The Retro Games tournament is a tournament on Angry Birds Friends!. It happened in:
- Tournament 2015: (March 2nd to March 8th, 2015)
- Octournament 2019: (June 17th to June 19th, 2019)
- Tournament 2 2019 (June 20th to June 21st, 2019)
- Tournament 3 2019 (June 22nd to June 23rd, 2019)
- Octournament 2020 (February 17 to February 19th 2020)
- Tournament 2 2020 (February 20th to February 21st 2020)
- Tournament 3 2020 (February 22nd to February 23rd 2020)
It's a Retro-styled tournament, containing various things from old games such as Pacman, Megaman, etc. But the best thing from this tournament is the Super Mario Pig and the Chiptune theme introduced in the 2019 tournament.
The whole background is 16-Bit styled. There are a bunch of snowy mountains and the Crown Mountains in the background. There are also bushes in both the background and foreground.
It's an electronic background which is a net with a bunch of connections with glowing spots that are blue. In the foreground, there are 16-bit bricks.
It featured several things such as:
- Super Mario Pig: A strong 16-Bit pig, which drops coins and makes a pipe warp sound when defeated. He is based on Mario but lacks the M on the hat.
- Pixels: Comes in various colors. They are easy to destroy.
- Coins: Easy to destroy objects which make a sound that is similar to the one from Mario.
- Hearts: Easy to destroy objects which give 5000 points when destroyed.
- Orange Rupee: Easy to destroy objects which give 5000 points when destroyed. They are based on the ones from The Legend Of Zelda.
- Atari Breakout Ball: They are 16-Bit easy to destroy objects and give 5000 points when destroyed, they can bounce.
- Coin Block: They are 16-Bit easy to destroy objects and are from Super Mario Bros . They were Exclamation Blocks in the 2015 tournament but are Interrogation Blocks in the 2019 one.
- Cherry: They are 16-Bit easy to destroy objects and are based on the ones from Pacman.
- Megaman Hat: A pig's wear.
- Band: A pig's wear. They are based on the one that Spirits Bill wears in the game Contra.
- Link Hat: A pig's wear. They are based on the one that Link wears in the game The Legend Of Zelda.
- Sonic Quills Hat: Another pig's wear. It's from Sonic The Hedgehog.
- Super Sonic Quills Another pig's wear. It's from Sonic The Hedgehog.
- Dr. Eggman Pig: An angry pig with orange moustache and goggles. Also from Sonic The Hedgehog.
- Master Sword: Another easy to destroy object. It's based on the one from The Legend Of Zelda.
- Jumpman Hammer: Another easy to destroy object. It's based on the one from Donkey Kong.
- Red Potion: Another easy to destroy object.
- In some levels, there are structures that resmble the castle from Super Mario Bros, for exemple, level 2 of Tournament 1 2015.
- In the levels, there's a pixel art structure that resembles the aliens from Space Invaders.
- In level 3 of Tournament 1 resembles Atari Breakout.
- In level 5 of Tournament 1,there's a Pixel Art structure that resembles Bubble Bobble.
- In some levels, there are structures that resemble Pac-Man.
- In levels of Tournament 2 and 3, there's a structure that resembles the castle of Hyrule from The Legend Of Zelda.
- In levels of Tournament 2 and 3, there's a structure that resmbles the first level of the arcade version of Donkey Kong.
- In levels of Tournament 2 and 3, there are pixel art structures that resemble the Mushrooms from Super Mario World .
- In levels, there's an orange pixel art structure that resembles Samus from Metroid.
- Most of the levels
- In level 3 of Tournament 3 2020, there's a blue pixel art structure that resembles the sprite of Sonic in Sonic The Hedgehog 3 and & Knuckles Sonic & Knuckles
- Along with it, Dr. Eggman pig is in a stone mobile with a claw that is holding a rupee, which resembles Dr. Eggman stealing the Master Emerald in his Egg Mobile.
- Some levels of Tournament 3 2020 resemble various parts of Sonic The Hedgehog.