Cordon Bleugh! is the seventh episode of Angry Birds Toons.
This episode was aired on April 28, 2013.
This episode is a pun of on a food, "Cordon Bleu".
Will any of the birds pluck up the courage to tell Matilda what they really think of her culinary skills?
The episode begins with Matilda stirring her disgusting meal and getting it ready to be served. Near the eggs, two Minion Pigs and Corporal Pig were climbing up the cliff to kidnap them. Meanwhile, Red, Chuck, and Jay, Jake, and Jim were ready to eat their meal. First, Matilda served Red the stew, who was enthusiastic about his meal and proceeded to have a few mouthful of it. He was briefly satisfied but then with a disgusted look, burped out a toxic gas, killing an unfortunate fly.
The other birds, shocked with what they saw, and now became incredibly tense while waiting for their meal. Chuck was served next, and he panicked when Matilda poured the stew into his bowl. He smelt it, and gave a begging look at Matilda. However, she did not understand what Chuck meant, simply smiling and headed back to the cauldron. Chuck swiftly rushed out of the table with the bowl, and poured the stew into a nearby tree. This caused the tree to immediately die and turn grey. A Minion Pig managed to come up to the edge, and was about to steal the eggs, but the dead tree fell on him and knocked him down the cliff, resulting in both the tree and him to be at the bottom. This made both remaining pigs motivated.
Finally, Jay, Jake, and Jim had a bowl of stew for all of them as Matilda poured it in, and pushed it to Jay. They all look disgusted and with each of them passing the bowl to each other in desperation until it ended back with Jay. He looked briefly annoyed before coming up with a plan; slingshotting the bowl away from the area with the slingshot. The bowl hit a pile of rocks, causing a chain reaction before launching a rock off a see-saw looking rock formation. The rock ended up smashing the next minion pig who managed to get near the eggs before rolling down the cliff with him. Finally Corporal Pig had a look of determination, and hurriedly goes up the cliff edge.
When Matilda realized that the Blues had no bowl, she briefly looked suspicious before passing another one over to them. However, they shook their heads and Jay pushed it back. She looked confused and then looked at Chuck, who tried to look innocent but then showed his true feelings about the meal. Finally, Matilda looked at Red with an upset face and he pushed back his bowl too. This caused Matilda to become extremely upset, as her beak twitched, causing her to get very ferocious, which was only made worse with the sudden storm clouds. She glared at the Blues for not wanting to eat what she served. This made the rest of all the birds get so frightened, that they ended up running away from the area.
However, she then became sad that no one wanted to eat what she served so dejected, she pushed the rest of her stew down the cliff. At this point, Corporal Pig has reached the eggs, but quickly backed away as he saw the cauldron and then hid on the edge hanging onto his plunger. Matilda poured the stew down onto him, causing him to slip, and fall to the bottom. When she saw what happened, she was briefly enraged to see the pigs trying to steal the eggs. However, she was soon pleased with the pigs for happily eating her stew, since she knew that there was someone who did like what she made. She proceeded to go back to the birds and push the cauldron off the cliff. They briefly stopped when they became trapped in the cauldron, but continued eating.
In the credits, the pigs could still be heard merrily eating the stew and burping.
- Heljä Heikkinen and Lynne Guaglione as Jay, Jake, and Jim
- Antti Pääkkönen as Red/Minion Pigs
- Antti LJ Pääkkönen as Chuck/Matilda/Corporal Pig
- The ingredients seen popping out of Matilda's soup were ladybugs, an eaten apple, fish bones, a snail, caterpillars, and old bits of cheese.
- When Red was disgusted from the food, the violin shrieks sound effect from Psycho Play can be heard.
- This is the first episode to show the birds and pigs together, although Egg Sounds shows an imaginary pig.
- King Pig seems to be eating the exact same type of soup that Matilda made in Where's My Crown?.
- This episode was co directed by Chris Sadler making him the first crew member to direct an episode other than Kim Helminen.
- It seems like Corporal Pig was waiting for the other pigs to climb the cliff, because when the pigs fell down, he was seen at the same position as before.
- The character design started to change from this episode. At some points in the episode, The characters have more cartoonish looks, but not as much as a drastic change as Dopeys on a Rope and Gardening with Terence.
- If you listen closely when Matilda was about to give The Blues another soup, you can hear her say "Want some?".
- At 0:51, when Chuck runs away to the tree, Matilda is missing one of her head feathers.
- In the credits, Corporal Pig isn't listed in, but altough he was in the episode.
- In the YouTube release of the episode the titled says Gordon Bleugh! when it's Cordon Bleugh!.
- REDIRECT Template:EpisodesNav