To see images of Silver, please go to her gallery.
Silver is a character in the Angry Birds series of games created by Rovio Entertainment. She was introduced in 2015 as a new character for the first official sequel to Angry Birds, Angry Birds 2. After her first appearance in Angry Birds 2, she has since then only appeared in one other Angry Birds installment, Angry Birds Transformers and few other.
- 1 Personality
- 2 Silver's Involvement in Angry Birds
- 2.1 Angry Birds 2
- 2.2 Angry Birds Transformers
- 2.3 Angry Birds Blast!
- 2.4 Angry Birds POP!
- 2.5 Angry Birds POP Blast
- 2.6 The Angry Birds Movie 2
- 3 Gallery
- 4 Appearances
- 5 Trivia
- 6 References
Silver's Description From the Angry Birds 2 Website:
"A dazzling young bird with a goofy sense of humor and incredible flying skills".
Silver's Description From the Angry Birds Magazine:
"Weirdly, Silver was raised by pigs and doesn't even care about the eggs! But even though she's still got some pig-like ways, she's happier with the flock and is a great flyer who is very funny!
Silver was initially a stolen egg by the pigs, who were just about to cook the egg until it had cracked open. Thus, Silver was born, and the pigs took her in as their own. Because of this, Silver notably has multiple physical and mental traits of the pigs, having a very goofy sense of humor and even having the same exact teeth as the pigs.
Not much else is known about Silver, personality-wise.
Silver's Involvement in Angry Birds
Angry Birds 2
Silver is first introduced in Angry Birds 2, in level 24 of New Pork City. After her debut, Silver will appear in all the themes afterward as a playable character. In the new version, she can be unlocked at any time with a key.
Silver is an extremely difficult character to work with. Her ability is very versatile, but it comes at a cost. Not only will multiple obstacles prevent her from striking down (if the player so chooses to do so), Silver usually never will hit the structure the player wishes. It is often for her to miss, hitting another block or entirely not being able to knock the structure down. Additionally, unless the player has a tall structure to knock over, Silver will not do much damage to the level.
Silver is also extremely weak. The game states multiple times as "tips" that Silver is extremely good at demolishing stone, but this fact falls extremely far from the truth. Silver is capable of destroying 1, perhaps 2 stone blocks with ease, but afterward will just immediately stop in her tracks. This effect is the same for wood and glass.
It is also not preferred to use her to take out the last pig or get extra points by demolishing a structure. She is extremely unreliable in these situations. If there is a bit far from a pig or a pig that needs to be hit at a certain angle, Matilda is much easier and more reliable to use.
However, Silver is extremely good at bringing harm to bosses. If you hit a boss (Chef, Foreman, or King Pig) with her using her ability, she will take out a rather large chunk of the pig's health.
Angry Birds Transformers
Silver appears in Angry Birds Transformers and is given her first counterpart character along with her first appearance outside her debut. (Angry Birds 2) This is currently Silver's only outside appearance and character counterpart. (along with her first 3D model)
Unlike all the other characters, even Bomb and The Blues, who hadn't appeared in the game originally, Silver does not make any appearances in the official comics or animations. This becomes very complicated, as the comics started out with the birds and pigs turning into the robots, and resolved the issue, making all the characters revert to themselves. Silver was nowhere to be seen, as she hadn't even been part of Red's flock, so it is unknown if it can actually be considered canon.
As described in the game,
Windblade and Silver have a lot in common - Windblade was raised on Caminus rather than Cybertron and Silver was raised by the Pigs! Talk about being born in a barn! It sure beats being turned into a cyber-omelet though!
Even though she may be an outsider, she knows which side to fight for and doesn't hesitate to get stuck into the battle for Piggy Island! I certainly wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of those expert sword skills!
They say every cloud has a silver lining, and on Piggy Island, this is quite literary true! You'll often see Windblade flying through the clouds at supersonic speeds, doing loop-the-loops and barrel rolls. When she sees some blue sky, she sometimes skywriters rude messages to the Eggbots!
Windblade's weapon unleashes a trio of superfast, unstable balls of energy. The projectile's unstable nature causes them to repulse upwards! Windblade has expert depth perception and knows just how to sling these projectiles, so don't worry about hitting what you're aiming at.
Silver is part of the "Valkyries" squad.
When shooting towers, make sure to aim higher up than usual. If you aim too low the projectiles might hit the floor before they get to the target.
She makes a small appearance with Bubbles in the Royal Marriage Sale Artwork, she wears a bridal veil and has black hair that covers her head, she is seen marrying the orange bird.
Silver is first introduced in Angry Birds POP, as a guest character, unlike other games, her ability is not to loop.
Silver appears in the game as a Guest Star in events that start in random dates, her ability in the game is to launch a Star Pop, which makes a Star shaped explosion.
Silver is first introduced in Angry Birds POP Blast, unlike other games, her ability is to loop.
"Wait, who's that? And why she has all those achievement awards?"
–Silver, The Angry Birds Movie 2
Silver's appearance has almost no resemblance to the original Silver, as she sports a lighter plumage and hot pink eyebrows. Unusual for any Bird, her crest is designed in such a way that it can be tied into two long braids. She is also very tall, with thin, yellow, scaly legs whose length is only rivaled by that of Stella. She has a small beak.
Silver is really smart and has won many awards, she is also not so serious on the adventure and loves her brother Chuck.
Silver is initially disappointed that no one recognizes her achievements, but finally gets an opportunity to change that when Red chooses to allow her to lead the mission to destroy Zeta's superweapon partway through and successfully completes it. Red goes on to insist on the others that she be honored for that victory.
Unlike the Angry Birds 2 game, Silver has never held a personal grudge against Pigs and had not taken part in the Great Egg War despite the Pigs' initial hunger for stealing Eggs and hostility against the Birds. She thus has no problem welcoming Leonard, the first Pig she had ever met in her life.
Skills and abilities
Silver is very intelligent and has crafted a variety of inventions, with one of them being superstring, which she readily has on hand to use as a grapple. She also has some acrobatic skills, and can also use one of her crest-braids as a grapple itself. She can also perform a huge number of calculations on the fly to anticipate what is happening in very tense, action-packed situations then uses them to immediately come up with and take the best action possible.
Behind the scenes
Silver is voiced by Crazy Ex-Girlfriend actress Rachel Bloom. The film artists were given the original look of Silver and decided to make drastic, significant changes to her design so that she would look almost completely different because they were aiming for a "cuter" look. She was originally going to be a vulnerable character with a more limited role, but was changed into a very important one in the final cut. After the design for Silver was finalized, character artist Francesca Natale once thought up of the idea of having her being able to fly by spinning her crest and tail like helicopter blades, which was ultimately scrapped.
- Her appearance is similar to Monday, a bird from Angry Birds Evolution.
- In Sambil, (A shopping of Caracas, Venezuela), Silver has a poster in "Cines Unidos".
- A sculpture of Silver's face can be seen in the background of some levels of Angry Birds POP 2, as part of the monument of the Bird-Pig alliance formed from the remains of Mighty Eagle's cave. This and the Birds' continued partnership with the Pigs in the game's plot confirms that it is set after the events of The Angry Birds Movie 2.
- Silver has nothing related to her original counterpart, only the colour, she doesn't even use her ability in the movie, only does a back flip, which has nothing to do with a 360 degree looping.
- Maybe it's a different bird, as this Silver never met a pig.
Silver has appeared in the following media:
- Angry Birds 2
- Angry Birds Transformers
- Angry Birds POP!
- Angry Birds Blast! (Small Appearance)
- The Angry Birds Movie 2
- Despite being an Autobird, Windblade Bird uses Deceptihog Materials to upgrade.
- Windblade Bird also reuses a few Minion-Pig-as-jet-characters animations, notably her "eager anticipation" idle when waiting inside Astrotrain for the score tallies.
- This and the fact that she uses Deceptihog Materials to upgrade may be about the fact that she was raised by the pigs in the normal Angry Birds story.
- Silver is the only character in Red's flock to not have appeared in the original Angry Birds game.
- She is also the only character to be used freely at any time by player choice.
- Silver has a similar ability to Poppy and Tony. However, Silver does a 360-degree loop before plummeting down, which allows players more freedom to hit certain structures.
- There is indeed an official Silver plush, but it has only been offered in Angry Birds 2 Birdday competitions and is not for sale in any official Angry Birds Merchandise sources. Thus, few actually own the plush. It's good to stay tuned for them so you can win one.
- Silver along with Matilda, Stella, and Hal are the only four birds without a Space counterpart and she along with Bubbles and Hal are the three birds without a Stars Wars counterpart
- It also was offered in magazines as a giveaway.
|( · · · · ) · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·|