Slingshot 101 is the eleventh episode of Angry Birds Toons.
This episode was aired on May 25, 2013.
Red teaches the Blues a lesson when he finds them messing around with the slingshot, but he soon finds the boot on the other foot.
- The Eggs
- Jay, Jake, and Jim
- Minion Pigs
- King Pig (Cameo in Red's imagination)
- Chef Pig (Cameo in Red's imagination)
Red was protecting The Eggs until he saw Jay, Jake, and Jim horsing around on the slingshot. He walked over to them and while he did that, three Minion Pigs covered by a bush slowly moved towards the eggs. Red told the Blues to stop, but they just ignored him and went back to playing on the slingshot. Red continued watching the eggs when he heard something suspicious coming from the nearby bush. Just as he was about to investigate the bushes, he saw the Blues playing on the slingshot again.
Deciding that teaching the Blues how to use the slingshot was more important than what made the bushes suspicious, Red went over to them again and showed them how to use the slingshot properly. While he did so, he noticed the three minion pigs stealing the eggs. He screamed and accidentally launched himself. He then crashed into a cliff nearby, causing the Blues to laugh at him.
Once Red gotten out of the cliff, he saw the Blues and the pigs in a fight. He then imagined the Blues being violently abused and tied around the slingshot, body-damaged by the three minion pigs while the eggs were being taken. Then King Pig laughing evilly, Chef Pig cooking the eggs and King Pig eating them. Red grimaced at his imagination, screamed, and angrily rushed down as fast as he could to where the Blues are, but before he could strike the pigs with an attack, he saw that the eggs were still there. He then turned around to see that the Blues have defeated the minion pigs, who then proceeded to launch them away with the slingshot. He praises them for knowing how to use a slingshot properly and later on, Red and the Blues were performing tricks with their skateboards on the slingshot.
In the credits, Red can be heard having fun on the Slingshot.
- The theme song of Angry Birds Toons has a piece of re-orchestrated music. It remains the music of Do As I Say! when Matilda saves the eggs from the pig.
- There are similarities between this episode and Do as I Say!:
- When Red imagines that the King Pig will eat the Eggs, King Pig's laugh voice is a slightly higher pitch of his regular voice. Also, the stalks on King Pig's crown are drooping. However, in the episodes he appeared in reality, the stalks on his crown are sticking straight up. The drooping crown might be a reference to surrealism.
- If you look closely at the bottom of the bush the Pigs are in, you can see Pig hooves.
- One of The Blues that pretended to be Red made the face the Blues normally had in early cinematic trailers.
- In this episode and Off Duty it seems that when the eggs are in danger, Red can move extremely fast, covering the whole distance from the cliff to the slingshot in a matter of seconds.
- Part of this episode was used in a Dave & Busters commercial.
- The Pig corpses when they are about to be launched resemble the ones from the Back to School Short Animation.
- The imagination scene is referenced in the Game Over screen of Angry Birds 2.
- Even though Chuck doesn't appear in this episode, Red ran as fast as he did.
|Angry Birds Toons Season 1||· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·|
|Angry Birds Toons Season 2|
|Angry Birds Toons Season 3|
|Piggy Tales: Pigs at Work|
|Piggy Tales: Third Act||· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·|
|Piggy Tales: 4th Street||· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·|
|Angry Birds Zero Gravity|| · ·