|Year of the Dragon|
|Released||January 19, 2012 (January 20, 2012 for the PC)|
|Wreck the Halls||Cherry Blossom|
Year of the Dragon (Traditional Chinese: 龍的一年, Simplfied Chinese: 龙的一年, Pinyin: Lóng de yī nián) is the tenth episode of Angry Birds Seasons, celebrating Chinese New Year, announced in Rovio's YouTube video "Happy New Year from the Angry Birds", seen below. Rovio's teaser trailer states that the update happened January 20, but it landed on the 19th in most areas of the world. In the trailer, the birds are puppets being operated by the pigs below.
On January 15, 2012, it was announced that Year of the Dragon was pushed on this date from January 20 to January 19.
This episode commemorates the fifth Chinese Zodiac, the Dragon (龙 (Simp. Chinese) or 龍 (Trad. Chinese)) (Pinyin: Lóng) and is the second Chinese-specific episode, the first being Moon Festival.
If you buy the Anger Management DLC Pack for Angry Birds Trilogy for the PS3 and Xbox 360, you can play Year of the Dragon & use Mighty Dragon in Trilogy.
Bubbles appears for the third consecutive episode of Seasons and its fourth appearance overall (the Orange Bird also appears in Birdday Party in the original Angry Birds game). It also debuts the Orange Bird's first appearance in a Chinese holiday-based episode in Seasons.
An animated short for this episode debuted on January 21, 2012. It was the second to premiere first on television (on Nickelodeon) rather than online. The Blues are also the only birds to appear in the animation.
It is the fourth episode to have a comic book, with the first being Moon Festival, the second being Halloween, the third being the Christmas Special, the fifth being Angry Birds Space, and the sixth and latest one being the two paged Bad Piggies comic.
A Year of the Dragon Comic strip was released with a story based on the animation of the same name.
To celebrate Chinese New Year, King Pig commissioned a new puppet theatre. The first play portrayed Smooth Cheeks as the hero and the Flock as a bunch of yellow-bellied cowards. Red wasn't having that and sent in something that looked like a dragon. At first the idiotic King thought my scaly buddy was nothing more than a special effect. Ha! He was soon squealing in fear . . .
- In the episode, the Mighty Eagle is replaced by the Mighty Dragon, and the sardine can is replaced by a Red Koi Fish. Once you use the Mighty Dragon on a level you didn't beat yet, you cannot use him for an hour unless you clear the level that you used Mighty Dragon on.
- This episode introduces red wood and golden blocks which are hard just like stone blocks
- This episode introduces new hazards named the rockets or fireworks that charges when a bird hits them they will move in random locations and cause harm to blocks pigs etc.
- This episode introduces new clothes for the pigs like conical hat, lamps etc.
- Chinese New Year Objects.
Year of the Dragon Short Movie
- Before the episode colors were removed in a update, the representative color they used in Year of the Dragon is red orange.
- Year of the Dragon is the third Angry Birds Seasons episode to have two different versions of the theme song, with the first two being the Moon Festival and Hogs and Kisses and the fourth being Piglantis.
- It is the first episode to have a level selection page without Red on the bottom left in the entire Seasons game, with the second being Back to School.
|Angry Birds Seasons Episodes|
|Seasons 2011||Hogs and Kisses • Go Green, Get Lucky • Easter Eggs • Summer Pignic • Moon Festival • Ham'o'ween • Wreck the Halls|
|Seasons 2012||Year of the Dragon • Cherry Blossom • Piglantis • Back to School • Haunted Hogs • Winter Wonderham|
|Seasons 2013||Abra-Ca-Bacon • Arctic Eggspedition|
|Seasons 2014||South Hamerica • Ham Dunk • On Finn Ice|
|Seasons 2015||Tropigal Paradise • Invasion of the Egg Snatchers • Ski or Squeal|
|Seasons 2016||Fairy Hogmother • Marie Hamtoinette • Summer Camp • Piggywood Studios • Hammier Things • Ragnahog|
|Bonus Episodes||Pig Days|