|First Appearance||Ground Hog Day 1-1|
|Species||Pig (Sus scrofa domesticus)|
|Locations||Bad Piggies, Angry Birds Epic (As Prince Porky)|
|Strength||Very high or indestructable|
Ross (also known as Freckled Pig), is a character in Bad Piggies. He is a basic pig the player controls in the game Bad Piggies and the secondary antagonist in The Angry Birds Movie while Leonard is the main one. He usually reacts to how you control the vehicle. Also he will be frightened or enthusiastic. Ross can propel gray wheels, fans, propellers, spring-loaded boxing-gloves and suction-cup wheels. When the player is stuck, Mechanic Pig fixes the vehicle that Ross rides. Ross appears in Angry Birds, in the Bad Piggies cut-scenes.
Ross additionally appears on Angry Birds Epic as Prince Porky where Wiz Pig (Chef Pig) & himself tries to steal the eggs for King Pig with a troops of Minion Pigs. He was commonly referred to as ''Freckles'' by fans, until Rovio revealed his name to be Ross. Ross has also been through various disguises, from a gentleman to a clown, and been in several vehicles.
A pig similar to him appears in Angry Birds MakerSpace .
He is a Minion Pig, but with freckles, whom sports a talent for creating and piloting vehicles.
Ross is Leonard’s right hand pig. While he’s not the smartest pig of the bunch, he approaches his job with great enthusiasm. Whether serving as a piggy diplomat greeting the birds with warm hugs or attempting to operate contraptions like zip lines and escalators, Ross is usually doing it with a dumb smile on his face and a perky curl on his tail.
Assisting Leonard Mudbeard
During an unknown point in his life, Ross met the future king of Piggy Island - Leonard Mudbeard. He later began assisting him and accompanying him during the Bird Island Expedition. He disembarked from The Porkchop Express along with Leonard offering hugs but oddly refusing the Hug Trader, who was saddened.
Involvement in the Great Egg War
- In some images made by Rovio, it is revealed that Ross owns a house, a pig-shaped balloon, and a toy plane.
- Before the announcement of The Angry Birds Movie, where it was revealed that Freckled Pig would be called "Ross", Rovio released an comment where they say that Ross (yet unnamed at the time) had an actual name, but it was hard to pronounce, so fans started nicknaming him Freckles.
- Ross is voiced by Tony Hale in The Angry Birds Movie, who also voices the Mime Bird and Cyrus in the film as well.
- As seen in Pigs Can Fly, Ross has the hidden talent of singing. However, the actual singing was not really sung by a person, but a person under autotune.
- It is implied that Ross is a diplomat (mentioned above in "Personality"). It is also known he has close ties to King Pig, even transporting him around in his vehicles.