when you achieve a certain number. Without these extra birds, you do not get 10,000 point bonuses.
The Hammer is the only power-up. It is unlocked on Level 13. Press it at anything or any enemy to destroy the item/enemy. After using it takes a certain amount of pigs for it to recharge or you can spend coins and use them immediately.
There is a mini-game in the credits menu where you keep the pigs up in the air. A video is shown below.
On the Mighty Eagle's eye icon, you need to scan a code from the Angry Birds Stella magazine that’s only available in the UK. You’ll unlock a game of Hide-and-Seek (on page 2), you must find Stella's friends by scanning different flowers on each page.
This list is incomplete. You can help Angry Birds Wiki by expanding it, then removing this template.
The bonus levels were added in the v1.1.1 update. The main feature is the possibility of the player to choose a bird of the three prepositions. Like Angry Birds Epic after passing a level necessary to turn the roulette wheel, where you can win coins and Lost & Found items. The number of prizes is equal to the number of stars () earned in a level. Also for getting stars on the bonus levels and items can earn experience points (XP). To achieve a certain level of experience opens up new Lost & Found items, pigs and boxes. You must unlock after you complete Level 18 of Branch Out, complete the tutorial levels of Luca, Willow, and Dahlia to play areas on the map.
|Icon||Challenge Name||Reward (with coins)||Image|
|A box of fireworks|
|Valentine's Day chocolate box|
|A box with slingshots, leagues, and trophies|
|Minion Pig holding a bubble-wand|
|A box with characters and the Golden Pig Machine|
|A box with characters (in costumes)|
|A barrel full of characters|
Lost and Found
The inventory consists of a large number of Lost & Found items belonging to Stella, Poppy, Luca, Dahlia, and Willow. The inventory has become available in the game not once, but only after one of the updates. According to the cutscenes, the pigs entered the treehouse and stole all of their belongings. To get them, you need to pass one of the bonus levels. Once you beat the level, the player will be offered to scroll the wheel with prizes, which are often exposed to the inventory items.
If a player is lucky and got the item from your inventory, the game automatically runs a small scene. You can see how many items you found. Then can happen two options will be offered to the player to find the same thing, but a newer and quality (can be repeated up to five times), or as the player gets a bonus. Each found item significantly add points to the player's level of experience. More points can be obtained by finding the number of similar items and improving the existing maximum. Lost & Found items can be viewed by clicking on the button with the image of Luca's Toy Robot in the lower right corner.
Main Article: Album
The scrapbook allows you to access the characters, costumes, and boxes you have unlocked.
At the very beginning of the game, it shows that the scrapbook with photos are stolen by Gale together with the pigs from Stella's treehouse, and then it was dropped from the airship on one of the flowers. You must get the scrapbook at Level 5.
For costumes, they are unlocked by obtaining Stars, or by scanning the appropriate Telepod.
|Pink Flash||She can ricochet off all materials only twice. The second time is stronger than the first.|
|Tornado Dive||Unlocked after Level 12 of Branch Out. She goes wild and spins straight down through most types of blocks, but better through wood and glass.|
|Soundwave Shock||Unlocked after Level 23 of Branch Out. His sonic blast shatters glass and goes through wood effectively. It doesn’t travel through stone.|
|Vortex Spin||Unlocked after Level 34 of Branch Out. As you tap and hold she pivots and upon release she saws through wood and glass like a knife through butter, but they will alter her trajectory.|
|Science-Fu||Unlocked after Level 47 of Branch Out. This is a neat ability, but also tricky to master at first. The key here is to remember that she will teleport in the direction she is headed. Tap and hold and then release when she’s where you want her.|
|Paints selected area with golden flower dust and swipes through it||Gale can only be used with the Character-Swap function. When used, you will be prompt to drag your finger from a certain point to another with a limited distance while your cursor acts as a paintbrush covered with gold. After you let your finger go, the line joining the two points will be covered in gold. Then, Gale will appear from the far from starting point and fly through the line, destroying and pushing everything in the way, not a pig.|
|Pigs||Unlocks at||Scrapbook Description|
|N/A||Oinks, but with style, serves as a boss in the Golden Flower and Golden Pearl level.|
|Goes "BOOM!" when popped.|
|Hovers in the air.|
|Makes all blocks and pigs ignore gravity.|
|Causes earthquakes whenever he lands.|
|Square and tougher. Won't roll either.|
|Swaps places with other pigs when in danger.|
|Hovers and will spiral down and explode when defeated.|
|Comes back as a zombie pig when popped.|
|Transforms all regular pigs into muscle pigs.|
|Brings back any popped pigs as zombie pigs.|
Episodes / Chapters
There are only two episodes (chapters) in the game.
For this game achievements, see Angry Birds Stella/Achievements.
For this subject's image gallery, see Angry Birds Stella/Gallery.
For this game soundtrack, see Angry Birds Stella/Soundtrack.
For this game unused content, see Angry Birds Stella/Unused Content.
The game has received generally mixed reviews with a Metacritic score of 67/100 based on 8 reviews. Pocket Gamer UK said, "It's Angry Birds. If you care about that any more then you'll probably find something to enjoy. Just watch out for the timers." Some reviewers have praised the game for its introduction of new characters and return to the original style of gameplay.
- The following reasons why Angry Birds Stella is a unique game.
- In the in-game files, the game stated the name "Purple" and "PURPLE_BIRD" on multiple occasions, possibly referring to Gale.
- Most of the bird's abilities are similar to those from previous games.
- Stella's ability is similar to Red's ability from Red's Mighty Feathers and Lazer Bird's ability.
- Poppy's is similar to Matilda and Tony's.
- Willow's is similar to Hal, Yoda, Droideka and Kit Fisto's.
- Dahlia's is similar to Bomb's.
- Gale's is similar to Mighty Eagle's.
- This game used to have a Facebook glitch. You didn't have to connect Facebook to play the game or you couldn't play the game anymore. You had to uninstall the game and reinstall it. It makes you lose all progress because Rovio Account is not available in this game.
- Some of Lost & Found items have references:
- You can see Red (Fish Hook) and King Pig (Green Gem) as Luca's toys, inside a car, referencing to Angry Birds Go!.
- The old loading screen of Angry Birds can be seen as a logo on the Game Console, near the television.
- The unused posters are referencing to:
- Red's poster - Michael Jackson's Thriller
- The Blues' poster - One Direction
- Chuck's poster - Bruno Mars
- Matilda's poster - Daft Punk
- Bomb's poster - The Notorious Big
Angry Birds Stella in other media
Rovio announced an animated series based on the game, with the first episode released on November 1, 2014, on Toons.TV, named Angry Birds Stella. The first episode was "A Fork in the Friendship", that shows how Gale, Stella's former best friend and queen of the pigs on Golden Island, separated from Stella and her other friends. The series ran for two seasons, ending before the release of The Angry Birds Movie.
Books and comics
- A comic book series based off the game was published exclusively in mainland Europe by Le Lombard in 2015, first in French, before being available in Czech, Dutch, Spanish, and German. Two volumes were released in 2015 and 2017 thus far, first in France. An English-language version is yet to be available.
- Egmont UK published Angry Birds Stella Diaries, which provide further details into some of the characters' personalities.
- Stella: Nana and the Magic English Words is a manga series, written by Hiyoko Hatano. It was released in October 2014 in Japan in the magazine Nakayoshi (for girls).
- Angry Birds Stella Super Interactive Annual 2015 is a book about the characters of Angry Birds Stella. Published by Pedigree Books, this book features an Augmented Reality (AR) experience by scanning an indicated Zappar icon on a page using the free AR Zappar mobile app.
- The front cover of Angry Birds Comics Quarterly, Vol 2: Monsters and Mistletoe marks the first appearance of any of Stella's friends in an English-language Angry Birds comic book, as it shows Willow and Stella meeting Chuck, although Willow herself does not appear in any of the four stories in that issue.
- Gale appears in one strip of GoComics' The Angry Birds Movie comic strip run, which ran for over a year between 2017 and 2018. She entices Red to take an exercise class with her against his wishes.
Stella and most of her friends appear in both Angry Birds film adaptations (The Angry Birds Movie and The Angry Birds Movie 2) with fully visible wings and talons and are mostly given minor, silent roles. As both films show that Stella's friends all lived in Bird Island in the first place and that Gale was always a benevolent friend, they effectively retcon out the spin-off's setting and plot.
- Willow, voiced by Charli XCX, sings the song "Explode" while performing with Stella and most of her friends as part of a welcome celebration for the pigs in The Angry Birds Movie. The full song is available on the film's soundtrack and was also released online as a free YouTube video by the soundtrack's distributor, Atlantic Records.
Angry Birds Stella POP!
Main Article: Angry Birds POP!
A game from Stella series that was originally called Angry Birds Stella POP!, which is a bubble shooter game, was soft-launched for iOS in Canada on December 22, 2014, and released worldwide for iOS and Android on March 12, 2015.
On July 6, 2015 (v1.8.0 update), the game changed its name from Angry Birds Stella POP! to Angry Birds POP!.
|Protagonists||• • • • • •|
|Antagonists||• • • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Materials and Objects||• • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Miscellaneous||• • New Pigs on the Block • Lost and Found Items • Cutscenes • • •|
|Further Info||Achievements • Comic-Con Trailer • Gallery (Textures & Sprites) • Glitches • Original Soundtrack • Unused Content • Version History|
|Other Media||Comic Series • Angry Birds Stella Diaries • Stella: Nana and the Magic English Words • Stella Super Interactive Annual 2015 •|