Off Duty is the tenth episode of Angry Birds Toons.
Bomb makes his first appearance in this episode. It was aired on May 19, 2013.
While Red's away, the other birds think it's their chance to play...
The episode starts with Red guarding the Eggs regardless of the weather condition. Days and time passes with Red guarding the Eggs non-stop. However, that causes him to internally stress out, resulting in Matilda sending him off for a vacation and putting Chuck, Jay, Jake, Jim, and Bomb in charge of guarding the Eggs. Red is reluctant on leaving, especially since the other birds were distracted by their own activities, causing Red to know that they would be horrible guards for the Eggs. He leaves, but for every few steps he looked back at them to see them distracted, he screams back at them to guard the Eggs.
While on holiday, Red cannot stop thinking of the Eggs (since the camera showed the scenery being replaced by eggs). Meanwhile back home, the birds are, of course, not protecting the eggs while the Pigs pull a surprise attack from above, defeating the birds and stealing the eggs. Back with Red, he eyes the surrounding scenery when he decides to take some pictures, only for him to see multiple egg-shaped objects, mainly coconuts and rocks. This causes him to destroy his camera with extreme prejudice. Upon seeing the Sun (Of all things) as an egg, he snaps and screams, rushing back to the nest to find the eggs gone, and the birds all defeated.
Red sighs, effortlessly defeats the pigs off-screen and demolishes their castle before returning with the eggs. He then faces the other flock members(except Matilda), who are remorseful of their behavior and inability to protect the eggs while he was away. Although he was angry at first, Red decides to forgive them. The episode ends the flock all the beach, with Red actually relaxing as he decides to bring the eggs with him on his holiday.
- From 0:32 to 0:54, every time Bomb looks away from the Eggs, his eyebrows changed from red to black.
- At 0:31, an ice cream was in Bomb's mouth. However, at 0:33, the ice cream disappeared. It also came back somehow in 0:44 on one of the Blues' heads.
- On the DVD version, when Matilda told the other birds to guard the eggs, the camera disappears.
- At the beginning of the episode, Johann Sebastian Bach's Spring from The Four Seasons plays.
- Unlike the past 2 episodes, the credits say Minion Pig although there were more pigs.
- When Red was seeing eggs everywhere, he thought the sun was an egg. This could be a reference to the original Angry Birds game, as if (now the golden egg is now located on the lamp of the small pig's mining helmet in Mine and Dine's level selection screen) you touch the sun on the level selection screen, you get a Golden Egg.
- The rolling wheel sounds of Red's suitcase were made using a condiment dispenser's handle.
- This is the first time that all the first five flock members have an appearance together.
- This is the last episode to have the original theme song until Slappy-Go-Lucky, as Slingshot 101 has the re-orchestrated theme.