Click here to see Corporal Pig's gallery
''Excellent. You boys make me proud. In fact, I'm so proud that I'm going to show you something. This is what we're fighting for, boys. This is what makes all the hard work, all of the eating and the napping, all of it worthwhile. These are the eggs we've stolen from the Angry Birds! These are the eggs our king will eat at the big feast tomorrow, all of it made possible by minions like you. Now hit the showers and get some rest, boys! Tomorrow's the big day!''
–Corporal Pig, Angry Birds Comics Issue 4 (The Green Rookie story)
Large (Angry Birds Toons)
|Abilities & Strengths|
|Abilities||Having extra protection, explodes (in King Pig Mode)|
3 Defensive Helmets (in Angry Birds Go!)
|First appearance||Theme 1-21|
|Voiced by||Antti LJ Pääkkönen (Angry Birds Toons)|
Corporal Pig (also known as Helmet Pig or Armor Pig) is a Medium Pig and the secondary antagonist in Rovio's Angry Birds. He wears a stone (or maybe steel in the new design) helmet for a stronger defense. It is the third strongest pig variety in the game and serves as the chief enemy in the first set of levels in each theme. It also serves as a protector to King Pig. Corporal Pigs are very much alike to Foreman Pigs in-game ways, not actual looks but in strength. They serve as bosses: Herr Helmet (Poached Eggs), Hovering Helmet (Danger Above), Hardhat Hidalgo (The Big Setup), Billy the Pig (Ham 'Em High) and Cave Explorer (Mine and Dine). The Corporal Pig first appeared in Poached Eggs Theme 1-21.
Birdsonality Test Description
"The Corporal Pig is headstrong. He is outspoken, confident and practical. He like stability and tradition — if it isn't broken, why fix it? He wears his heart on his sleeve and enjoys being in charge".
Corporal Pig is angry and serious. He commands an army of Soldier Pigs and Minion Pigs and works for King Pig, he is very attentions on his work and is up to suffer every type of consequence to make his boss happy and obtain the precious eggs. He is often angry at his Soldier Pigs due to them not being aware of what to do. Aside from working, he loves his helmet a lot and ignores the eggs when the helmet is in danger.
He is a medium pig wearing a steel helmet with brown straps with a metal buckle.
Angry Birds Toons
He is a normal pig that wears a white steel helmet with brown straps with two metal buckles. In further episodes, he wears a black steel helmet.
He is an old large pig with a crack on his forehead, two bushy eyebrows, a large snout and large teeth. He wears a dark steel hat with brown straps with two metal buckles, a crack and an "Ace Of Spades" card in the strap.
He is a strong pig that wears the same type of hat of the New Toons Design version but wears golden shoulder straps. He has some beard.
- One shouldn't overestimate the power of the Corporal Pig's helmet. Even though the helmet is stone, it is weak. Red can defeat a Corporal Pig in just one hit.
- Using Jay, Jake and Jim also work, but one should make sure to split them into three before making contact.
- Any bird can defeat Corporal Pig. However, a single Jay will not work as effectively.
- Wood that falls on him can pop him, but it requires more wood. Stone structures that fall on him can pop him instantly. One block that shouldn't be used is Glass. Glass is weak, and will not work on Corporal Pigs.
- He is similar to the Buckethead Zombie from Plants vs. Zombies, as both wear something on their heads that makes them more tough and resistant against attacks from the birds/plants.
- Along with the other Pigs, the design for Corporal Pig has changed in the Angry Birds Chrome Beta. They have shinier helmets with buckles on them. In animations nowadays, he sometimes uses his buckle to hold an Ace of Spades card on his helmet. This trait means that, maybe canonically, there is only one real Corporal Pig, meaning the rest of the Corporals in Season 2 episode animations (see Angry Birds Seasons) would just be average pigs in reality. This is also used by soldiers as the A.O.S. is "The Death Card". However, Corporal Pig and all the other pigs try to avoid hostility towards the birds and try to do things that are not related to war.
- In the Chrome version, the Corporal Pig's helmet may be made of metal, as the helmets are shiny and can be dented.
- The Corporal Pig plush is the only Pig that is all beaten up and in his defeated face.
- In new animations, like Wreck the Halls and Ham'o'ween, the belts can be seen wrapped around the helmets of the Corporal Pigs.
- As shown in the Ham'o'ween and Wreck the Halls animations, the Corporal Pigs hold giant butter-knives and forks. These giant pieces of silverware and kitchen utensils may be weapons of choice for the Corporal Pigs in the animations.
- The Corporal Pig also holds chopsticks in the Year of the Dragon animation. It's a possibility that it is a weapon of choice for the Corporal Pigs in China because the Corporal Pig used them to make the audience of Bad Piggies applause during the puppet show.
- In the Year of the Dragon animation, the helmet of the Corporal Pig is different. It has a different shape, gold-bearing at the bottom, no buckle, and a feather on top of the helmet.
- One of the Corporal Pigs appears as a teacher in the "Meet the Pink Bird" animation. He reveals in his plan written on his chalkboard that after he gives King Pig the eggs, King Pig gives him a medal for succeeding in his plan. Because when the pigs are shown injured, and Corporal has the Spades card as mentioned above, it can only be the REAL Corporal Pig (also mentioned above).
- In the Angry Birds Toons "Where's My Crown?", in the cast section of the episode's end credits, the Corporal Pig is named the "Corporal Pig". It was revealed again in the end credits for "Another Birthday". This could mean that for every end credits in an Angry Birds Toons episode that features the Corporal Pig, the Corporal Pig will always be credited as the Corporal Pig.
- Sometimes, in Angry Birds Toons, the Corporal Pig has a short temper and can get angry a bit easier. A few examples are from when he got covered in mud by the King Pig by accident in "Where's My Crown?", and when the Birthday Minion Pig accidentally blew his noisemaker into the Corporal Pig's nostril when the Corporal Pig is yelling to the Minion Pig and frightening him in "Another Birthday", resulting the noisemaker incident. He can also be seen yelling out to call the Minion Pigs, as seen in the episode "Another Birthday".
- In Angry Birds Space, if you use Pig Puffer, the helmet will fall, and Corporal Pig will be defeated. You can't destroy the helmet because if it separates from Corporal Pig, it will be indestructible.
- In a Mighty Eagle picture, where Foreman Pig and a Large Pig are scared because of Mighty Eagle coming, Corporal Pig is seen running off, leaving his helmet behind.
- In the Angry Birds Toons episode "Dopeys on a Rope", the Corporal Pig has a different look than in the previous episodes, like "Where's My Crown?", "Another Birthday" or "Cordon Bleugh!". He has wrinkles on his face, his helmet covers his eyes, and his helmet is darker, more busted, and has a card with an Ace of Spades on it strapped on his helmet by the belt. He also has a slightly darker color for his skin in "Dopeys on a Rope".
- Like the King Pig, the pigs only obey Corporal Pig due to his helmet, mostly because it signifies his military position as a commander. In the Angry Birds Toons episode, "Not Without My Helmet" , the Corporal Pig looses his helmet after failing to steal the eggs from the birds. Without his helmet, the other pigs are unable to identify him as Corporal Pig, and only laugh at him due to his bald head and unusual crack. This forces him to wear a white strap on his head. Even with the white strap, the pigs, even the King Pig, don't recognize him and only laugh further at his funny appearance. Later on, he gains confidence and manages to get back his helmet.
- In the Angry Birds Toons episode, "Porcula" , Corporal Pig appears, having his white strap appearance instead of his helmet. He is seeing pusing a cart and then running away from Porcula. Porcula eventually catches up with Corporal Pig and feeds on his blood, making Corporal Pig turn white and fainting. It's not known why Corporal Pig decided to wear his white strap, despite getting his helmet back in the episode, "Not Without My Helmet", He possibly wore the white strap to go incognito.
- Beforehand, Corporal Pig was nothing more than a Minion Pig with a helmet. This is further proven in Angry Birds Epic, in which he uses nearly the assets as a Minion Pig.
- His name is mentioned as Corporal in some comics.
- Corporal Pig's helmet has a fuse and is black in King Pig Mode, and can turn red when about to explode, just like Bomb.
- In Angry Birds Epic, the Corporal Pig has its old Toons design as seen in certain animations such as "Meet the Pink Bird". He also appears to be wielding a lollipop as his weapon.
- The Helmet of Corporal Pig in the Angry Birds Toons episode «Dopeys on a Rope », as well as in further episodes, bears more than a striking resemblance to a Vietnam War United States's Soldier's helmet.
- Corporal Pig and Flippy from the Happy Tree Friends series are similar because they are green, they are soldiers and they wear a type of hat.
- He is sometimes known as "PirateGameThing" thanks to Super Angry Birds
- In the second version of his toons appearance, he has a striking resemblance to the soldier from Team Fortress 2 including the helmet covering his eyes and the player cards slid under the belt.
|Main Pigs|| |
|Angry Birds||· · · · · · ·|
|Angry Birds Seasons|| |
|Angry Birds Rio|| |
|Angry Birds Friends|| |
|Angry Birds Space|| |
|Bad Piggies|| |
|Angry Birds Star Wars & II|| |
|Angry Birds Epic|| |
|Angry Birds Transformers|| |
|Angry Birds Stella|| |
|Angry Birds Fight!|| |