|Red's Mighty Feathers|
|Episode number||9 (Bonus before 3.3.0)|
|Levels||15 (plus 15 Egg Defender levels)|
|New features||Red's power.|
|Released||July 3, 2013|
|Bad Piggies||Short Fuse|
Red's Mighty Feathers is the ninth Angry Birds episode. It was originally a non-sequential episode consisting of a new style of gameplay known as "Egg Defender", but negative feedback from fans caused the V3.3.0 update to revise it as the ninth episode, with 15 standard levels that follow standard Angry Birds gameplay. It compromises the 24th theme, acting as a direct followup to the previous episode, and also includes Egg Defender in its entirety.
The updated changed the original theme into the Angry Birds Trilogy theme, though it was changed after.
The levels use items from Bad Piggies but with new parts added which are the Bubble Blower and Vacuum . Also, the Sound Effects from Bad Piggies appear and the Umbrella color is yellow instead of Black, but the Black Umbrella from Bad Piggies could be seen In Level 24-13 which are in afew bits of a cave under the platform.
The episode takes place on Cobalt Plateaus.
Unlike the other episodes in the game, rather than Flash animation cut-scenes, this episode uses a comic book/strip-style format with still image panels telling the narrative, similar to Angry Birds Rio 's cut-scenes and the Angry Birds Friends! cutscenes.
This is the first episode that has a bird's name in the title and the second time a bird appeared on an Episode icon. The first one was Wreck The Halls.
Gameplay (Egg Defender Mode)
Each player is given unlimited Red's and set with one egg in this episode. The player tries protecting the egg while the pigs try to steal the egg.
- When a pig is missed, the launches don't count.
You have unlimited birds, but you can only attack with Red (and his new power).
You can see the video below.
- In the old intro, the Mighty Eagle simply grants Red with the feathers, directly after that, Corporal Pig swoops in and takes the Eggs, which may be hinting that Mighty foreshadowed the events.
- In the new intro, Red is tired of being the only bird without powers, then Mighty gives Red the feathers, which gives the birds a huge advantage.
- While it is not a true Angry Birds episode for containing different gameplay, the Egg Defender minigame is regarded as "Theme 25" since the first theme of the next chapter is Theme 26, despite Theme 25 being labeled with a feather instead of an actual number on both the level select screen and the pause screen.
- When Red activates his power, he looks like what he did during the Angry Birds Toons episode Slingshot 101.
- What King Pig was planning was Professor Pig's lab.