|New features||Various features|
|Released||November 26, 2013|
|Red's Mighty Feathers||Flock Favorites|
Short Fuse is the tenth episode of Angry Birds and adds the 26th, 27th, and 28th themes. In this chapter, Bomb gains a new power called "Shockwave", and is able to zap pigs and push other blocks and objects.
In this episode, the pigs have stolen the eggs again and have escaped to a laboratory. Nearby, Bomb is standing in a puddle of a purple potion, gains the new shockwave power.
On the first level, the player is given Bomb with electrical shock wave powers. When activated, Bomb electrocutes all pigs in his blast radius, and strongly repulses outer objects. After the first few levels, Shockwave is unlocked as a powerup, which then can be used in other levels.
Short Fuse has a new gimmick: Potions. When a pig is hit by a potion, it can have special effects, and can be useful in clearing a level faster.
- Orange Potion: When this potion falls onto a pig, it will inflate into a very large pig, then deflates like Bubbles.
- Blue Potion: When this potion falls onto a pig, the pig will spin at first and split into 3 more, like Jay, Jake, and Jim.
- Pink Potion: When this potion falls onto a pig, the pig will mutate into a pig-shaped bubble, causing him to lift all nearby objects and even pigs, then it pops. The potion is similar to the power of Stella.
- Purple Potion: Acts as a bomb; does not appear in any level, only in cutscenes.
Short Fuse Short
- A T-Shirt featuring Bomb's new power was made, and was seen on the pause menu.
- This is the second chapter to have the Chrome designs of the Bad Piggies. The first was Red's Mighty Feathers.
- This update changed the Trilogy theme into the original theme.
- It also added ".tv" to the Toons symbol.
- This is the second chapter that changes an original bird's powers to newer ones. The first was Red's Mighty Feathers, when Red is able to target pigs in a similar fashion to Lazer Bird from Angry Birds Space.
- The last theme update changed the pigs and some certain objects into their new designs from Angry Birds Chrome
- In the trailer, it is shown that Bomb owns a virtually indestructible tablet resembling a iPad. Bomb appears on the back of the said tablet.
- During the first version of the episode, the Golden Egg #31 was the only level able to reach one million points.
- When you finished all levels in this episode, you'll get a Blue Potion bottle and if you gain three golden stars in each level, a star will be placed on the Blue Potion.
- Some levels involve canisters that shoot out like rockets when touched by objects and birds. It is like the fireworks from Year of the Dragon and Rocket Rumble.
- There are TNT balloons which rarely appear throughout the episode. These act like the balloons in Red's Mighty Feathers and Danger Above, except that when the birds hit them, they will explode.
- In the last level of Short Fuse, King Pig is dressed as Albert Einstein, a famous scientist.
- Short Fuse was also one of the few episodes to be released in two parts, the other being Danger Above.
- It is the second time that the birds are not seen at the nest in the intro cutscene, then they appear at the right. The first one was The Big Setup's intro cutscene.
- The Golden Egg level in Short Fuse has reversed gravity, which makes it the only Angry Birds level to have reversed gravity.
- In the last cutscene, unlike the other episodes, the King Pig has finally completely defeated while in the other episodes, the King is still able to open his left eye.
- This is the only episode that Jay Doesn't appear in second thirth or final cut scene