The Bad Piggies (also known as Pigs or Green Pigs) are the main antagonists of the Angry Birds series and the main protagonists of the 2012 spin-off game with the same name, the rivals of The Flock, who plan on stealing their three unhatched eggs, desiring to cook them and feed them to their king. In order to prevent the Birds from taking back their eggs, the King Pig commands his army of pigs to construct many buildings and structures to keep the birds from reaching him.
All of the pigs are light green in color and come in several variations. First, there is the basic Minion Pig that comes in three sizes, small, medium, and large. There is a militaristic pig that wears a helmet, referred to as Corporal Pig, the second in command pig with a mustache called the Foreman Pig, and finally, the final boss, the King Pig.
Starting from the fourth episode, The Big Setup, the pigs will begin to wear different hats and/or accessories, including hard hats, pumpkin hats, pumpkins, ghost sheets, winter gear, Christmas hats, cowboy hats, sombreros, and bows. Despite these hats being placed on the pigs, the pigs still remain the same species, as they can be hit without the hat being destroyed, or vice versa.
Every pig knocked down in the game awards 5,000 points, but slightly more if the accessory it is wearing is also destroyed in the process if any is present.
On September 4, 2012, Rovio launched a new game featuring the pigs.
As stated by Rovio, the pigs have very little intelligence, easily mistaking a bubble for an egg . The pigs usually are focused on the topic of food and eating. However, their building skills show improvement as the game progresses, suggesting the topic of survival of the fittest applies to the pigs.
- Small Pig - Basic Pig
- Medium Pig - Basic Pig
- Large Pig - Basic Pig
- Corporal Pig - Basic Pig (wearing a helmet)
- Foreman Pig - Mustached Pig
- King Pig - The King
- King Mudbeard - King Pig's Father
- Fat Pig - Basic Pig
- Scarecrow Pig - Speciality Pig
- Zombie Pig - Speciality Pig
- Werepig - Speciality Pig
- Grouchy Pig - Speciality Pig
- Boss Pigs - Speciality Pigs
- Handsome Pig - Basic Pig (wearing a wig)
- Epic Sax Pig - Basic Pig (wearing an outfit resembling Epic Sax Guy and a wig, Toons only)
Species in crossover titles
- Pigtrooper - Speciality Pig
- Tusken Rakder Pig - Basic Pig
- Imperial Officer Pig - Basic Pig
- TIE-Fighter Pig - Speciality Pig
- Grand Moff Tarkin (Moustache Pig) - Basic Pig
- Lard Vader - Speciality Pig, which later revealed to be a Bird
King Pig Level species
- Medium Pig: Does a battle cry (Takes the role of Red, the Red Bird)
- Small Pigs (3): Splits into three (Takes the role of Jay, Jake, and Jim, the Blue Birds)
- Jetpack Pig: Speeds up (Takes the role of Chuck, the Yellow Bird)
- Helmet Pig: Explodes (Takes the role of Bomb, the Black Bird)
- Bowling Ball Pig: Drops an exploding bowling ball (Takes the role of Matilda, the White Bird)
- Boomerang Pig: Boomerangs back (Takes the role of Hal, the Green Bird)
- Globe Pig: Inflates (Takes the role of Bubbles, the Orange Bird)
- Female Pig: Makes soap bubbles (Takes the role of Stella, the Pink Bird)
- Fat Pig: Heaviness (Takes the role of Terence, the Big Brother Bird)
Ultrabook Adventure species
- Intel Small Pig
- Intel Medium Pig
- Intel Large Pig
- Intel Helmet Pig
- Intel Mustache Pig
- Intel King Pig
Angry Birds Evolution Pigs
- Main article: Angry Birds Evolution/Pigs
- Interestingly, there are pig hoofprints on the ground during the cutscenes and the cinematic trailer when the pigs steal the eggs , even though they have no hooves, let alone any legs. Very rarely, but not in the game, players can see a Pig hand, hanging in mid-air. They can see it in the cinematic trailer when King Pig holds knives and forks in the air imagining himself having the eggs.
- The design for the pigs changes in the Google Chrome version of Angry Birds.
- Male pigs are very fond of females as seen in the Angry Birds Bing Episode 4  and other occasions.
- In Angry Birds Space, they show more complex emotions and expressions. For example, if a Bird is about to hit a pig, it will have a scared expression. If the bird fails to defeat it, the pig will sigh in relief or giggle. If the bird successfully defeats it, the pig will be heard grunting or squealing. Furthermore, the pigs will snore and pretend to fall asleep in an attempt to taunt the player.
- In the World and Level selection screens in Angry Birds Space, pigs inside bubbles can be tapped, which pops the bubble, freezing the pig, causing it to explode. This has no particular benefit, but rather, is meant to provide comic relief.
- Angry Birds Space is the first mobile app version of Angry Birds in which the Pigs are given the Google Chrome Design, instead of the normal design shown in mobile versions of Angry Birds Games.
- The Pigs appear to be scared of Terence shown in some video animations.
- In Angry Birds Toons, many of the pigs' snorts were provided by an ACTUAL pig.
- According to Rovio, the real reason why all of the villains of this game are portrayed as pigs is that while the game was still in development, several reports concerning the outbreak of the swine flu epidemic started to show up in various news media. Hence, they ended up making the villains pigs. The swine flu is also the reason why Rovio decided to make the pigs green, since the first signs of the flu were green spots all over the bodies of real-life pigs. 
- The Angry Birds Seasons episode Go Green, Get Lucky is the first episode that uses the Google Chrome Designs of the Pigs in cutscenes, including King Pig.
- Corporal Pig is the only pig who's plush is shown to be hurt and to have no ears. However, in areas such as Korea, there is an official Corporal Pig plush that still has one crack but he doesn't appear to be injured. It can also be seen in some pictures.
- In Angry Birds Seasons, the old pig designs still appear.
- The way the pigs love to eat is a reference to real-life pigs, which are shown to eat anything.
- The pigs love to eat Tofu Hot-Dogs, ham, sausage and other types of fake meat.
- It seems that older and bigger pigs have spots, in contrast, Minion Pigs have none (But very rarely).
|Angry Birds||· · · · · · ·|
|Angry Birds Seasons|
|Angry Birds Rio|
|Angry Birds Friends|
|Angry Birds Space|
|Angry Birds Star Wars & II|
|Angry Birds Epic|
|Angry Birds Transformers|
|Angry Birds Stella|
|Angry Birds Fight!|