Following the success of boss fights in Angry Birds Rio. Angry Birds Space brought back this kind of system starring the Bad Piggies. Unlike the bosses in Angry Birds Rio where all of them only moves avoids the attacks, most of the bosses in Angry Birds Space are given ability to attack the birds by creating obstacles. Almost all of the bosses are King Pig riding several types UFOs with it's own attacks, strategy and methods. Each bosses are given 5 hits except Robo-Pig Saucer who only takes 3 hits and UFO Miner that only takes one hit. Smaller episodes such as Fry Me to the Moon and Solar System doesn't play boss theme at the end of the level. The only episode that doesn't feature any bosses are Danger Zone as the episode itself is incredibly hard as boss levels.
- 1 Boss Levels
- 2 Episode Bosses
- 3 Trivia
These bosses are fought at the end of each episodes and has boss theme played.
First Boss Level
- Episode: Pig Bang
- Level: 1-30
- Boss: King Pig's UFO Tank
- Attacks: King Pig shoots out bubbles containing either vegetables or asteroids, he also moves around the map.
- Method: Just shoot the birds at the bubbles with asteroids. The vegetable bubbles have no effect other than giving points. Bomb can also damage the King Pig too.
Second Boss Level
- Episode: Cold Cuts
- Level: 2-30
- Boss: King Pig's UFO Saucer
- Attacks: King Pig just flies around in an attempt to avoid your attacks. Some asteroids were dropped down shielding the UFO
- Method: Use the frozen asteroids to hit him. Some birds work too, and, if you are lucky, you may even freeze the King Pig with the Ice Bird. If Bomb's explosion hits one of the saucer's claws when it's destroyed, it'll be destroyed as well. All birds go through it too.
Third Boss Level
- Episode: Utopia
- Level: 4-30
- Boss: Enormous Fat Pig
- Attacks: The Ravenous Fat Pig spins avoiding projectiles while eating popcorn. He will spits the smaller birds.
- Method: Shoot the cornucopia that shoots popcorn to make it shoot black popcorn, which hurts him. After enough popcorn is on the fat pig, the cornucopia will not shoot anymore popcorn, so destroy the popcorn on the fat pig, you can also shoot asteroids in his mouth, birds and black popcorn work too, but only Black Bird and Big Brother Bird are the only birds that can do a sufficient amount of damage.
Fourth Boss Level
- Episode: Red Planet
- Level: 5-30
- Boss: The Pigs Curiosity Rover (4 Pigs riding it)
- Minions: Foreman Pig
- Attacks: The Rover just moves around, the Foreman Pig does nothing, though. however the lava steams changes it's spot
- Method: The Pigs are riding the Rover, there are also gravitational sections, and the Foreman pig is outside the atmosphere, making him hard to hit. The Rover goes in circles, so shoot the pigs on the rover, it shoule be cautious cause the lava steam changes it's boiling spot affecting the birds' trajectory. After the Pigs in Rover were cleared, simply uses Lazer Bird to hit Foreman Pig so easily.
Fifth Boss Level
- Episode: Pig Dipper
- Level: 6-30
- Boss: King Pig's UFO Submarine
- Attacks: King Pig spins orbiting the fish planet, sometimes the engine was off prompting the UFO dives under the water then rises slowly.
- Method: Use the TNT boxes, King Pig will occasionally lower, making him hard to hit. Try to wait until he rises back up, then hit him again, repeat this one more time, the Eggsteroid is freed and King Pig is defeated. Shooting anchors and heavy birds, such as Bomb and Terence, work as well.
Sixth Boss Level
- Episode: Cosmic Crystals
- Level: 7-30
- Boss: Alien Pig's Saucer
- Attacks: The saucer will try to absorb anything in the field, it also spins around. Release a crystal planet every spin when he turns to the right side.
- Method: Try to pop the bubbles with Asteroid inside then make sure the Saucer absorb the Asteroid and takes a damage, Bomb and Terence also work as well to make a damage.
Seventh Boss Level
- Episode: Beak Impact
- Level: 8-20
- Boss: King Pig's UFO Miner and The Giant Black Hole
- Minions: Pig-shaped spaceship x23
- Attacks: Send six waves of spaceship from the black hole. 2-5 ships per wave.
- Method: Use as least birds as possible and use asteroids as later as possible to get three stars. Use any birds to kill the boss.
Eighth Boss Level
- Episode: Beak Impact
- Level: 8-40
- Boss: King Pig's UFO Miner (Damaged)
- Minions: Pig-shaped spaceships (Not necessary to be cleared)
- Attacks: Send 2-3 Pig-shaped spaceships per wave, Shielded with 4 panel doors.
- Method: Use as least birds as possible. Use birds to destroy some switches to open the gate for finish the king pig.
Ninth Boss Level
- Episode: Brass Hogs
- Level: 9-30
- Boss: King Pig's Brass Hogs Fortress
- Minions: 2x Pigs
- Attacks: 2 moving doors.
- Method: First, take out the two pigs in the left compartments. Second, Blow the doors in front of King Pig.
These levels are special from others as it doesn't feature boss fight at the end level episode. As the result, the main antagonist for these episodes are special normal enemies that appears in all levels. These bosses also doing nothing waiting to be popped.
First Episode Boss
Second Episode Boss
Third Episode Boss
- Episode: Mirror Worlds
- Level: M1-1 to M9-30
- Boss: Hektor Porko
- Note: the mirror levels that was formerly a normal boss fight plays the boss theme.
Danger Episode Boss
- Episode: Danger Zone
- Level: D-1 to D-30
- Boss: Bad Piggies in Danger Zone
- Note: the boss is not a specific character but the episode itself.
- Enormous Fat Pig, The Pigs Curiosity Rover and Alien Pig are the only main bosses that wasn't a King Pig.
- Enormous Fat Pig is the only boss that doesn't ride any kind of vehicle. however it spit smokes when damaged and has UFO explosion when defeated.
- The Pigs Curiosity Rover is the only boss vehicle that doesn't explode.
- Enormous Fat Pig, UFO Submarine and Alien Pig's Saucer are the bosses that steal an Eggsteroid at the beginning cutscene. After those bosses were destroyed, the stolen Eggsteroid was released.
- The Eggsteroids from Enormous Fat Pig and Alien Pig's Saucer are same to the ones that being used to teleport into Bonus Level while the one from UFO Submarine are unique sprite.
- 3 Eggsteroids at Brass Hogs cutscenes may be the ones that were retrieved from Ravenous Fat Pig, UFO Submarine and Robo-Pig Saucer.
- 7-30 and 8-20 feature Black Hole.
- In the 2.1.0 game files, There is a second UFO Miner dubbed "MINER" with an unused Drill and some smaller hands on the sprite sheet.
- The Brass Hogs Fortress is not a true vehicle but made of rocks with some parts are taken from UFO Tank and UFO Miner.
- Each boss level has a different failed screen:
- Pig Bang and Cold Cuts share same failed screen, The King Pig laughing inside the UFO
- Utopia has the Fat Pig eating
- Red Planet feature Foreman Pig laughing
- Pig Dipper has the same King Pig laughing from Pig Bang and Cold Cuts screen, this time without UFO
- Cosmic Crystals has Alien Pig laughing
- Beak Impact feature King Pig smiling
- Mirror Worlds has Hektor Porko smiling
|Protagonists||• • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Antagonists||( • • ) • • • • • • • •|
|Materials and Objects||• • (Object) • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Power-Ups||• • •|
|Cinematic Trailers||• What did Curiosity find on Mars? • Mirror Worlds • Angry Birds Space Solar System Trailer|
|Miscellaneous||The Angry Birds Friends Golden Egg Level • Samsung Galaxy Note • Cutscenes • Comic • A Furious Flight into the Final Frontier • Mattel Sets (Birds in Space • Planet Block)|
|Further Info||Bosses • • Achievements • Free Version • Gallery (Textures & Sprites) • Glitches • List of Levels • • Soundtrack • Unused Content • Version History|