|This article is about the character from the Angry Birds franchise. You may be looking for Stella (disambugation).|
|Main page||Gallery||History and appearances|
- "This particular princess has no prince, nor any need of one. And it's too soon to dance, but thank you."
- — Stella, Angry Birds: Big Movie Eggstravaganza (The Princess and the Clown story)
Stella (also known as the Pink Bird or Girly Bird) is a character in the Angry Birds franchise. She is a teenage galah who enjoys independence and freedom, and prefers to be left alone, specifically by Red. She initially had a great passion for bubble-blowing, but later took an interest in parkour as she got older.
She lived in the Big Tree on Golden Island, until she moved with the Flock on Piggy Island. She first encountered the Flock when the pigs were sent to school in Back to School, and while she usually goes off on her own, she almost always comes back to the Flock to help them when in the Eggs are in trouble, and even went on a vacation to the Amazon rainforest with them during the events of Angry Birds Rio. Stella was also the leader of a separate flock back on Golden Island until she joined the Flock. There, Stella had a major incident were her best friend, Gale, had gone corrupt, leading an army of pigs and trying stealing the mythical Golden Egg and other precious objects.
Stella is a pink round bird with three pink plume feathers on top of her head, blue eyes with eyelashes and a short yellow beak. The color of her breast is light pink and has three black feathers at her back.
In The Angry Birds Movie, Stella appears as a pink anthropomorphic Galah and is identical to her game counterpart but with minor changes. Her pink feathers on top of her head are now five instead of three and the tip of her feather top are dark pink. She also has a long orange feet and has pink arms similar to Red's (though she is surprisingly taller).
Stella was first introduced in the Back to School animation of Angry Birds Seasons and was shown to be a very young, playful personality. She started out as a very childish, though cunning, character, consistently fooling the pigs in the midst of their plot to steal the birds' eggs.
However, once she was re-introduced in the Angry Birds Stella game, she was shown to be significantly older and more mature, with a far deeper-toned voice. She is shown to be a very versatile being, enjoying a wide variety of hobbies, including singing, parkour, skateboarding, rock climbing, and hang gliding, among others. The "bubble" aspect of her character is completely removed in the games.
Stella is shown to be a very energetic and brave character in The Angry Birds Movie, offering to be slung on the slingshot. Due to her aforementioned acrobatic parkour abilities, she is also depicted to be tall, with a wide wingspan and long, slender, scaly legs.
Stella appears to be a mother figure to Luca. She forces him to take baths and keeps him away from Gale, as Stella thinks she is dangerous. Luca also cares about Stella, as when she gains a phobia of flying, Luca tricks her into using her hangglider to save him. Stella forgets her phobia and jumps off the tree with her hangglider to save Luca, showing that she would do anything for his safety.
Poppy is one of Stella's best friends. While they fight often they clearly care for each other. Stella loves to jam with Poppy and her other friends, but she gets annoyed when Poppy gets a little too carried away while playing the drums. Poppy and Stella are seen laughing with each other in promo pictures for the game, showing their enjoyment of each other's company.
Stella and Willow are known to live on Bird Island before the pigs invaded the island, but not much is known about them before their departure to Golden Island.
Stella and Willow are good friends and when Stella is scared of flying Willow is the first to come up with a plan to help her feel better. Willow enjoy's Stella's company and lets her paint alongside her in Own The Sky.
Stella and Dahlia are good friends, but Dahlia often scolds Stella for her actions. Dahlia expects no nonsense out of Stella and is annoyed when she interrupts her during Dahlia's experiments. Nonetheless Dahlia looks to Stella as a daughter figure and partakes in helping her overcome her fear of flight.
Stella used to be best friends with Gale. In the Angry Birds Stella gameplay trailer, a photograph is seen with both Stella and Gale. Unfortunately, the two went separate ways when Gale discovered a crown that put her in command of the pigs. She jumps into an active volcano in order to save Gale from death; and is heartbroken with the loss of her.
When Gale is found alive Stella immediately welcomes her back, forgiving her for leaving the group for the fame from the pigs. She looks after and cares for Gale until she gets better. They then play the song from Rock On! and Gale sings along, showing that they have history of jamming together. Stella is disappointed when Gale instantly goes back to her old ways. In You Asked for It, Stella and Gale reconciled their friendship when she turned her into gold with the golden egg.
Stella, at first, dislikes the minion pigs due to them destroying the vegetation in Golden Island for Gale. She beats many of them in defense.
Although Stella has had rocky history with the pigs, because of her caring nature she lets some pigs sleep in her house. The pigs take advantage and she gets annoyed, but still stands up for them even when the rest of her friends protest.
Due to Stella being a teenager she doesn't like being told what to do, and since Red is the leader, since it's his job to act as a leader. Although, they can get along sometimes in Angry Birds POP!, they seem to be having fun with each other. In other media like Angry Birds comics and Angry Birds Racing, Stella has shown romantic feelings for Red.
- Angry Birds
- Ethan "Mighty" Eagle
- Judge Peckinpah
- The Smurfs
- Papa Smurf
- Hefty Smurf
- Brainy Smurf
- Duolingo Owl
- Gale (former friend)
- Minion Pigs
- King Leonard Mudbeard (enemy turned ally)
- Gargamel and Azreal
- Piggy kingdom
- Eagle Guards
- Robin (rival)
Game and Media Appearances
- Main article: Stella/History and appearances
Stella has appeared in many games, films, and shows in the Angry Birds series.
- In the trailer, Stella is shown to use a bubble stick to produce bubbles, however, this stick is nowhere in the game itself.
- When Stella was transferred into the original game, her and Bubbles were the only two characters who retained their "pre-Chrome" designs.
- In the Angry Birds: Hatching a Universe book, it is revealed Stella went through many changes in development, she was once considered having a blue color. She also resembled many anime characters and the Powerpuff Girls, as said in the book.
- Stella's plush also reveals she once was a much more temperate shade of pink, while currently, she is a light shade of pink.
- Stella is the second bird to be confirmed female at her release. The first is Matilda due to laying eggs with her ability.
- Stella is the first Angry Bird to sport an actual eye color other than black (blue).
- Stella, along with Matilda, Hal, Tony, Silver, and the Ice Bird, and her flock are the only four main birds that don't have a Space counterpart.
- Stella appears at the start of the Angry Birds Toons Trailer but does not appear in the actual TV Series.
- The name "Stella" means "star" in Latin. The "star" translation was also stated in the Angry Birds Stella Interactive Annual 2015.
- She is the only bird to have a consistent soundtrack. It can be heard through the beginning of the episode The Storm, A Fork In A Friendship and Pop The Top in Angry Birds POP!. Another version of her soundtrack can be heard here.
- For the Angry Birds Movie, early concept art for Stella from The Art of The Angry Birds Movie suggested that she would have a large tail. In the film's final cut, she was given a much smaller one.
- In the cancelled game Agri Birds, Stella was in a relationship with Gale (with Stella being Gale's girlfriend).
- When she was first added in Angry Birds 2, there was a glitch where after beating a boss level, Stella would look in the wrong direction during the cutscene where the next boss pig makes his escape with the Eggs. This glitch has been fixed.
- Since the newer updates of Angry Birds Friends, when Stella was launched from a slingshot, she sometimes uses Hal's launch voice (primarily used in Angry Birds Seasons and the newer updates for Angry Birds Classic, and Angry Birds Rio) for some reason.
- Stella appeared in most of the episodes in Angry Birds Stella except for Camp Scary and Piggy Love.
- Angry Birds - Characters - Stella. Angry Birds. Archived from the original on September 5, 2015. Retrieved on September 14, 2021.
|Birds and Allies|
|• • • • • Obama Bird|
|The Angry Birds Movie Characters|
|Playable characters||• • ( • ) • () • • • • • () •|
|Non-playable characters||• • • • • Sonam Kapoor Bird • Matt Damon Bird • • • VIXX • • • • • • • • •|
|Enemies (Accessorized Pigs)||( • • • ) • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Materials and Objects||• • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Power-Ups||• • • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Other||Tournaments • Events • Star Cup • Bird-O-Matic • Ports (Mobile Port • Windows 10 Port) • Achievements • • • Angry Birds Shop • Gallery • Glitches • Unused Content • Version History • Angry Birds: Hatching a Universe|
|Playable characters||Stella • Poppy • Luca • Willow • Dahlia • Gale|
|Enemies||Gale • Handsome Pig • Minion Pig • Boom Pig • Helipig • Space Pig • Big Pig • Muscle Pig • Ninja Pig • Jetpack Pig • Cursed Pig • Zombie Pig • Trainer Pig • Necromancer Pig|
|Materials and Objects||Slingshot • Glass • Wood • Stone • Trampoline • Drums • Explosive Fruit Box • Vortex Box • Box of Coins • Geyser Box • Pig in a Box • Anti-Gravity Box|
|Chapters||1. Branch Out • 2. Beach Day • 3. Cave* • 4. Circus*|
|Miscellaneous||Hammer • Album • New Pigs on the Block • Lost and Found Items • Cutscenes • Coins • Star • XP Stars|
|Further Info||Achievements • Comic-Con Trailer • Gallery (Textures & Sprites) • Glitches • Original Soundtrack • Unused Content • Version History • Level Failed|
|Other Media||Sub-Series • Comic Series • Angry Birds Stella Diaries • Stella: Nana and the Magic English Words • Stella Super Interactive Annual 2015 • Telepods|
|Main article | Gallery | Beta elements | Version history | Achievements | Credits | Glitches | Pre-releases (Countdown) | Re-releases (Create, Turbo Edition)|
|Playable characters||Red | Bomb | Stella | Bubbles | Matilda | Foreman Pig | King Pig | The Blues | Terence | Hal | Corporal Pig | Chuck | Ayrton Senna* | Chronicler Pig*** | Ice Bird***|
|Non-playable characters||Chronicler Pig* | Mechanic Pig* | Minion Pigs|
|Tracks||Seedway | Sub Zero | Air | Rocky Road | Stunt | Weekly Tournament | Jenga|
|Vehicles||Air Guita | Arctic Roller | Barbequick | Barrel Roller | Beach Buggy | Big Boomer | Big Burner | Blue Cornet | Capster | Cool Runner | Cork Wagon | Drum Roller | Ham Glider | Hog Rod | Iron Belt | Matchstick Mobile | Music Maker | Phoenix Star | Pinky Tonk | Point Breaker | Punch Box | Rocket Racer | Royal Snout | Semi-Skinner | Shred Sled | Snow Scoop | Sponge Cruiser | Strike Out | Sty GT | Tar Barreller | Tracked Trekker | Trash Thrasher | Tub Thumper | Woodwind|
|Items||Bird Coins | Blueprint** | Booster (Boost*, Kart Repair*, King Sling, Target Kart*) | Gems | Ticket** | Toolbox**|
|Gimmicks and obstacles||Glass | Stone | TNT | Wood|
|Music||Albums||Angry Birds Go (Original Game Soundtrack)|
|Other||Earth (Piggy Island) | Level Failed | Star | Telepods | Rovio Account | Cancelled sequel|
|*Appears in the 1.0.0 version only|
**Appears in the 2.0.0 version only
|Protagonists||Red (Super Red • Christmas Red • Phantom Bird) • The Blues • Chuck • Matilda • Stella • Bomb • Terence • Hatchlings (Samantha • Vincent • Zoe) • Silver • Piggy McCool • Zeta • Shakira • Dahlia • Luca • Gale • Willow • Poppy • Critters (Bee)|
|Antagonists||King Pig (Former: Gale) • Minion Pigs • Zeta (Former) • Pilot Pig • Billy The Piglet • Mad Hog Mccree • Hams Grubber • Captain Cold Cut • The Jester • Oink the Odious|
|Blockers and Materials||Slingshot • Bubble • Glass • Wood • Stone • Blitzfruit • Smoke Cloud • Splash Fruit • Fruit Bomb • Honeycomb • Lava Bubble • Ash Bubble • Bubble Pod • Picker Pod • Boomshroom • Spores • Pop Fruit • Power Flower • Sandstorm • Spike • Splash Flower • Drums • Fizz Fruit • Spin Fruit|
|Blockers||Bird Boost (Power Pop • Science Pop • Splash Pop • Line Pop • Rock Pop • Triple Threat • Color Pop • Love Pop • Blast Pop • Sonic Pop • Splash Pop • Prize Pop • Royal Pop • Smash Pop • Plunder Pop • Star Pop • Freeze Pop) • Rainbow Bubble• Mighty Eye Sight • Fireball • Crusher • Instant Bird Boost • Color Crush • Mystery Boost|
|Other||Achievements • The Sequel • Gold • Stars • Golden Feathers • Gallery • Glitches • Unused Content • Version History • Level Failed|
|Non-playable characters||Hatchlings | Mighty Eagle | Postman Pig|
|Enemies||Minion Pigs (Special pigs)|
|Bosses||Chef Pig | Foreman Pig | King Pig | Zeta|
|World Map locations||Cobalt Plateaus | Pig City | Bamboo Forest|
|Items||Eggs | Gems | Lives | Apple | Slingshot | Spell (Blizzard, Chili, Golden Duck, Mighty Eagle, Pig Inflator, Sponsored Spells)|
|Gimmicks and obstacles||Score Multiplier Rank | Bumper | Balloon | Glass | Lava | Rocket | Stone | TNT | Water | Wood|
|Activities||Daily Challenge | Clans | The Nest | Mighty Eagle's Bootcamp | The Arena | Rowdy Rumble!|
|Albums||Angry Birds 2 (Original Game Soundtrack)|
|Other||Angry Birds 2 Creators | Earth (Piggy Island (Bamboo Forest, Cobalt Plateaus, Pig City)) | Star | Level Failed | Gallery | Beta elements | Credits | Glitches | Chapters|