Nighty Night Terence is the twenty-ninth episode of Angry Birds Toons.
This episode was aired on September 29, 2013.
During the night the pigs try to grab the nest that's resting on a big boulder. But they soon find out that the boulder is actually Terence, who's fast asleep! Will they manage to get the eggs without waking the huge bird up?
Th episode begins with Corporal Pig and his assistants, two Minion Pigs, stealing The Eggs again. this time, they were climbing up the cliff to the top where the Eggs were held. To steal them, Corporal pig tried to use a net to catch the eggs but they were out of reach.
One of the minion pigs then had an idea; vault up onto the structure to steal the eggs using a long pole. He tried to do it near the structure but accidentally hit Corporal Pig with the pole, who angrily ordered him to do it further away. Once he did so, he charged at the structure and vaulted up to get the eggs. However, they were still out of reach. Thinking that it might been just the first minion pig's fault and the fact that the second minion pig was laughing at the failed attempt, Corporal pig ordered him to vault instead. However, he also failed and the structure was soon moving from the double impact. It turned up to face the pigs, revealing to be Terence. Corporal Pig realized he and his assistants were in trouble so in desperation, sang a lullaby to put him back to sleep.
Corporal Pig then used a second plan; shooting plungers to drag down the eggs. The first minion pig misfired, causing Corporal Pig to get mad at him and the second minion pig to try to remove the plunger, just for it to fail. The attempt to remove it awoken Terence again, forcing Corporal Pig to sing the lullaby again, but faster.
Afterwards, Corporal Pig took the plunger gun and proceeded to aim accurately at the eggs but missed, causing the minion pigs to laugh at his failure. Enraged, he proceeded to fire many plungers which all fired onto Terence, making the minion pigs laugh even more. Suddenly, he saw what he could do with the plungers; use them as a stairway for the eggs.
As Corporal Pig climbed the plunger stairway and was about to steal the eggs, Terence awoken and started to roll down the cliff edge. This resulted in Corporal Pig avoiding all the stuck plungers in his failed attempt to get off Terence and holding onto the eggs, all the while singing a panicky lullaby to get Terence to sleep. When they reached the edge, the two minion pigs quickly blocked Terence from rolling off the cliff to ensure that Corporal Pig and the eggs didn't end up falling. Despite that, Corporal Pig still ended up tripping and nearly falling off the cliff but saved himself by grabbing Terence's tail feathers with his teeth. The grabbing action awoken Terence fully. Knowing what the pigs were trying to do, he punished them by rocking back-and-forth and crushing the minion pigs for each motion, knowing that Corporal Pig would not let the eggs off his grasp.
Corporal Pig, in his failing attempting to get Terence to sleep, sang an anguished but proper lullaby. As he went back to sleep, Terence opened his eyes for the last time and winked at the viewers, letting them know he was aware the whole time.
As the credit rolled, Corporal Pig continued to sing a lullaby to Terence while he was crying.
- There are three errors with the title card:
- Terence is not shown with the nest.
- He is also seen sleeping with his face above ground, not buried in the cliff.
- Terence is a lot bigger than he actually is in the episode.
- At 0:07, Terrence is shown to be awake with his eyes open and facing above ground.
- At 1:12, the spot where the plunger was stuck at disappeared from Terence.
- At 1:52, the nest for the eggs disappeared.
- This episode is a reference to a comedy movie Nighty Night.
- This is the second episode to have Terence's name in the title card. First was Gardening With Terence.
- This is the first episode written by Anastasia Heinzl.
- The font style in the title card was the 4th similar font style but it is in color white. The 1st was Sneezy Does It, the 2nd was Hog Roast, and the 3rd was The Bird That Cried Pig.
- This is the fourth episode the whole episode itself takes place at night. First was Pig Talent, second was Thunder Chuck and third was Hamshank Redemption.
- This episode shows that Terence sleeps on his face. According to this episode and previous ones including Terence, there seems to be a running gag where Terence smirks or smiles at the ending of the episode.
- Running Gag: When Corporal Pig sings a lullaby, Terence will fall in a sound sleep.
- Terence breaks the 4th wall by winking towards the screen in the end of the episode.
- The lullaby was originally composed by Johannes Brahms (link => https://youtu.be/t894eGoymio)
- Since Terence is deaf, after the second pig tries to javelin, he opens his eyes and sees the pigs trying to steal the eggs. And at the end of this episode, it shows that Terence knew this the whole time.
- This is the first episode for Terence to open his mouth.
- The pigs used the legendary set Artillery Strike from Angry Birds Epic to shoot and try to get the eggs.
- REDIRECT Template:EpisodesNav