|Main page||Gallery||History and appearances|
- "I'm not smiling! It's an anger frown, it's an anger face!""
- — Bubbles, The Angry Birds Movie - Hal and Bubbles short
Bubbles appears as a small round spot-breasted oriole with a large yellow beak. His black feathers on top of his head have different sizes. The first feather is short while the other is large and his stomach is black. He also has two large, maroon eyebrows that are comparable to those of Bomb and Chuck.
However, in Angry Birds Toons, he looks mostly the same but with white eye pupils on his eyes.
In The Angry Birds Movie, Bubbles appears as an orange anthropomorphic Oriole in an identical appearance as his game counterpart. His black feathers on top of his head have been enlarged. He has black feet as well as black feathers on his back. His eyes are lime instead of black.
However, his prototype design had him colored in a darker orange with green spots. The spot on his bottom was light yellow rather than black. It's also noticeable that he has less childish expressions, which is what leads to speculate that he was intended to be older than his final version.
Bubbles has shown very different personalities and has conflicted with the timeline multiple times. He was shown to be very immature and fearless and had a great love of candy. In the Ham'o'ween Short Movie, Bubbles was unintentionally taken by Minion Pigs due to him hiding in a candy bin in an attempt to get some. It is also implied that Bubbles is fearless due to him facing off against vampires, werewolves, and zombies. In Angry Birds Transformers, the bio for Blaster says that Bubbles' love of candy extends to all things sweet revealing more of his personality besides his love of candy.
This personality has been shown in the Angry Birds Toons, where he only appears in Halloween based episodes.
However, The Angry Birds Movie shows a much different version of him. Instead of being found by the Blues, In fact, he is much older than his personality from the games, as he meets The Blues before they are even hatched. He is close friends with Hal, and the two of them work for Matilda at her anger management classes. This version of Bubbles is very wild, being very reckless and at times uncontrollable. He has a strong desire to be an "angry bird", but fails to do so, due to being too optimistic.
Powers and abilities
Bubbles is known for inflating like a balloon. However, unlike Bomb, his expansion doesn't displace all the objects within its blast radius. Rather, it forcefully expels the objects closest to him. Objects that are slightly hit at the extent of the inflation will barely move and may even stay in place. This makes him most effective when he lands right next to the desired target, as he is effective at shoving large structures. When Bubbles expands within an enclosed space or crevice smaller than himself, he will quickly push himself outward until intersession.
- Main article: Atomic Bird
By passing through an extraterrestrial wormhole of some kind, Bubbles can turn into Atomic Bird. In this state, he wears a belt with an Eggsteroid symbol, but his power remains the same though it's a little weaker. This transformation only appeared in Angry Birds Space.
- Main article: Jazz
By being exposed to the radiation of an extraterrestrial device, Bubbles can turn into Jazz. In this state, he gains a robotic look with a helmet. As an Autobird, he can change his form to turn into a Porsche or a person. He can shoot a rocket that's stronger than Bumblebee's that can destroy obstacles. This transformation has only appeared in Angry Birds Transformers.
- Angry Birds
- Ethan "Mighty" Eagle
- Judge Peckinpah
- The Smurfs
- Papa Smurf
- Hefty Smurf
- Brainy Smurf
- Duolingo Owl
- Gargamel and Azreal
- Piggy kingdom
- Bubbles and Hal are the only birds to first appear kidnapped by the pigs.
- Along with Stella, Bubbles is one of the only two birds that were first introduced into the Flock during an Angry Birds Seasons episode.
- Bubbles' sprite sheets are separate from the other birds' sprites, which are all contained on one page.
- Bubbles was the first and only bird to be released in an update for Angry Birds Space.
- Bubbles, Silver, and Hal are the only three birds that do not have a Star Wars counterpart.
- Angry Birds Friends used to state Bubbles as "Orange". This has since been fixed in updates.
- Bubbles' favorite holiday is Halloween, which we can see in most media like games (such as Seasons and Blast) and in the cartoon Angry Birds Toons.
- If Bubbles is inflated, he is the largest bird in the flock, not counting the Mighty Eagle. He is even larger than Terence.
- Bubbles' ability is similar to a male Frigatebird inflating his red gular bag.
- Bubbles and Silver are confirmed to be almost of the same age and seem to be in a romantic relationship with one another. They have spoofed the British prince and princess 2018 marriage in an Angry Birds Blast offer image.
- In Angry Birds 2, it is possible for Bubbles to "deflate" in a way. This can happen if he is inflated, and goes through a portal in any Bamboo forest level. In this state, he does not make any sound upon vanishing.
- Also in Angry Birds 2, if he is inflated, his physics will go from rigid-body to soft-body. This is because Unity (the engine that the game uses) supports soft-body physics in addition to rigid-body physics (and Box2D can only handle rigid-body physics).
- The beta version of Bubbles uses Hal's sound effects.
|Birds and Allies|
|• • • • • Obama Bird|
|Playable characters||• • ( • ) • () • • • • • () •|
|Non-playable characters||• • • • • Sonam Kapoor Bird • Matt Damon Bird • • • VIXX • • • • • • • • •|
|Enemies (Accessorized Pigs)||( • • • ) • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Materials and Objects||• • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Power-Ups||• • • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Other||Tournaments • Events • Star Cup • Bird-O-Matic • Ports (Mobile Port • Windows 10 Port) • Achievements • • • Angry Birds Shop • Gallery • Glitches • Unused Content • Version History • Angry Birds: Hatching a Universe|
|Main article | Gallery | Beta elements | Version history | Achievements | Credits | Glitches | Pre-releases (Countdown) | Re-releases (Create, Turbo Edition)|
|Playable characters||Red | Bomb | Stella | Bubbles | Matilda | Foreman Pig | King Pig | The Blues | Terence | Hal | Corporal Pig | Chuck | Ayrton Senna* | Chronicler Pig*** | Ice Bird***|
|Non-playable characters||Chronicler Pig* | Mechanic Pig* | Minion Pigs|
|Tracks||Seedway | Sub Zero | Air | Rocky Road | Stunt | Weekly Tournament | Jenga|
|Vehicles||Air Guita | Arctic Roller | Barbequick | Barrel Roller | Beach Buggy | Big Boomer | Big Burner | Blue Cornet | Capster | Cool Runner | Cork Wagon | Drum Roller | Ham Glider | Hog Rod | Iron Belt | Matchstick Mobile | Music Maker | Phoenix Star | Pinky Tonk | Point Breaker | Punch Box | Rocket Racer | Royal Snout | Semi-Skinner | Shred Sled | Snow Scoop | Sponge Cruiser | Strike Out | Sty GT | Tar Barreller | Tracked Trekker | Trash Thrasher | Tub Thumper | Woodwind|
|Items||Bird Coins | Blueprint** | Booster (Boost*, Kart Repair*, King Sling, Target Kart*) | Gems | Ticket** | Toolbox**|
|Gimmicks and obstacles||Glass | Stone | TNT | Wood|
|Music||Albums||Angry Birds Go (Original Game Soundtrack)|
|Other||Earth (Piggy Island) | Level Failed | Star | Telepods | Rovio Account | Cancelled sequel|
|*Appears in the 1.0.0 version only|
**Appears in the 2.0.0 version only
|Non-playable characters||Hatchlings | Mighty Eagle | Postman Pig|
|Enemies||Minion Pigs (Special pigs)|
|Bosses||Chef Pig | Foreman Pig | King Pig | Zeta|
|World Map locations||Cobalt Plateaus | Pig City | Bamboo Forest|
|Items||Eggs | Gems | Lives | Apple | Slingshot | Spell (Blizzard, Chili, Golden Duck, Mighty Eagle, Pig Inflator, Sponsored Spells)|
|Gimmicks and obstacles||Score Multiplier Rank | Bumper | Balloon | Glass | Lava | Rocket | Stone | TNT | Water | Wood|
|Activities||Daily Challenge | Clans | The Nest | Mighty Eagle's Bootcamp | The Arena | Rowdy Rumble!|
|Albums||Angry Birds 2 (Original Game Soundtrack)|
|Other||Angry Birds 2 Creators | Earth (Piggy Island (Bamboo Forest, Cobalt Plateaus, Pig City)) | Star | Level Failed | Gallery | Beta elements | Credits | Glitches | Chapters|