- For information on the Treasure Hunt episode from Angry Birds Rio, see Treasure Hunt (Angry Birds Rio).
Treasure Hunt is the first episode of Angry Birds Toons Season 2 and the fifty-third overall.
X marks the spot! King Pig sends his best pigs to retrieve a buried treasure. Of course, when pigs are involved, nothing is that simple.
Hambo enters a library, where Chronicler Pig and King Pig show him a map of Piggy Island with an X-mark on it. Hambo accepts the challenge and with a few Minion Pigs, he sets off. At a chasm, he ties 2 Minion Pigs to his whip to make a grapple to hook on a rock. He then instructs another pig to swing across, but the rock breaks, creating a bridge. Later, he enters a cave and when snapping his whip, he accidentally sets off a trap, sending a large cabbage towards them! While running, a Minion Pig directs everyone to a hole in the wall, causing everyone to evade the cabbage. Two pigs jump out after it rolls away, but are then run over by the cabbage. After running through lava, drilling underground and sawing through the ice when ending up in a cold place, it turns out they've been running around in a refrigerator in a family's home. They then reach their destination and find the X-mark where they have to dig. They come back to King Pig's castle with the treasure: the X. King Pig is overjoyed since the X was actually the treasure, Hambo is commended a hero, but the pigs carrying the X is flattened by the X.
Characters (in order of appearance)
- The title card's font looks similar to the Indiana Jones movies.
- This is the third appearance of Hambo.
- This is the third episode written by Valerie Chappellet. The first two were Piggies from the Deep and Hiccups.
- This is the 12th episode to do not have the appearance of Red, The Blues, Chuck, Bomb, Matilda and Terence in it.
- This was #3 on Top 20 Angry Birds Toons Fan Favorites. Only beaten by Hiccups and Bird Flu.
- Corporal Pig is listed in the credits, even though he doesn't appear.
- When he starts, Prisoner Pig has six minion pigs for help. Three of them fell over the cliff, but after that, there are four pigs instead of three.
|Episodes|| · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·