Jingle Yells is the fortieth episode of Angry Birds Toons.
It is also the first Christmas themed episode. It was aired on December 15, 2013.
The title is a pun on a Christmas carol's name, Jingle Bells.
It's Christmas and King Pig is expecting eggs under the Christmas tree! To get close to the eggs, Corporal Pig disguises himself as Santa with the Minions as his reindeer. But will the Blues spot the trick in time?
It was Christmas Eve at the Piggy Island, and the Blues were hanging stockings on a tree's branches, putting Santa's hats on the Eggs, and then going to sleep. In the Pig City, some Minion Pigs were nailing a giant stocking to a girder in King Pig's palace, in hopes that Santa will give him eggs.
Back to the Blues, Corporal Pig, disguised as Santa with his Minion Pigs as reindeer, approached the nest. As he got off the sleigh, he fell, and the Minion Pigs laughed at him. Corporal Pig ordered them to be quiet, but when he left, they continue laughing. Just as Corporal Pig stuffed the eggs into his sack, the Blues awakened and asked him for a present. Corporal Pig quickly searched through his sack and gave them a stuffed toy, a toy bear. Joyed, the Blues happy held the present, just to see the head fall off and roll to a now empty nest, leaving them confused. Panicking, Corporal Pig quickly headed back to his sled while the Blues looked at him. Just then, they saw his tail, giving him away.
They quickly blocked his way and beat him up in various ways, one blue bird tried pulling off his fake beard but could not, though ended up slapping it back. The other two brought candy canes and insert them into his nose. Finally, they tied him and his sled together before flinging them away with the slingshot, causing them to travel back to Pig City.
King Pig was still waiting for Santa's arrival, so he was just humming to the song Jingle bells. Suddenly, Corporal Pig's sleigh fell through the roof of King Pig's Palace, and landed in King Pig's oversized stocking. King Pig mistook Corporal Pig for Santa, and was very pleased to see what seemed to be a giant egg in his stocking, but was really just Corporal Pig's crashed sleigh.
Later, the Blues were very happy to see their stocking filled with presents, as the real Santa flew over the nest, saying his catchphrase.
- In Wreck the Halls, King Pig dressed himself as Santa. However, Corporal Pig did in this episode instead of King Pig.
- This is the second holiday-themed episode from Toons, with the first one being Night of the Living Pork.
- The scene when the sleigh, Santa Corporal Pig, and the Reindeer Pigs are going in a moon background is a reference to a scene from E.T
- Corporal Pig said "shut up!" when the pigs laughed in 00:43.
- Jake said "sweet" and "enough" in this episode.
- This was the first time real, clear, actual words were spoken in Angry Birds Toons. Santa Claus said Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas! in this episode.
|Episodes|| · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·