|Species||Chinese dragon (龍)|
|Locations||Year of the Dragon|
|Abilities & Strengths|
|Abilities||Destroying everything then looping after being summoned by Red Koi Fish|
–Mighty Dragon, Year Of The Dragon Comic
The Mighty Dragon is a mighty creature, that only appears in the Seasons update Year of the Dragon. He is a friend of Mighty Eagle. The Mighty Dragon can be used by pressing the icon beside the pause button, giving the player the Red Koi Fish that is thrown to summon the Mighty Dragon. The Mighty Dragon button replaces the Mighty Eagle button in Year of the Dragon showing the dragon's eye and bushy eyebrow.
It can be used for free on iOS, Android, and Symbian^3 devices and does not require the purchase of the Mighty Eagle. It is also available on AB Trilogy for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Nintendo 3DS when you purchase the Anger Management pack.
He is a long orange dragon with a yellow belly and yellow fuzzy tail end. He has a proportional head with a long snout with large nostrils, a large eye with black bushy eyebrows, large mouth with various fangs and fur.
He has long white antlers and yellow spikes above him.
Like the Mighty Eagle, the Mighty Dragon is an optional character that can be used to destroy any fortress. However, it has a different style of attack than the Eagle. It first comes in from the upper left corner of the screen and goes after the koi. It then attacks by flying in a loop, pushing anything in its path, and creates a small earthquake, shaking the fortress to eliminate any missed Pigs. As a final attack, the dragon shoots into the sky to the upper right corner of the screen. He doesn't crash into the ground.
Its unique looping path calls for strategic placement of the koi but can be utilized in different angles of attack due to this. It can be bad as well, since when the dragon loops, it misses the material inside the loop. Once he does the loop he seems to lose power too.
Just like the Mighty Eagle, the Mighty Dragon can be used in two ways:
- If the player has not yet passed a level, the Mighty Dragon can be used to skip the level.
- If the player has already earned at least one star on a level, the Mighty Dragon has unlimited usage.
Depending on the elevation of where the koi lands, the Mighty Dragon may hit surprisingly higher than expected, passing slightly over the koi even, or hit lower, which produces more thorough destruction by making contact with more objects. All of this depends on if the Mighty Dragon is in the middle of diving or flying straight in its staircase-like descent as it reaches the koi.
Just like Mighty Eagle, he is calm and wise, not wanting to be disturbed. In the Year of the Dragon comic, it turns out that Mighty Dragon, mistakened for Mighty Eagle, seems to be a "picky eater".
- From page 2, when he ate the sardines Chuck offered, he said, "What is this canned junk? Bring me fresh food!"
- He also didn't like the fruits and vegetables the Chuck offered in page 3 and angrily said, "You call this fresh food?!" when the Red Bird, Yellow Bird, and Blue Birds went to Mighty Eagle's cave to ask the Mighty Eagle for help in page 10, they were shocked that "Mighty" is actually Mighty Dragon all this time and at the same time, he said, "你好, Mighty's little friends!".
- In page 11 when Mighty Dragon noticed the Koi Fish on Red's fishing rod, he said, "I can't stand Mighty's canned junk! Speaking of which, any chance you want to share that one?"
- Then, in page 12, Chuck said in relief, "So that's what he meant by fresh food!" So they used that Koi Fish to foil the Pigs' plan in pages 12 through 14.
- The Mighty Dragon is the only Mighty Creature that isn't silhouetted.
- According to the comics, the Mighty Dragon is an old friend or a replacement of the Mighty Eagle, but in the App Store and the Year of the Dragon Teaser, it says that the Mighty Eagle transformed into the Mighty Dragon.
- The Mighty Dragon is one of the allies of the Birds that isn't a bird. One exemple is Luiz.
- The Mighty Dragon is depicted on a Ming vase from the episode Catch of the Day.
- Mighty Dragon is available as an accessory in Angry Birds Fight!.
|The Flock|| |
|Stella's Flock|| |
|Mighty Creatures|| |
| Movie Birds|
|( · · · · ) · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·|