Catch of the Day is the twenty-eighth episode of Angry Birds Toons.
This episode was aired on September 22, 2013.
Corporal Pig has gone fishing for eggs! From his boat he attaches a sink plunger to a fishing line and sends it toward the island where the eggs are. But he doesn't know that the Blues are also there with lots of ideas of what to put in the plunger.
At the beach, there was a ship with Corporal Pig and the Minion Pigs. They planned to steal The Eggs one by one with the use of a plunger gun, where Jay, Jake, and Jim were watching them while doing their things. The pigs prepared and started to fire the plunger, but it doesn’t attach to the eggs. When the Minion Pig reeled back in the plunger, nothing came up.
Mad that the Minion Pig could not aim properly, Corporal Pig took the plunger and fired it away, this time landing on the target. However, the Blues were prepared and this time, one of them moved the nest out on time. Now catching onto what was happening, the Blues decided to play a prank. They attached an orange rock and tugged on the rope. Happy he got an egg, he reeled back fast. Of course, it flung the rock right into his head. As the Minion pigs laughed at his demise, Corporal Pig fired off the plunger, allowing the Blues to play pranks on him by attaching random objects onto the plunger.
Eventually, after throwing the vase to the back, he heard it shattered. Turning around to see that he had failed many times and that the two Minion Pigs were using whatever he collected for their own fun, Corporal Pig, decided enough was enough and took out a giant plunger. He fired it but it flew over the eggs.
Once he got what he thought was an egg, Corporal Pig decided to reel it in. The Blues were then surprised to see what he stuck. Meanwhile, Corporal Pig tried reeling the "egg" in but the reel machine broke so he went to the engine and started it up. As he drove the boat, he turned to see in horror that he actually caught Terence. The big bird then smashed the dock, taking the Minion Pigs with him and caused the boat to sink.
Reaching the boat's bow, Corporal Pig tried to inflate his lifesaver but it appeared that it was too late, as Terence floated back up with his helmet.
In the credits, however, it is revealed that Corporal Pig managed to survive in time.
- The back of Corporal Pig's boat says Porka. This is a reference to the movie Jaws; the protagonist's boat in the movie says "Orca".
- The Blues' theme song is different compared to the episode True Blue, and the theme song of this episode is likely similar to Double Take.
- The vase from the Ming dynasty that the Blues put on the plunger had a depiction of the Mighty Dragon on it.
- This is the first episode written by Les Spink.
- Terence is noticeably bigger than in most episodes.
- The fish when the Minion Pigs take a break is reused from Hog Roast.
- The destroyed vehicle seen in the episode bears a great resemblance to the Volkswagen Beetle.
- A full list of what Corporal Pig caught with the plunger:
- A toy ball.
- A tree stump.
- A chair.
- A lamp.
- A washing machine.
- A bicycle.
- A broken-down Volkswagen Beetle.
- A double bass.
- A Chinese vase from the Ming dynasty.
- REDIRECT Template:EpisodesNav