- This article is about the Golden Egg level. If you are looking for the character, see King Pig.
The Golden King Pig Level is located in the Golden Eggs section and is only available for iOS, Android, PC and Blackberry Playbook's QNX. It is also available for the free version. To unlock it, three stars must be obtained on all levels from Poached Eggs to Birdday Party. An alternative method is to buy the apptivity. The King Pig apptivity toy can be used when playing a level to use it as the Golden Egg section. There are many features that include King Pig, Material Mix-Up, Bird Frenzy, and Total Destruction. At first, it was available exclusively to iPad, but on October 9th, 2012, the Golden King Pig Level had been updated for iPod Touch and iPhone apps and Android Apps via Google Play and PC.
In Angry Birds Time Travel, the mode is just a button and works the same way but is unlocked differently.
Bad Piggies' Powers
- Minion Pig: Does nothing but makes a battle cry: "Nyaaaaah!" (Takes the role for Red, the Red Bird)
- Small Pigs: Splits into three (Takes the role for the Blue Bird Trio: Blue Jay, Blue Jake, and Blue Jim; AKA: The Blues)
- Jetpack Pig: Speeds up (Takes the Role for Chuck, the Yellow Bird)
- Corporal Pig: Explodes (Takes the role for Bomb, the Black Bird)
- Bowling Ball Pig: Drops an exploding bowling ball (Takes the role for Matilda, the White Bird)
- Beaked Pig: Boomerangs back (Takes the role for Hal, the Boomerang Bird)
- Fat Pig: does nothing but make the same pitched battle cry as the Normal Pig, but has stronger strength to destroy most obstacles, even stone (Takes the role for Terence, the Big Brother Bird)
- Balloon Pig: Inflates (Takes the role for Bubbles, the Orange Bird)
- Female Pig: Produces bubbles to lift eggs and obstacles (Takes the role for Stella, the Pink Bird)
In "King Pig", the birds turn into pigs and the pigs turn into eggs. You have to complete the level by destroying the eggs with your available pigs in the slingshot. The different ways that the pigs use to solve their problems with the unique abilities is humorous, there is a set of pigs that has a splitting ability like the Blues and inflation like Bubbles - the balloon pig even looks like a balloon. And who to simulate Terence than the Fat Pig from Angry Birds Space? The Bad Piggies are playable in this mode, and they have swapped their roles with the eggs, which could possibly mean the Birds had decided to take the Bad Piggies' role by building forts to protect their eggs. The pig with an exploding bowling ball resembles and takes the role for the Matilda, by dropping a bowling ball on the egg fortress. The Balloon Pig will inflate. The Pig with a bow on her head and blush from the Angry Birds Seasons episode Hogs and Kisses produces bubbles like Stella. The Pig with a jetpack speeds up like Chuck. Corporal Pig has a fuse on his helmet, enabling the pig to explode like Bomb. The Pig with a long, fake beak boomerang back like Hal. The small pig actually has two smaller companions to imitate the Blues. The regular Minion Pig cries ''Nyah!'', like Red. The Fat Pig does the same for Terence. This was presumably before there were three eggs left on the island.
In "Material Mix-Up!", the game will switch some materials in the game, for example, the materials in the level are glass, wood, and stone. The stone will either turn into glass or wood and the glass or wood will turn into stone, thus it can either make the level easier for the player or a lot harder, even almost impossible.
In "Bird Frenzy!", you will have unlimited birds and you have to complete the level in the amount of time it gives you. Normally the time limit in Bird Frenzy is between 30 seconds for most levels, 40 for some, 50 for others and 60.
In "Total Destruction!", you have to complete the level by tapping it to cause small explosions and you only have a limited amount of time to do so. Usually, the time limit is around 10 seconds.
- All the Pigs make the same launch noises, tap noises (battle cry, even when using a pig with an ability), and pain noises. Plus, in the King Pig mode, their victory sounds are the same sounds you normally hear when you fail a level. If you lose a level in the King Pig mode, you just hear a pig snort (The same one from the cutscenes).
- If you complete a level, the King Pig cries in the minigames "Material Mix Up", "Bird Frenzy", and "Total Destruction", while the King Pig laughs in the minigame "King Pig". The opposite happens if you fail a level.
- There were 10 pigs at first (not the female pig), then they got a new pig direct from Hogs and Kisses for Stella , causing this game to have 11 Bad Piggies.
- The Pork Side levels in Angry Birds Star Wars II are quite similar to the King Pig Level's gameplay, but with birds instead of eggs, going to a more aggressive perspective.
- The Jetpack Pig looks like Monty, a pig from Angry Birds Epic.