Gardening with Terence
|Title card (Click to zoom)|
|Air Date||June 9, 2013|
|Written by||Ian Carney|
|Directed by||Eric Guaglione|
|Thunder Chuck||Dopeys on a Rope|
Gardening with Terence is the thirteenth episode of Angry Birds Toons.
This episode debuts Terence's first appearance. It was aired on June 9, 2013.
Terence casts an ominous shadow over Matilda's flower beds. Can she get him to move before her prize blooms wilt?
The episode begins with Matilda feeding her flower beds with refreshing water. As she isdoing so, however, Terence , a giant, silent bird, suddenly appeares and rather inconveniently, positions himself on a cliff above the garden, blocking out the sun her garden needed. Matilda is shocked because of the lack of sunlight that Terence was causing, threatening her plants' growth. She decides to move Terence before the situation got worse, to no avail. As she notices her plants' condition worsening, she tries to calm herself through meditation, only to snap in anger at her predicament of trying to move Terence.
After failed attempts involving a lever, a rope, and a boulder, Matilda ultimately tries to use explosives to blast Terence out of the way, but all that did was to cause him to sink himself in his current position a little. Deciding that it was hopeless, Matilda bursts into tears so loudly that she suddenly notices a purple flower on her head that landed on her after being blasted by the explosion, and gets the idea of placing her garden on top of Terence. While feeding the plants with water, Terence smiles, enjoying the watering and the garden placing on him.
- This is the first episode to have a character's name in the title that isn't Chuck. However, if the title wasn't changed, it would have remained "Oh My Garden!", its original title.
- This is the fifth episode to have the title changed during production. The first is Pig Has Talent to Pig Talent, the second is A New Friend to True Blue?, the third is Taking a Leave to Off Duty, and the fourth is Thunderbolts and Lightning to Thunder Chuck.
- This episode use a different style of 2D animation than the previous ones, appearing brighter and more fluid and allowing for more complex character reaction and emotion.
- This is Terence's first appearance in the series
- At 0:16, the ripples that appear in the bucket of water is a reference to Jurassic Park's cup shaking scene.
- In the episode selection, the words "with Terence" are white, but in the title card, the word "with" is black & the word "Terence" is his color.
- Although Terence doesn't speak, he is voiced by Heljä Heikkinen, like The Blues.
- This is the first episode where Terence smiled for the first time.
- This is the first time Matilda gardens.