|Main page||Gallery||History and appearances|
- "I've got places to go! Birds to meet! Let's see if we can't speed things up a little bit!"
- — Chuck, Angry Birds: Flight School #2
The earliest known appearance of Chuck had him as a yellow-colored, triangular-shaped bird with two feathers on his head and two large eyes with black pupils. He was soon after redesigned to have smaller eyes with red eyebrows floating on them, four black, spiky feathers on head, and three of said feathers on his back as his tail. He also has white feathers on his belly. In Angry Birds Toons, this design was slightly modified to have him with a somewhat different beak.
In The Angry Birds Movie, Chuck was given an anthropomorphic design. He is now shaped somewhat like a banana, and has three longer feathers on his crest instead of the shorter four he used to have. His tail feathers are much longer as well. In addition, Chuck has green pupils instead of the traditional black. Future releases would occasionally switch between Chuck's new body and his old one.
In Angry Birds Dream Blast, Chuck was redesigned once again to resemble a hatchling. While he keeps his triangular body from earlier games, he has wider eyes with the green pupils from the films. The feathers on his head and tail are as short as in the games, and end with a circular tip instead of a point one, similar to his earliest design.
Chuck is a very goofy, hyperactive bird. He is constantly fueled with energy and seems as if he always needs to be doing something. He can never stop moving, both in his mind and in the body. He tends to be clueless and ignorant at times, and this often will get in the way in dire situations.
Chuck is always up to his latest mischief and he can be rude to the other birds. This causes him to get into trouble with the other birds especially Matilda.
Chuck is skilled in fighting and martial arts. Whenever he practices martial arts, he dons his red headband, though his fighting practices can often lead to catastrophe around him.
Chuck also manages to get very distracted and at times cannot focus on the task handed to him due to things that catch his mind, like a wandering butterfly or even a mirror. This vulnerable part of him is what allows the Bad Piggies to get close to the eggs when he is on watch duty.
Despite all this, Chuck is as invested in protecting the eggs as the other birds are. He is extremely loyal and values the other members of his flock, though he can be easily intimidated when the other birds outdo him in something, which has happened with Jay, Jake, and Jim (Full Metal Chuck), Bomb (The Bird that Cried Pig), and Terence (Run Chuck Run).
Powers and abilities
Chuck is notable for his incredible speed. Having been called "the fastest bird in the world", he can use his speed to perform incredible tricks, such as stopping time, boosting in the air, and producing shock waves that can pop nearby balloons. In addition, he is so quick that, to the naked eye, it looks like he is teleporting whenever he is running. He is also capable of dodging and reacting to lightning.[note 3] While his top speed is unknown, he has managed to go from the Cobalt Plateaus to Pig City and retrieve the eggs when they were about to be put on a hot cauldron and return to the plateaus with them, all of it within seconds. Chuck also has sharp reflexes that let him react quickly to almost anything.
To a lesser extent, Chuck is also known for being an experienced wizard and an expert in alchemy. He can summon clouds that can charge lightnings, acid rains, and healing rains, which makes him able to attack a wide range of enemies at the same time or, in the case of the healing rains, cure his allies and remove their negative effects. In addition, he can summon a group of lightning spheres that can protect his target ally, and create a copy of one of his allies that will attack an enemy before disappearing.
Chuck is also an expert at driving karts. With his sharp reflexes, he can drive incredibly fast karts with ease, having driven through tight, sharp curves without losing his speed at all. He is also an expert at building and fixing them, having rebuilt a kart of his from scratch in a few seconds.
- Main article: Lazer Bird
By passing through an extraterrestrial wormhole of some kind, Chuck can turn into Lazer Bird. Most of his abilities remain the same. This transformation first appeared in Angry Birds Space.
- Main article: Rocket Bird
By riding on a rocket, Chuck can turn into Rocket Bird. His ability using this transformation is to spin around while flying and he will fly very fast to the direction that his firework is pointing at. This transformation only appeared in Angry Birds Rio.
- "You're absolutely gonna love her... But don't love her too much! That's my sister, right? Or I'll break every bone in your body."
- — Chuck talking about Silver to Red, The Angry Birds Movie 2
Silver is Chuck's sister. At a young age, Chuck thought that Silver was "weird", but was surprised for her incredible intelligence and achievements. Currently, he respects and appreciates her. Notably, Chuck has been overprotective of Silver, having threatened Red to not be too close of her or otherwise he was going to "break every bone in his body", and constantly reminding him that she "was his sister". However, there are moments where Chuck and Silver have a tense rivalry, which has led them fighting and losing a race.
- Angry Birds
- Ice Bird
- Mighty Dragon
- Mighty Eagle
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- The Girl
- The Girl's Mother
- Chuck's Mom (mother)
- Dr. Eggman
- Piggy kingdom
- "Hi, yo! Chuck's the name, speed's the game!"
- — Chuck, The Angry Birds Movie 2
- Ayrton Senna is the sixth bird to be based on a real person, the first three being the Developer Birds (based on Peter Vesterbacka, Jaako Iisalo, and Serdar Soganci), Freddie Mercury is the fourth, Slash being the fifth, Shakira being the sixth, Theo Walcott being the seventh, Cebk Tosun being the eighth and Gylfi Sigurdsson being the ninth.
- Senna is also the second bird to have his character modeled on Chuck, the first being Freddie Mercury. They are also the only birds made in tribute to deceased people (Freddie died in 1991 and Senna died in 1994).
- The reason why you have to win 41 races as Senna to get his helmet is that this is the same number of victories the real Ayrton Senna had during his Formula One career.
- Chuck's select voice is actually one of the grumbling sounds for one of the extra birds. This is notable with Hal, as his original select and launch voice are also grumbling sounds ( although it was changed since the Ham o' ween update ).
- When he turns into a corpse, Chuck rolls like a ball, even though his body is a cone.
- In the early cutscenes before the Birdday update from Angry Birds, Chuck was the same size as the Blues along with having a similar design to Red but was later on changed to his normal appearance.
- Chuck has astraphobia, a great fear of thunder and lightning, as shown in Thunder Chuck.
- As revealed in the Angry Birds 2 website, Chuck can run up to 100 mph, and sometimes so fast that time slows around him, as seen in the Angry Birds Toons first episode "Chuck Time" , and The Angry Birds Movie.
- In The Angry Birds Movie, Chuck is shown to be left-handed. This can be proven by various things he does with his left hand such as painting with it, raising it, and more. This can also be proven in the AMC promotion and the Regal Crown Club promotion, where he holds the cards and other items with his left hand.
- Chuck and Matilda are the only birds of The Flock not to be circular, as Chuck is a Triangle and Matilda is an egg-shaped.
- Despite being afraid of Terence, which is shown in Angry Birds Toons, Chuck is shown to be on neutral terms with him in the movie.
- Could perform this ability in Sonic Dash.
- In a voiceover of the Angry Birds Toons episode "Run Chuck Run", Chuck's voice actor Antti LJ Pääkkönen referred to him as Charles "Chuck" Chucks. The canoncity of this name is unknown.
Angry Birds (January 21, 2021). Angry Birds Funny Voiceovers | Run Chuck Run with Antti LJ!. YouTube. Retrieved on September 5, 2021. “Antti LJ: [...] The front runner is considered to be Charles 'Chuck' Chucks to the third [...]”
- Thunder Chuck
- Terry, Baker (October 3, 2020). "Flock Face Off - Part 1". Angry Birds on The Run. Season 2. Episode 14.
- Angry Birds: Flight School #1, "You Got It Backwards"
- Angry Birds (December 11, 2013). Angry Birds Go! Cinematic Trailer. YouTube. Retrieved on August 28, 2021.
- Terry, Baker (November 17, 2018). "On The Other Side". Angry Birds on The Run. Season 1. Episode 1.
- Preddy, Richard (February 22, 2015). "Slow The Chuck Down!". Angry Birds Toons. Season 2. Episode 19.
- Nugem, Jordan (January 30, 2021). "Bird Racers!". Angry Birds Bubble Trouble. Season 1. Episode 8.
|Birds and Allies|
|• • • •|
|The Angry Birds Movie Characters|
|Playable characters||• • ( • ) • () • • • • • () •|
|Non-playable characters||• • • • • Sonam Kapoor Bird • Matt Damon Bird • • • VIXX • • • • • • • •|
|Enemies (Accessorized Pigs)||( • • • ) • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Materials and Objects||• • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Power-Ups||• • • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Other||Tournaments • Events • Star Cup • Bird-O-Matic • Ports (Mobile Port • Windows 10 Port) • Achievements • • • Angry Birds Shop • Gallery • Glitches • Unused Content • Version History • Angry Birds: Hatching a Universe|
|Terms||Loot · Equipment · Magic Anvil · Magic Cauldron · Golden Pig Machine|
|Locations||South Beach · Cobalt Plateaus · Golden Fields · Limestone Lagoon · Southern Sea · Desert Island · Pirate Coast · Slingshot Woods · Great Cliffs · Star Reef · Banjo Bayou · Bamboo Forest · Canyon Land · Snowy Peak · Islands in the Sky · Pumpkin Plateau · Square Forest · Red Giant Valley · Eastern Sea · Moorlands · Lake Land · Northern Sea · Old Nesting Barrows · Pig City · Hog Head Mountain · Chronicle Cave|
|Stats||Birds · Pigs (Piggy Island) · Pigs (Chronicle Cave) · Pigs (Events)|
|Protagonists||Red (Super Red • Christmas Red • Phantom Bird) • The Blues • Chuck • Matilda • Stella • Bomb • Terence • Hatchlings (Samantha • Vincent • Zoe) • Silver • Piggy McCool • Zeta • Shakira • Dahlia • Luca • Gale • Willow • Poppy • Critters (Bee)|
|Antagonists||King Pig (Former: Gale) • Minion Pigs • Zeta (Former) • Pilot Pig • Billy The Piglet • Mad Hog Mccree • Hams Grubber • Captain Cold Cut • The Jester • Oink the Odious|
|Blockers and Materials||Slingshot • Bubble • Glass • Wood • Stone • Blitzfruit • Smoke Cloud • Splash Fruit • Fruit Bomb • Honeycomb • Lava Bubble • Ash Bubble • Bubble Pod • Picker Pod • Boomshroom • Spores • Pop Fruit • Power Flower • Sandstorm • Spike • Splash Flower • Drums • Fizz Fruit • Spin Fruit|
|Blockers||Bird Boost (Power Pop • Science Pop • Splash Pop • Line Pop • Rock Pop • Triple Threat • Color Pop • Love Pop • Blast Pop • Sonic Pop • Splash Pop • Prize Pop • Royal Pop • Smash Pop • Plunder Pop • Star Pop • Freeze Pop) • Rainbow Bubble• Mighty Eye Sight • Fireball • Crusher • Instant Bird Boost • Color Crush • Mystery Boost|
|Other||Achievements • The Sequel • Gold • Stars • Golden Feathers • Gallery • Glitches • Unused Content • Version History • Level Failed|
|Playable characters||Red · The Blues · Chuck · Matilda · Bomb · Terence|
|Enemies||Minion Pigs (Small Pig · Medium Pig · Large Pig) · Corporal Pig · Foreman Pig · King Pig|
|Materials and Objects||Slingshot · Eggs · Glass · Wood · Stone · TNT|
|Other||Stars · Gallery · Glitches · Unused Content · Level Failed|
|Key||* - Exclusive to Angry Birds Breakfast 3|
|Main article | Gallery | Beta elements | Version history | Achievements | Credits | Glitches | Pre-releases (Countdown) | Re-releases (Create, Turbo Edition)|
|Playable characters||Red | Bomb | Stella | Bubbles | Matilda | Foreman Pig | King Pig | The Blues | Terence | Hal | Corporal Pig | Chuck | Ayrton Senna* | Chronicler Pig*** | Ice Bird***|
|Non-playable characters||Chronicler Pig* | Mechanic Pig* | Minion Pigs|
|Tracks||Seedway | Sub Zero | Air | Rocky Road | Stunt | Weekly Tournament | Jenga|
|Vehicles||Air Guita | Arctic Roller | Barbequick | Barrel Roller | Beach Buggy | Big Boomer | Big Burner | Blue Cornet | Capster | Cool Runner | Cork Wagon | Drum Roller | Ham Glider | Hog Rod | Iron Belt | Matchstick Mobile | Music Maker | Phoenix Star | Pinky Tonk | Point Breaker | Punch Box | Rocket Racer | Royal Snout | Semi-Skinner | Shred Sled | Snow Scoop | Sponge Cruiser | Strike Out | Sty GT | Tar Barreller | Tracked Trekker | Trash Thrasher | Tub Thumper | Woodwind|
|Items||Bird Coins | Blueprint** | Booster (Boost*, Kart Repair*, King Sling, Target Kart*) | Gems | Ticket** | Toolbox**|
|Gimmicks and obstacles||Glass | Stone | TNT | Wood|
|Music||Albums||Angry Birds Go (Original Game Soundtrack)|
|Other||Earth (Piggy Island) | Level Failed | Star | Telepods | Rovio Account | Cancelled sequel|
|*Appears in the 1.0.0 version only|
**Appears in the 2.0.0 version only
|Playable characters||Angry Birds (The Blues, Bomb, Bubbles, Chuck, Hal, Matilda, Red, Silver, Stella, Terence) | Leonard|
|Non-playable characters||Hatchlings | Mighty Eagle | Postman Pig|
|Enemies||Minion Pigs (Special pigs)|
|Bosses||Chef Pig | Foreman Pig | King Pig | Zeta|
|World Map locations||Cobalt Plateaus | Pig City | Bamboo Forest|
|Items||Eggs | Gems | Lives | Apple | Slingshot | Spell (Blizzard, Chili, Golden Duck, Mighty Eagle, Pig Inflator, Sponsored Spells)|
|Gimmicks and obstacles||Score Multiplier Rank | Bumper | Balloon | Glass | Lava | Rocket | Stone | TNT | Water | Wood|
|Activities||Daily Challenge | Clans | The Nest | Mighty Eagle's Bootcamp | The Arena | Rowdy Rumble!|
|Albums||Angry Birds 2 (Original Game Soundtrack)|
|Other||Angry Birds 2 Creators | Earth (Piggy Island (Bamboo Forest, Cobalt Plateaus, Pig City)) | Star | Level Failed | Gallery | Beta elements | Credits | Glitches | Chapters|