Chillin' like a villain! Source: Catch Of the Day, Angry Birds Toons
Click here to see the Minion Pigs' gallery
''So... Raw recruits, eh? Do you have what it takes to be minions? Do you have the primal need to defeat the Angry Birds? Do you have the heart of underling? The sheer determination of a subordinate? The burning desire to mindlessly follow orders no matter how insane they might be?''
The Minion Pigs are the pigs as the enemies that appear in Rovio Entertainment's Angry Birds franchise. They appear in Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons, Angry Birds Rio, Angry Birds Space, Angry Birds 2, and the spin-off, Bad Piggies. They also appear in Angry Birds Toons and Piggy Tales.
- Name: Minion Pigs
- Known Aliases: Pigs, Green Pigs, Swine Goons, Booger-colored Porkheads
- Group Affiliation: Bad Piggies
- Best Friends: Each other, Silver (originally raised by the Pigs when she was the 4th Lost Egg, but she later betrayed the Pigs to join the flock)
- Possible Family: Each other, King Pig (as servants), Leonard (as servants in the movie only)
- Voiced by: Antti LJ Pääkkönen
Minion Pigs, unlike other pigs in more specifically Angry Birds 2, don't have special powers. See this page for more information. They are extremely weak and usually are left unprotected and can easily be popped.
In general, Minion Pigs appear to be mischievous and don't think very well. They are hard workers and work well as a team. They are of the lowest importance in Pig City.
The Minion Pigs are rather silly and clumsy, which usually causes them to get into trouble. Most of them are treated as slaves, as seen inAnother Birthday. However, strangely, while some of them live in cramped spaces some of them live in separate houses, which may possibly mean that some Minion Pigs are of higher rank than the others.
Like regular pigs, Minion Pigs enjoy mud baths. They additionally enjoy building things, and "being silly". However, they dislike fighting, being told off, and Corporal Pig bullying them.
The minion pigs are happy and clueless optimists, always rebuilding their city and King Pig's Castle, also never giving up on trying to get the eggs.
Minion Pig's Description From the Angry Birds Official Website
The birds may see these guys as Bad Piggies, but the truth is they aren’t so bad after all! Blindly loyal to the King…yes. Largely clueless…double yes! But actually they don’t like fighting or causing trouble – instead preferring to roll around in muddy puddles and generally goofing around with each other. They do exactly what they’re told and this is what gives them such a bad name!
The Minion Pigs are on the front line in the battle against the birds, which works out for King Pig who doesn’t like to get his trotters dirty! The King’s happy to sit comfortably in his castle and send the pigs off to face their fierce and feathery opponents. And as the minions are so agreeable, they just nod and accept their orders without question. Come on pigs, rise up and say no!
The minions are clueless about most things – almost everything, in fact! But together these odd little creatures can build some surprisingly creative things. Yep, give a pig some old bits of wood and a toolbox and he’ll create a crazy contraption out of nothing. It may look a bit wobbly but it’ll (probably) get you from A to B. Just don’t expect first-class travel or for it to stay in one piece!
The Minion Pigs never ever give up! It’s part of their piggy DNA to just keep going and going – no matter how stupid this may be! When their rickety old junkyard vehicles crash and fall apart, they pick up the pieces and try again. And when King Pig orders them to steal the eggs, they keep going back to face certain defeat. Some say they’re optimistic, others would say foolishly!
Modified from the Angry Birds Birdsonality Test:
Minion pigs are born team players. Warm-hearted, talkative, and good at following directions, they thrive in an orderly, cooperative environment. But, being such a people person, they're also in danger of getting too caught up in other people's opinions.
Stella Super Interactive Annual Book Description
"GETTING PIGGY WITH IT!"
These pigs are the worst of the worst. They were exiled from Piggy Island by King Pig probably just because they were caught smiling on one of the king's bad days! Now they are loyal servants to the Bad Princess and blindly follow her unreasonable demands!
They're dumb, clueless and ultimately harmless. In fact, they'd spend all their time goofing off if they weren't so keen to please the Bad Princess who they believe to be true royal!
LOVES: Mud baths, The Bad Princess.
FAVORITE MODES OF TRANSPORT: Walking! Walking and carrying the Bad Princess! Walking over to carry the Bad Princess!
FAB FACT: THE MINION PIGS DON'T CARE ABOUT THE GOLDEN EGG - THEY WANT TO SERVE THE BAD PRINCESS ANY WAY THAT THEY CAN!
Minion Pigs have always been seen in Angry Birds games due to being such a crucial part of the game, serving as the most seen enemy.
- Main article: Angry Birds This marks the Minion Pigs' first appearance.
Minion Pigs are the only characters that appear in every single level, as there is not even a single level that does not feature at least one type of them. They used to be in their original sprite but were eventually changed to their Google Chrome sprites.
- Main article: Angry Birds Seasons The Minion Pigs additionally appear in every level of Angry Birds Seasons. Unlike in the first game, they can be seen equipped with all kinds of accessories, such as bows, hats (but hats also appear in the original game), etc.
- Main article: Angry Birds Rio The Minion Pigs only appear as balloons during actual gameplay and are replaced by caged birds and marmosets. However, a single medium pig can be seen in the final cutscene of the game along with Foreman Pig, and they have finally reached the eggs until they are again stopped by the birds.
- Main article: Angry Birds Space The Minion Pigs assist the King Pig in stealing the Bird's eggs again and flying into space with them. They are followed, of course, and as always appear in every single level of the game. They can be seen in bubbles that allow them to breathe, and if they are not in a gravitational field and the bubble surrounding them is popped, then they will freeze and pop.
Minion Pigs also can be sucked in by gravitational fields, and will likely ultimately be defeated, unless they somehow can smoothly roll down.
This game features the minion pigs and the other pigs in their chrome sprites for the first time, and the minion pigs also get eating, laughing, and sleeping animations that taunt the player.
The Types of Minion Pigs
Small Pigs are pigs featured in the first four Angry Birds Games and are the smallest of the entire Pig. It is the first pig encountered in the entire game, starting at Theme 1-1. It is also the weakest pig in the games it appears in, and is defeated by a simple falling bird or block. It is weaker than all the other pigs in the game and is very common after its first appearance.
Small Pigs, like the other pigs, will be able to roll but will unlikely be pushed and will likely be popped even through the slightest tap. Their injured sprites can rarely be seen due to their easy defeat.
Medium Pigs are medium-sized pigs and the 2nd weakest pig in the game. Because of its medium size, it is the second largest of the Minion Pigs. It can be easily destroyed by all birds, but usually in large buildings.
It is weaker than the Large Pig, Corporal Pig, Moustache Pig, and King Pig. The only pig that is weaker than this pig is the Small Pig. It first appears in Poached Eggs Theme 1-14 and is quite common after its first appearance.
The Medium Pigs are the most used pigs in the series and are typically the only sized pigs seen in most animation series.
Large Pigs are large-sized pigs in the Angry Birds series and one of the largest of the Minion Pigs. This pig is the third weakest of all the Pigs in the game, and is weaker than the Corporal Pig, Moustache Pig, and King Pig, and is stronger than the Small Pig and the Medium Pig.
Huge Pigs are huge sized pigs in the Angry Birds series, they are the largest of the Minion Pigs. This pig is very strong, having to take several hits to be defeated, they are stronger than King Pig and any type of pig, they appear mostly on Angry Birds Friends, having various variations, not counting their Angry Birds Evolution version. Examples of huge pigs are Fat Pig, Sea Monster Pig, Dragon Pig, Rampig, etc.
Minion Pigs have appeared in the following media:
- Angry Birds
- Angry Birds Rio
- Angry Birds Seasons
- Angry Birds Friends
- Angry Birds Space (as space pigs)
- Bad Piggies
- Angry Birds Star Wars (as many characters)
- Angry Birds Star Wars II (as many characters)
- Angry Birds Go!
- Angry Birds Epic
- Angry Birds Stella
- Angry Birds Transformers (as enemies and playable characters)
- Angry Birds POP!
- Angry Birds 2 (with many different abilities or none)
- Angry Birds Blast!
- Angry Birds Fight!
- Angry Birds Football
- Angry Birds Ace Fighter
- Angry Birds Holiday
- Angry Birds Evolution (with numerous variants and four size classes)
- Angry Birds For Facebook Messenger
- Angry Birds Champions
- Angry Birds POP Blast
- Angry Birds Tennis
- Angry Birds Casual
- Angry Birds Chrome
- Angry Birds Google+
- Angry Birds Volcano
- Angry Birds Magic
- Angry Birds in The Hunt For The Golden Pistachio
- Angry Birds Vuela Tazos
- Angry Birds Winter Wonderland
- Angry Birds Fuji TV
- Angry Birds Cheetos
- Angry Birds Toons
- Angry Birds Toons Season 2
- Angry Birds Toons Season 3
- Piggy Tales
- Piggy Tales: Pigs at Work
- Piggy Tales: Third Act
- Piggy Tales: 4th Street
- Angry Birds Stella
- The Angry Birds Movie
- The Angry Birds Movie 2
- Angry Birds BirLd Cup
- Angry Birds MakerSpace
- Angry Birds Slingshot Stories
- Angry Birds On the Run
- The pigs are the main enemies of all the games except Bad Piggies, Angry Birds Rio, Angry Birds Holiday, Angry Birds Islands, Agri Birds, and Angry Birds POP Blast.
- In Piggy Tales: Pigs at Work, it's shown that minion pigs love cheese and apples.
- In Angry Birds Toons, in Cordon Bleugh!, it's shown that they love Matilda's cooking while the birds don't.
- In the Google Chrome version, the location of the pigs' ears was changed.
- Along with other Pigs, the design for Medium Pigs has changed in Google Chrome.
- While in the Angry Birds games, they all have similar appearances, they appear to have all kinds of different appearances in the Angry Birds Movie, such as features as being round, fat, short, etc.
- In The Angry Birds Movie, there is a scene that has two pigs dressed up like the girls in a scene of The Shining, they also say "Red Rum" which in backward spells ''murder''. ''redrum'' was also featured in The Shining as a code.
- Coincidentally, rubrum in Latin means Red, which the word could reference this fact in a modified way.
- In the former toons version of The Angry Birds Official Website, In Foreman Pig's Bio, it is been to reveal that there are a total of 7,345 minion pigs.
|Angry Birds||· · · · · · ·|
|Angry Birds Seasons|
|Angry Birds Rio|
|Angry Birds Friends|
|Angry Birds Space|
|Angry Birds Star Wars & II|
|Angry Birds Epic|
|Angry Birds Transformers|
|Angry Birds Stella|
|Angry Birds Fight!|