|Title card (Click to zoom)|
|Air Date||January 19th, 2014|
|Written by||Glenn Dakin|
|Directed by||Thomas Lepeska and Carl Upsdell|
|Hambo||Piggies from the Deep|
Bird Flu is the forty-fifth episode of Angry Birds Toons.
This episode was aired on January 19th, 2014.
The title is a reference to a disease called Swine influenza, a broad group of viruses such as H5N1 responsible for influenza outbreaks that can affect pigs, birds, and humans, which is referenced in this episode.
The birds are all sick with the flu! It's a great chance for the pigs to grab the eggs if they can make it out without getting sick themselves!
- Jay, Jake, and Jim
- King Pig
- Corporal Pig
- Minion Pigs
- The Eggs
- Artist Pig (not be confused with Artist Pig from Angry Birds Stella Toons).
Matilda was taking care of the Eggs when suddenly the Blues fell from a nearby tree. They looked very ill with red spots all over their bodies. She screamed as Red came by to check on her. Suddenly, Matilda and Red became infected.
Meanwhile, King Pig was seen outside looking through his telescope, until he saw the Eggs and the sneezing Red on guard. He became surprised and sent Corporal Pig and a few Minion Pigs to steal the Eggs. When the Pigs arrived near the eggs, one Minion Pig was out trying to snatch the eggs. Red spotted the Pig and tried to launch an attack, but sneezed and got tired in the process, causing him to lay on the ground. Corporal Pig finally grabbed the eggs and returned to Pig City. Back to Matilda and the Blues, she was making an antidote for the flu to recover herself and the Blues together. They came back to the eggs until they realized the Pigs stole them due to Red's sickness and defeat. Matilda began to get angry at the pigs because of the flu (a thunderstorm appeared in the background), and then the Birds went to Pig City.
Meanwhile, in Pig City, King Pig was waiting for Corporal Pig and his henchmen to arrive. Although they did return, they appeared to have caught the flu. All the Pigs gasped naturally except King Pig who wanted to continue the celebration. He snatched the Eggs and got ready to eat them. As King Pig was about to eat scrambled eggs, all the Pigs got the flu of the same kind. Suddenly, the Birds, in hazmat suits, arrived. Red rushed out to save the Eggs and succeeded in doing so barely. As the Birds left the castle, Jim blew a raspberry at King Pig before leaving. In the end, King Pig also caught the flu.
- The title card's background is similar to an earlier episode, The Bird That Cried Pig, but it is reversed.
- In this episode, Corporal Pig says "C'mon!"
- This the first and only time when the birds and pigs are sick.
- This is the fourth time minion pigs sounded the trumpet. The first was in Pig Talent, the second was in Piggy Wig and the third was in Pig Plot Potion.
- In this episode, Matilda says "Bye-bye!" or "Tay-Tay!"
- King Pig and Corporal Pig said "Go to Ai-Nah!", in different scenes.
- After the scene of Corporal Pig stealing the eggs, you can see a Minion Pig (second to right) with the bird flu already, although this might be an error or the pig got the bird flu from Red.
- This is the first of the two Season 1 episodes to be animated by Atomic Cartoons (as credited) and not Toon City.
- This is the third time King Pig is seen without his crown. The first was in Where's My Crown? and the second was in Trojan Egg.
- This was #1 on Top 20 Angry Birds Toons Fan Favorites.
- The sound of the scene where sick Red tries to attack a Minion Pig is reused in the Angry Birds 2 Cinematic Trailer.
- This is one of the times where the pigs get really close to succeeding.
- In a scene where Corporal Pig infected by the flu tramples on a Minion Pig, he exclaims in pain "Ouuy".
- After the Corporal Pig crashes into the castle, his helmet has spots too.
- This episode dates in 2013 with the credits instead of 2014 again.