For the similar episode featured in Season 2, see Ham'o'ween.
- Haunted Hogs is the fourteenth episode of Angry Birds Seasons, the third episode celebrating Halloween, and the first episode of the Season 3 package. It was released in October 23rd, 2012 for iOS and PC. It marks the second birthday/anniversary of the Angry Birds Seasons app. It was first revealed on the Game Center leaderboards and was reported by Angry Birds Nest on October 18, 2012.
- This is the third Halloween based episode in Seasons in three consecutive years, and is also first in the series overall to have entirely new Pig variants, Scarecrow Pigs and Frankenstein Pigs.
- With this update, Seasons has more levels than in Angry Birds Classic. (If one doesn't count the King Pig levels)
- This episode introduces a ghostly block.
- The beginning music resembles The Addams Family Theme song.
- Unlike other episodes, objects don't fly by in the background for the title screen. Also, a beaten-up Scarecrow Pig appears when you fail a level in Haunted Hogs, unlike most episodes which have a normal pig when failing a level. This happens again in Winter Wonderham, which it shows a normal pig eating a candy cane when failing a level.
- The Jack-O-Lanterns (3000 Pts. Each) from Trick or Treat and the Exploding Black Jack-O-Lanterns from Ham'o'ween return in this episode.
- Haunted Hogs could be using a reference to the term "Haunted House", since the level takes place in a haunted house.
- This is the third AB episode to have the background inside, the first and second being Smuggler's Den & Smuggler's Plane from AB Rio.
- On the loading screen, the number 13 is printed on the door, which is the "unlucky" number.
- Haunted Hogs is the 14th update of Angry Birds Seasons.
- This is the first Halloween episode not to feature the Ghost Pig.
- Both Haunted Hogs and the Angry Birds Friends Halloween Tournament (Closed) have the same theme song.
- The backgrounds of some of the levels have Ecce Homo (the ruined Jesus fresco) on the walls.
- It is also one of the two episodes to include four new levels upon the release of Power-ups in Angry Birds Seasons, the other being Winter Wonderham.