TNT (Trinitrotoluene) Crates, also known as dynamite or TNT boxes, are an explosive used by Pigs in Angry Birds. Once struck, the TNT Crates explode, destroying objects within a short radius and send things flying away within a larger one. TNT Crates can prove to be quite useful for the player, since a large, fortified structure can fall when blown up. TNT Crates appear in Angry Birds, Angry Birds Rio, Angry Birds Seasons, Angry Birds Space, Angry Birds: On Thin Ice, Angry Birds Star Wars, Angry Birds GO!, Bad Piggies, Angry Birds Transformers, and Angry Birds 2. They first appear in Theme 2-15 and if hit, they give you five hundred (500) points.
In Angry Birds GO!, TNT Crates serve as common, yet dangerous obstacles. They will blow up when collided into, slowing down the racer who crashed into them.
- In Angry Birds Telepizza, TNT is replaced by Jalapeño Boxes.
- Black Pumpkins act as TNT in Ham'o'ween and Haunted Hogs when destroyed.
- In Red Planet, there are fire meteors that explode in the same way.
- In the Birdday Party update for Angry Birds, there is also a new form of TNT, Exploding Cake. The exploding cake is a black cake with the words "TNT" on it. When hit, it does something a little different. Instead, it turns into frosting like balls and doesn't seem to do much damage from the TNT crate itself, though it has the similar idea.
- In Angry Birds Friends Winter Tournament, there is a gift power up with gifts falling from the sky, then they unwrap into TNT crates, which all explode.
- In Angry Birds Chrome, TNT is replaced by Chrome Bombs in Chrome Dimension.
- In Angry Birds Star Wars and Angry Birds Star Wars II, there are also metal TNT boxes that are harder to explode.