|Title card (Click to zoom)|
|Air Date||September 8, 2013|
|Written by||Stuart Kenworthy|
|Directed by||Kari Juusonen|
|The Bird That Cried Pig||Green Pig Soup|
Hamshank Redemption is the twenty-sixth episode of Angry Birds Toons.
Prisoner Pig and Goliath Pig make their appearance here. It was aired on September 8, 2013.
The name of this episode and the plot is based off The Shawshank Redemption.
A prisoner pig tries to escape from his cell with all kinds of crazy attempts. Will he manage to free himself without going mad?
At night, a new prisoner is thrown into his cell. The guard laughs at him, thinking he would be unable to escape. The prisoner pig chuckles as he manages to hide a file from them. Spitting it out, he decides to make his escape and looks for a window. He eventually sees one but seeing it was so high up, he becomes hopeless. When the bed sightly bounces, he acquires the idea of using the spring of the beds.
Once he attaches the spring, he begins to spring all the way up to the ceiling, just to see it was just out of reach. He tries with two springs, but it lifts him too high, resulting in his face slamming right into the bars of the skylight, alerting the guards in the process.
To prevent another attempt via the skylight, the guards take away his bed and file. Prisoner Pig looks around for another way to escape then discovers he could make use of the sewers via flushing himself down the toilet. He does so, travels through a series of pipes, and ends up in another cell with its escapee-wannabe, a Goliath Pig, trying to do what Prisoner Pig previously did: using springs to bounce up to the barred skylight. The Goliath Pig wonders why he was in his cell, scaring the Prisoner Pig back through the sewers. Goliath Pig suddenly gets an idea.
Prisoner Pig continues on until he reaches a toilet currently being used by two guards, causing them to realize he was escaping by the sewers. To ensure he did not try that again, they bolt the toilet such that it was not wide enough for him to navigate through the sewers. A meal is then served to the Prisoner Pig.
Prisoner Pig sees the spoon in his meal and decides that he would dig his way through the prison walls. He does so and tries to sneak around until he bumps into something. Lighting a match, he is shocked to see Terence in the area, scaring him back to his cell. Sad he was going to be remain stuck in prison, he hears a sudden shook. Turns out Goliath Pig traveled through the sewers into his cell, past the bolted wedges and launched himself past the skylight, but gets caught by the guards.
Seeing the Goliath Pig's propellar hat drop down, he acquires an idea of using it to proprel himself up and into the air. Soon, he does that and the guards get angry when he manages to escape. Goliath Pig gets proud of him as he manages to escape to freedom. Prisoner Pig blows raspberries at the guards, showing that they could not keep him in prison forever.
- At 1:40, the meal can be seen, but at 1:53, it disappears.
- This is the second non-announced episode on the FOX8 website. The first being The Bird That Cried Pig.
- This is the third appearance of Terence. However, it is possible that King Pig hired Terence to make sure that no prisoners try to dig their way out of prison as even the prisoners fear him.
- This is the third episode the whole episode itself takes place at night. First was Pig Talent and second was Thunder Chuck.
- The scene in the cave is similar to another meeting with Terence in the episode Run Chuck Run, with his match lit, only in this episode, the pig runs the other way.
- When the Prisoner Pig ends up in the Propeller Pig's cell, you can see a signed picture of a female pig; if you look closely, it reads "Marilyn Pigroe". This is a reference to Marilyn Monroe.