Chuck is on guard duty during a heavy storm, but doesn't want Red to find out that he's scared of lightning.
Chuck is guarding the nest during the night while Red is busy. The Minion Pigs and Corporal Pig sneak up in a cardboard bush, getting closer as Chuck is not looking. Then Chuck notices what appears to be a flash of lightning and afterwards, a sound of thunder. This scares Chuck, who runs into Red, who wonders what was going on. Chuck goes back to his duty. Suddenly, more thunder and lightning occur after a while. Chuck hides himself with a blanket. Corporal Pig looks out from behind the fake bush and laughs until Red arrives. Red comes to the nest for more grass, and when he sees Chuck under his blanket, he wonders what is really going on. When Chuck claims that he is saving the blanket to put around the nest, Red walks away suspiciously.
In reality, the thunder and lightning are fake — the pigs are playing a prank on Chuck. They use a gong for thunder and a camera for lightning. The pigs continue to scare Chuck, until he finally decides to dig into the ground (like a drill). Corporal Pig feels that they had finished the prank and is ready to steal the eggs, but the two Minion Pigs continue to produce fake thunder and lightning. Corporal Pig told the other pigs to stop. Then real lightning bolts from the now gray clouds occur. Corporal Pig thought it was the Minion Pigs still doing the prank and began to leave with the eggs, but then he gets struck by the real lightning. This scares the other two pigs, and they try to escape (getting struck multiple times by lightning in the process).
It starts to rain, and Chuck gets out of the hole he dug into. Chuck notices the eggs are missing and activates his headband and fights Corporal Pig for the eggs. Red returns, shaking off all the water that was on him. He notices that the eggs are far from the nest and gets enraged, but then sees Chuck attacking Corporal Pig. Chuck comes back with the eggs and puts the blanket over them before giving Red an umbrella. Red is pleased, but lightning strikes him while he holds the umbrella. To end, Chuck says, "Oops."
Cast (in order)
- This is the second Angry Birds Toons episode to contain rain, the first being Off Duty, briefly.
- After this episode was announced to come after Slingshot 101, the order of the upcoming episodes became mixed since FOX8 claimed that this episode was the 16th episode, and that the 12th episode was Run Chuck, Run!.
- This is the third episode of Angry Birds Toons to have Chuck's name in the title, with the other two being Chuck Time and Full Metal Chuck, and the fourth being Run Chuck Run.
- This is the fourth Angry Birds Toons episode to have the title change. The first one was Pig Has Talent to Pig Talent, with the second one being A New Friend to True Blue, and the third being Taking a Leave to Off Duty.
- Kim Helminen returns to direct after a 3 episode absence.
- This is the second time Chuck activates his headband, with the first being Chuck Time.
- When the pigs get struck by lightning, their skulls look just like the ones that can be collected in Bad Piggies.
- At the end of the episode, when Red was lightning struck, Chuck says an English word, "Oops".
- It is revealed that Red's spine is like a spring.
- However, it is possible that this was meant to be his rib cage.
- The theme song from Slingshot 101 appears again. That could mean Rovio changed the theme song.
- Chuck acts like a spy in the beginning of this episode, with music related to the James Bond theme.
- In this episode, it has been revealed that Chuck has a fear of thunderstorm, known as Brontophobia.
- If you see Chuck screaming the second time, it looks like he laid the eggs.
- The title may be a reference to the movie Thunderstruck.
- The font in the title card is similar to the font used in the Temple Run game.
- Chuck's headband was red when he was getting away from the lightning.
- The credits for the episode are the same exact credits as Slingshot 101. It lists The Blues, Chef Pig, and King Pig, who do not appear in this episode, and not Chuck or Corporal Pig. It is, however, fixed as of the new Angry Birds Toons Channel.
- After this episode was announced to come after Slingshot 101, the order of the upcoming episodes became confusing since FOX8 claimed that this episode was the 16th episode, and that the 12th episode was Run Chuck, Run!.
- Chuck's headband disappeared when he was hitting the Corporal Pig.