Night of the Living Pork
|Air Date||October 27, 2013|
|Directed by||Kari Juusonen|
|Written by||Anastasia Heinzl|
|Tooth Royal||King of the Castle|
Night of the Living Pork is the thirty-third episode of Angry Birds Toons.
This episode is a reference to a black-and-white American independent horror film Night of the Living Dead and the episode's title card is also veery familiar to the film.
King Pig is attacked by zombies who want to eat...his huge pile of candy! He's helpless until Bubbles - the Orange Bird - comes trick or treating. Bubbles really can't bear the sight of zombies eating candy, so he must stop this right away.
On a spooky night, at the spooky cemetery of King Pig's Haunted Palace, King Pig is seen eating a huge pile of candy. He noticed that someone knocked on the door. He opened it, and he saw a pig wearing a mask trick-or-treating to him. He ignored, as he doesn't want to give him candies. Again, he opened the door when he heard someone knocked on it. He got angry with him, but suddenly, the pig removed the mask, and King Pig's afraid to him, it was a Zombie Pig! Then, the zombie pigs are coming to eat his huge pile of candy. King Pig was hiding under the desk, full of fears.
Bubbles came, which he also does trick-or-treating. He knocked on the door, and the zombie pigs opened the door. He said to them that he wants candies. He saw a huge pile of candy and passes over the zombie pigs. He stuffed his bag with candies, but King Pig noticed it. Bubbles brought his bag back to his hideout, but one of the zombie pigs pull his bag. Bubbles also tightly pulled his bag, like a tug of war. But the zombie pig's teeth were dentures. His teeth chase the zombie pig, and it ran away.
Bubbles laughed about it, but the zombie pigs blocked his way to his hideout. He then fights the zombie pigs. King Pig was amazed and proud of him. He hits some zombie pigs using a weighted ball connected to a chain. When he saw the zombie pig, he twists the lollipop around him and laughed. King Pig collects the lollipop directly. When he noticed and saw a zombie pig eating fairy floss, he swings him and lets him go right out through the palace window.
The Zombie Pig gets an idea, he rings the bell from a well to wake up and walk out more zombie piggies from their deaths. Bubbles saw them, and shouted, while King Pig gathers some candies in his cart, and brings it. Bubbles inflated himself into a huge size like his powers in the game. The zombie pigs ran away, but they were being thrown, as well as the candies. King Pig also-ran. He hides behind the curtains, but he left the cart with candies in! Bubbles deflated himself and laughed at the zombie pigs.
Then King Pig saw that the cart was empty, and he cried for it. Bubbles felt sorry for King Pig and dropped him a red gumball, which he eats. But then he saw the zombie pig's dentures (false teeth) again, and it started chasing him around the palace, like the zombie pig earlier.
Cast (in order of appearance)
Parodies and References
- The Zombie Pigs pulling apart a piece of candy is a reference to the movie The Lost World.
- This is the eighth episode to have a Pig, Pigs, Pig's, Piggy, Piggies', or Pork name in the title card. Others include Pig Talent, Crash Test Piggies, Hypno Pigs, The Bird That Cried Pig, Green Pig Soup, Piggy Wig, and Pig Plot Potion.
- This is the first Halloween-themed episode of Angry Birds Toons.
- This is the first episode where a kind of pig appears, but the Minion Pigs do not.
- This is the first appearance of Bubbles in Toons.
- This is the fourth episode in a row to have an appearance of King Pig.
- This is the third time King Pig cried. The first was in Sneezy Does It, and the second was in Piggy Wig.
- This is the 11th appearance of King Pig.
- This is the second episode written by Anastasia Heinzl.
- This episode is the first time a bird and a pig have a positive relationship.
- In the Ham'o'ween trailer, King Pig and Bubbles turned out to be enemies. But in the episode, they somehow seem to be friends.
- It's unknown why Bubbles wasn't in a costume. But in Trick or Tweet, the other birds do but didn't appear in this episode.
- It may be possible that King Pig took his candy to the house in the graveyard to hide his candy, also probably that nobody would probably trick-or-treat there.