Bird Flu is the forty-fifth episode of Angry Birds Toons.
This episode was aired on January 19th, 2014.
The title is a reference to a disease called Swine influenza, a broad group of viruses such as H5N1 responsible for influenza outbreaks that can affect pigs, birds, and humans, which is referenced in this episode.
The birds are all sick with the flu! It's a great chance for the pigs to grab the eggs if they can make it out without getting sick themselves!
- The Blues
- King Pig
- Corporal Pig
- Minion Pigs
- The Eggs
- Artist Pig (not be confused with Artist Pig from Angry Birds Stella Toons).
Matilda is taking care of the Eggs when suddenly Jay, Jake, and Jim fall from a nearby tree. They looked very ill with red spots all over their bodies. She screams as Red comes by to check on her. Matilda quicky takes the Blues for an emergency aid, but ends up getting infected, as well as Red.
Meanwhile, King Pig is seen outside looking through his telescope, until he sees the Eggs and the sneezing Red on guard. He becomes surprised and sents Corporal Pig and a few Minion Pigs to steal the Eggs. When the Pigs arrived near the eggs, one Minion Pig was out trying to snatch the eggs. Red spots the Pig and tries to launch an attack, but sneezes and gets tired in the process, causing him to lay on the ground. Corporal Pig finally grabs the Eggs and returns to Pig City. Back to Matilda and the Blues, she was making an antidote for the flu to recover herself and the Blues together. They come back to the Eggs until they realize the Pigs stole them due to Red's sickness and defeat.
Meanwhile, in Pig City, King Pig was waiting for Corporal Pig and his henchmen to arrive. Although they did return, they appear to have caught the flu, and they faint. All the Pigs gasp naturally except King Pig who wanted to continue the celebration. He snatches the Eggs and get ready to eat them. As King Pig was about to eat, all the Pigs get the flu of the same kind, in which King Pig ignores. Suddenly, the Birds, in hazmat suits, arrive. Red rushes out to save the Eggs and succeeds in doing so barely. As the Birds leave the castle, Jim blows a raspberry at King Pig before leaving. In the end, King Pig also catches the flu.
As the credits roll, King Pig can be heard sneezing as a result of the flu, but also laughs in the process.
- The title card's background is similar to an earlier episode, The Bird That Cried Pig, but it is reversed.
- In this episode, Corporal Pig says "C'mon!"
- This the first and only time when the birds and pigs are sick.
- This is the fourth time minion pigs sounded the trumpet. The first was in Pig Talent, the second was in Piggy Wig and the third was in Pig Plot Potion.
- In this episode, Matilda says "Bye-bye!" or "Tay-Tay!"
- King Pig and Corporal Pig said "Go to Ai-Nah!", in different scenes.
- After the scene of Corporal Pig stealing the eggs, you can see a Minion Pig (second to right) with the bird flu already, although this might be an error or the pig got the bird flu from Red.
- This is the first of the two Season 1 episodes to be animated by Atomic Cartoons (as credited) and not Toon City.
- This is the third time King Pig is seen without his crown. The first was in Where's My Crown? and the second was in Trojan Egg.
- This was #1 on Top 20 Angry Birds Toons Fan Favorites.
- The sound of the scene where sick Red tries to attack a Minion Pig is reused in the Angry Birds 2 Cinematic Trailer.
- This is one of the times where the pigs get really close to succeeding.
- In a scene where Corporal Pig infected by the flu tramples on a Minion Pig, he exclaims in pain "Ouuy".
- The animation where Red faints is identical to the one in El Porkador!
- After the Corporal Pig crashes into the castle, his helmet has spots too.
- This episode dates in 2013 with the credits instead of 2014 again.
Template:List of Angry Birds Toons Episodes