|Release Date:||November 22, 2011|
|Previous Episode:||Airfield Chase|
|Next Episode:||Market Mayhem|
|Game(s):||Angry Birds Rio|
Smugglers' Plane is the sixth episode in Angry Birds Rio. Hal and Bubbles make their debut in this episode. The first half was released on November 22, 2011 while the second half was released on January 26, 2012.
While it was believed that Smuggler's Plane would be the final episode of Angry Birds Rio, Rovio announced via their blog that "We’ll still be creating great new content for Angry Birds Rio based on deleted scenes and extras from the movie. So keep your eyes peeled for even more great Angry Birds Rio levels coming up soon!"
The ending cut-scene first shows the caged bird species, flying back to Rio, followed by Nigel flying through the plane's propeller, becoming a corpse. The Birds finally hijack the plane and pilot it off.
The second part shows a single panel of the Birds on the plane flying back to Piggy Island and away from Rio. The Pigs, seeing the eggs, are ready to steal them until the plane comes down and crashes. The cut-scene ends with the Birds, who have survived the plane crash, once again happily watching over their eggs, with the Pigs spying on them, hiding behind the wreckage.
- This is the only time in the game where the Pigs appear as themselves unlike Carnival Upheaval, where they were balloons.
- There is an extra Rio level when you earn all of the golden fruits. The level contains a bunch of pig balloons and in the middle is an actual King Pig balloon.
- The cutscene where the birds escape and Nigel loses his feathers is a level itself, not a cutscene.
- In newer versions, the game can ask if the player needs help with the level and recommend him to get a free Sling Scope for 5 minutes by watching an ad.
- The level will fail and the game will ask if the player needs an extra bird, if the bird denies, the level will fail and the full cutscene won't be shown.