The Hidden Loot Crates are objects in Bad Piggies, being released in the Custom Contraptions update. Three crates of random types can be found daily. There are 7 types of them, listed in a section below. They are also known as Boxes. One must find one via looking at levels, watching a video, buying one in the shop, or winning them in the Cake Race. They can feature alternate items (see Custom Parts), cakes, nuts, power-ups or disguises for Ross and King Pig. You can get a 1-star, a 2-star or a 3-star object, as well as an alien one. A wood crate can be purchased for 160 Snout Coins, and the silver and gold crates can be purchased by real money. The loot crates have to be tapped 3 times to open them. Loot Crates reward a certain amount of XP when earned.
- Cardboard (2 items)
- Glass (3 items)
- Copper or Bronze (4 items)
- Marble (5 items)
- Wood (3 items)
- Silver or Metal (4 items)
- Gold (8 items)
- A free silver loot crate can be found in the credits, Similar to Angry Birds, Where you can find a Golden Egg in the credits. More information about this golden egg can be found on the page Golden Egg Level 5. However, this loot crate will reward no XP.
- If you get an item you already have, then it will be replaced by a number of nuts.
- The Hidden Loot Crates can also be attracted by the ''Magnet'' power-up.
- The first time before you purchase a wooden crate with coins, You can get a free crate.
- Purchasing Field of Dreams will give you a free Gold Loot Crate.
- The amazon underground version Does not have any videos.