Love is in the Air is the thirty-fifth episode of Angry Birds Toons.
This episode marks the first appearance of Chronicler Pig, this episode aired on November 10, 2013.
The phrase Love is in The Air means that a love relationship is happening between two living beings, the air on this episode also implies that the love of King Pig started on air due to the cabbage being launched from a long distance.
A cabbage falls on King Pig's head. He falls in love with it. The minions find it very cute, but Corporal Pig is dismayed. Will he manage to make King Pig come back to his senses?
A group of Minion Pigs, led by Corporal Pig, are launching cabbages at cardboard cutouts of Red, Chuck, and The Blues. However, a cabbage drops on the ground. Corporal Pig shouts and they launched another cabbage, but still, it misses and drops again on the ground. Again, Corporal Pig shouts and they launch again another cabbage, but it flies away in the hole at the King's Palace.
King Pig is in the palace playing with piggy toys; a queen pig and a helmet pig kissing each other, when the cabbage hits King Pig on his head. The concussion gives him an hallunication of the cabbage as a Queen Pig, that King Pig immediately starts to fall in love with.
King Pig dances with the cabbage around the palace, thinking its a Queen Pig. Corporal Pig sees them in dismayal. Later on, King Pig spends a romantic time with the cabbage, with Corporal Pig still looking at them in dismayal again. When the minion pigs had their cleaning session at the garden, a minion pig suddenly shook the gardening shears, believing King Pig had lost his mind.
At the King's palace, in the dining room, King Pig and the cabbage are having their date by eating a lovely tomato soup. A minion pig serves food to be placed on the dining table, the cabbage dunks in the soup when it falls to the original seat. The minion pigs laugh about it, while King Pig hurriedly carries and protects it from being messed.
At the rivers of Pig City, King Pig rides a gondola with the cabbage while the pigs are rowing the gondola. King Pig then proposes to the cabbage by giving it an engagement ring. The Minion Pigs see this and they laugh, but then they find it very cute during the engagement. King Pig wears the ring that really fits her. One of the Minion Pigs cries for them, that they will marry, and the other Minion Pig smile at him, with Corporal Pig once again looking in dismayal.
King Pig and the cabbage have their wedding, with Chronicler Pig leading the service. Outside the King's Palace, all the pigs enjoy the reception for King Pig and the cabbage. Meanwhile, a minion pig serves a lemon soda bottle at the Corporal Pig's table, while Corporal Pig sips ice cream in a glass. When he sees the soda bottle, he gets an idea to make King Pig come back to his senses and to stop falling in love with the cabbage.
The royal minion pigs sound the trumpet for King Pig and the cabbage's dancing. King Pig carries the cabbage and dance to each other, while the Minion Pigs find it very cute. Meanwhile, Corporal Pig opens the soda bottle and the cork is launched to King Pig's head, knocking him unconscious.
When King Pig's awakens, a lump grows on his and finally, his senses come back. He sees the cabbage and eats it ahead, shocking the rest of the pigs, with even Chronicler Pig fainting.
However, King Pig's second concussion spawns another hallucination of Corporal Pig as a female opera-singing pig. King Pig immediately falls in love with the hallucination. Corporal Pig makes a run for it while King Pig chases him.
As the credits roll, King Pig can be heard kissing Corporal Pig.
Cast (in order)
- Red, Chuck, and The Blues (all cardboard, appeared together)
- Corporal Pig and Minion Pigs (appeared together)
- Cabbage (Exclusive Appearance)
- King Pig
- Queen Pig (imaginary)
- Chronicler Pig (first appearance)
- Soprano Pig (imaginary)
- Rovio claimed that this episode is a later version of Matilda in Love, however, Matilda did not appear in this episode. And the cabbage that King Pig fell in love with is a reference to Matilda's cabbages.
- This is the sixth episode in a row to have an appearance of King Pig.
- This is the first appearance of Chronicler Pig in Toons, because of the appearance and has a white, curly wig.
- Queen Pig and the Female Opera Singing Pig are the only female pigs as they're only imaginary.
- The cardboard birds are just like in the episode Crash Test Piggies and Egg's Day Out.
- The carpet at the King's Palace is just red-purple, purple or red like the episodes Slappy-Go-Lucky, Piggy Wig, Pig Plot Potion, Tooth Royal, and Night of the Living Pork.
- This is the fourth time minion pigs sounded the trumpet. First was Pig Talent, second was Piggy Wig, and third was Pig Plot Potion.
- There is an emblem depicting the Eggs on the flag of the gondola, Chronicler Pig's book, and on the top of the archway.
- When the time Chronicler Pig read the book before he said that King Pig will kiss the bride, he says something that sounds like "Marriage".
- When King Pig already ate the cabbage, one pig made a sound that issued Chuck in the episode The Bird That Cried Pig, when he hid the eggs, he said that the pigs already stole the Eggs, and yawning to awakened birds.
- The pigs on the boat look like the ones in Dopeys on a Rope.
- King Pig's "dizzy birds" are Queen Pig.
- This is the first time a minion pig cries.
- A recurring motif in this episode is a snippet of Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet.
- Ride of the Valkyries by Richard Wagner plays at the end of the episode.
- The ride on the boat is a reference to Venice's Gondola rides.
- When King Pig danced with the cabbage, he didn't have his crown on top of his head when he got hit by a cabbage, but when the time he swings the cabbage at the cliff, he had his crown.
- When this episode was uploaded on YouTube, it was not shown and replaced with King of the Castle. This was later fixed.
- The first bump on King Pig’s head is missing when the second one swells up.