Template:Infobox episode Year of the Dragon is the tenth episode of Angry Birds Seasons, announced in Rovio's YouTube video "Happy New Year from the Angry Birds", seen below. Rovio's teaser trailer states that the update will land on January 20th, but it landed on the 19th in most areas of the world. In the trailer, the birds are puppets being operated by the pigs below.
- This episode commemorates the third Chinese Zodiac, the Dragon and is the second Chinese-specific episode, the first being Moon Festival.
- The Orange Bird appears for the third consecutive episode of Seasons and its fourth appearance overall (the Orange Bird also appears in Birdday Party in the original Angry Birds game).
- In the app icon, the Red Bird sits on the red bamboo landscape.
- In the episode, the Mighty Eagle is replaced by the Mighty Dragon, and the sardine prism is replaced by a Red Koi Fish
- This is the the first world where Gold Blocks appear.
- A Year of the Dragon Comic strip was released with a story based on the animation of the same name.
- Red wood is used in the Year of the Dragon.
- An animated short for this episode debuted on January 21, 2012. It was the second to premiere first on television (on Nickelodeon) rather than online.
- It is the second episode to have a comic book.
- On January 15, 2012, it was announced that Year of the Dragon was pushed on this date from January 20th to January 19th.
The following four videos are from Rovio's YouTube channel:
- The first is the trailer video, entitled "Happy New Year from the Angry Birds" .
- The second is the teaser video, entitled "Angry Birds Seasons - Year of the Dragon Teaser".
- The third video is the animation video, entitled "Angry Birds Seasons - Year of the Dragon Animation".
- The fourth and last one is the making video, entitled "Making of: Angry Birds Seasons - Year of the Dragon Animation".