|Release Date:||June 14, 2012 (June 15, 2012 for the PC)|
|Previous Episode:||Cherry Blossom|
|Next Episode:||Back to School|
|Game(s):||Angry Birds Seasons|
Piglantis is the twelfth season in Angry Birds Seasons and the third in Season 2012. It was released on June 14 with other platforms such as PC, which is the second Summer-themed episode, the first being Summer Pignic. The new feature in the game is buoyancy: birds (except Bubbles for some reason), glass, and wood can go in the water and are light enough to be pulled back out of water. Pigs and stones are too heavy to come back up and will sink down until they touch the bottom. Pigs can stay underwater for only a short amount of time before they run out of the air and the pigs are defeated.
This update killed the cutscenes in the first episode of Angry Birds Seasons.
THE LOST CITY OF PIGLANTIS
Long before I was even hatched, there were stories of a legendary lost pig city somewhere to the south of Piggy Island. No one knew where it was for sure, or even if it existed, but everyone knew its name - Piglantis.
- There is a Golden Egg in level 2-4. You must use a Matilda to destroy the coral and then Terence to get it underwater.
- Get all 3 stars on every level.
- Before the episode colors were removed in an update, the representative color they used in Piglantis is kelly green.
- This episode's name is a pun on the fabled underwater city of Atlantis.
- The bird's special actions can be activated underwater including Hal, although his ability is useless underwater.
- The Bad Piggies turned slightly different in appearance, as are the color of the Mighty Eagle and pause buttons.
- The egg that Matilda shoots will not explode if it hits the water. Instead, the ocean current drifts it until it hits an obstacle. The Egg can also explode under the water if it hits the ocean floor or obstacles found under the water (Ex. Seashells, Starfish, Coral, & Blocks).
- If a Bomb explodes underwater, the explosion sound effect will be muffled.
- The Octopus Pig is on the loading screen, even though he wasn't in the episode.
- The theme has changed on the update of Back to School, making Piglantis the fourth episode to have 2 different theme songs, with the first two being Moon Festival and Hogs and Kisses, and the third being Year of the Dragon and 5th being Winter Wonderham.
- It is alike to Pig Dipper in Angry Birds Space.
- This update gave Trick or Treat a new ending cutscene.
- Small and Medium Birds will float, but bigger birds will sink, along with Bubbles' inflation.
- The Haunted Hogs update added Angry Birds fishing lures into the background.
|Angry Birds Seasons Episodes|
|Seasons 2010|| |
|Seasons 2011||Hogs and Kisses • Go Green, Get Lucky • Easter Eggs • Summer Pignic • Moon Festival • Ham'o'ween • Wreck the Halls|
|Seasons 2012||Year of the Dragon • Cherry Blossom • Piglantis • Back to School • Haunted Hogs • Winter Wonderham|
|Seasons 2013||Abra-Ca-Bacon • Arctic Eggspedition|
|Seasons 2014||South Hamerica • Ham Dunk • On Finn Ice|
|Seasons 2015||Tropigal Paradise • Invasion of the Egg Snatchers • Ski or Squeal|
|Seasons 2016||Fairy Hogmother • Marie Hamtoinette • Summer Camp • Piggywood Studios • Hammier Things • Ragnahog|
|Bonus Episodes||Pig Days|