|Surf and Turf|
:February 13, 2012
:March 20, 2012
| :Mighty Hoax|
| :Pigini Beach|
Surf and Turf is an episode created first for Angry Birds Friends, and then the original app. It was released when Angry Birds Friends was launched on February 14, 2012. The episode originally consisted of 15 levels at launch, but additional 30 levels were added to it. After that, this episode was also brought to the original Angry Birds with the first 15, but it eventually brought the other 30 with it.
NOT SO MUCH FUN IN THE SUN
When Red heard that King Pig had given his swine subjects the day off, the Flock headed for South Beach, hoping to give the eggs a little sea air. As the birds were warming their feathers in the sun, the sandhogs struck, floating the eggs away on balloons. Time to turn up the heat!
Surf and Turf (Angry Birds Friends)
In Angry Birds Friends, Red, The Blues, and Chuck are at the beach looking at the ocean when suddenly, a balloon appeared and stole the eggs. The birds saw that their eggs were gone. It was the pigs that stole the eggs so it was up to the birds to save the eggs.
Surf and Turf (Original Angry Birds)
- On March 20, 2012, Surf and Turf was released in the original Angry Birds as a non-sequential episode. In that way, it is unnumbered. This was verified with the release of the episode "Bad Piggies" to the original app, numbered as Episode 8.
- This episode is the first new episode to allow players to use Power-Ups. However, they are not necessary to complete levels. Power-Ups were only available in the Facebook app until an update came on August 2, 2012, for the mobile version of this episode. In the update, players will receive a 5 bundle for the first time using the update. A slot machine will give you 1 power-up that has 3 in a row when you play any level to begin playing the game each day. In the v2.3.0 release, 3-starring an episode earns at 5x-bundle of Power-Ups.
- Pigs are seen relaxing and performing common beach-themed activities, such as fishing.
- Rather than Flash animation cutscenes, the Facebook version of this episode uses a comic book/strip-style format with still image panels telling the narrative, similar to Angry Birds Rio's cutscenes. The cutscenes were originally not present in the original Angry Birds app until the update on August 2, 2012. The cutscenes in the app version are just like the other episodes of the app instead of the Angry Birds Friends version.
- Along with the Bad Piggies episode, Bird Island, and Jurassic Pork, this is one of the four Angry Birds Classic episodes to not feature Golden Eggs.
- If you look closely, in the 3rd world, there is a cameo of the Mighty Eagle's cave.
- When you finish Surf and Turf in the mobile app you get a wine glass with lemonade with a straw as a prize. It appears on the title screen.
- This is one of the few episodes in which the Bad Piggies use certain things like wheels and balloons from the game Bad Piggies in the Facebook version's cutscenes, with the others being Red's Mighty Feathers and the episode "Bad Piggies".
- The first cutscene shows the pigs stealing eggs using balloons from Bad Piggies.
- The second cutscene shows the pigs using a cart to get the eggs away from the birds. The wheel resembles that of the one in Bad Piggies.
- The way the pigs stole the eggs is similar to the way how they stole it in Danger Above.
- This is the first episode to use Background theme on level Cut-Scenes. This then happens in Red's Mighty Feathers and Jurassic Pork.
- The beach background from Theme 1 of this Episode was reused in the Summer Tournament from 2014.
- This is the first Summer-Related episode In Angry Birds Friends!. The second is Pigini Beach, which is a sequel to the episode and uses the same background, but during sunset.
- Bubbles does not appear in any of the levels.