Gardening with Terence is the thirteenth episode of Angry Birds Toons.
This episode debuts Terence's first appearance. It was aired on June 9, 2013.
Terence casts an ominous shadow over Matilda's flower beds. Can she get him to move before her prize blooms wilt?
The episode begins with Matilda feeding her flower beds with refreshing water. As she was doing so, however, Terence , her husband, suddenly appeared and rather inconveniently, positioned himself on a cliff above the garden, blocking out the sun her garden needed. Matilda was shocked because of the lack of sunlight that Terence was causing, threatening her plants' growth. She decided to move Terence before the situation got worse, to no avail. As she noticed her plants' condition worsening, she tried to calm herself through meditation, only to snap in anger at her predicament of trying to move Terence.
After failed attempts involving a lever, a rope, and a boulder, Matilda ultimately tried to use explosives to blast Terence out of the way, but all that did was to cause him to sink himself in his current position a little. Deciding that it was hopeless, Matilda bursted into tears so loudly then suddenly noticed a purple flower on her head that landed on her after being blasted by the explosion, and decided to put her garden on top of Terence. While feeding the plants with water, Terence smiled.
- This is the first episode to have a character's name in the title that isn't Chuck. However, if the title wasn't changed, it would have remained "Oh My Garden!", its original title.
- This is the fifth episode to have the title changed during production. The first is Pig Has Talent to Pig Talent, the second is A New Friend to True Blue?, the third is Taking a Leave to Off Duty, and the fourth is Thunderbolts and Lightning to Thunder Chuck.
- This episode use a different style of 2D animation than the previous ones, appearing brighter and more fluid and allowing for more complex character reaction and emotion.
- At 0:16, the ripples that appear in the bucket of water is a reference to Jurassic Park's cup shaking scene.
- In the episode selection, the words "with Terence" are white, but in the title card, the word "with" is black & the word "Terence" is his color.
- Although Terence doesn't speak, he is voiced by Heljä Heikkinen, like The Blues.
|Episodes|| · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·