|Year of the Dragon|
|Release Date:||January 19, 2012 (January 20, 2012 for the PC)|
|Previous Episode:||Wreck the Halls|
|Next Episode:||Cherry Blossom|
|Game(s):||Angry Birds Seasons|
Year of the Dragon (龍年 Pinyin:Lóng nián) is the tenth episode of Angry Birds Seasons, announced in Rovio's YouTube video "Happy New Year from the Angry Birds", seen below. Rovio's teaser trailer states that the update landed on January 20th, but it landed on the 19th in most areas of the world. In the trailer, the birds are puppets being operated by the pigs below.
- This episode commemorates the fifth Chinese Zodiac, the Dragon and is the second Chinese-specific episode, the first being Moon Festival.
- The Orange Bird appears for the third consecutive episode of Seasons and its fourth appearance overall (the Orange Bird also appears in Birdday Party in the original Angry Birds game). It also debuts the Orange Birds first appearance in a chinese holiday-based episode is Seasons
- In the app icon, the Red Bird sits on the red bamboo landscape.
- In the episode, the Mighty Eagle is replaced by the Mighty Dragon, and the sardine prism is replaced by a Red Koi Fish
- This is the the first world where Gold Blocks appear.
- A Year of the Dragon Comic strip was released with a story based on the animation of the same name.
- Fun Fact: In the Year of the Dragon comic, it turns out that Mighty Dragon, mistakened for Mighty Eagle, turns out to be a picky eater. As you recall, when he ate the sardines that the Yellow Bird offered, he said, "What is this canned junk? Bring me fresh food!" He also didn't like the fruits and vegetables the Yellow Bird offered and angrily said, "You call this fresh food?!" When the Red Bird, Yellow Bird, and Blue Brds went to Mighty Eagles lair to ask the Mighty Eagle for help, they were shocked that "Mighty" is actually Mighty Dragon all this time and at the same time, he said, "Nihao, Mighty's little friends!". When Mighty Dragon noticed the Koi Fish on the Red Bird's fishing rod, he said, "I can't stand Mighty's canned junk! Speaking of which, any chance you want to share that one?" Then Yellow said in relief, "So that's what he meant by fresh food!"
- Red wood is used in the Year of the Dragon.
- An animated short for this episode debuted on January 21, 2012. It was the second to premiere first on television (on Nickelodeon) rather than online.
- It is the second episode to have a comic book.
- On January 15, 2012, it was announced that Year of the Dragon was pushed on this date from January 20th to January 19th.
- It is the only episode to have a level selection page without Red Bird on the bottom left in the entire Seasons game.
- Year of the Dragon is the second Angry Birds Seasons episode to have two different versions of the theme song, with the firsst being the Moon Festival. Copy and paste these titles on the search bar on Youtube.com, listen to the video and find out.
- Angry Birds Seasons Year of the Dragon Theme (Chinese New Year 2012) (v.2.2.0): This one is different from the current theme because it has extra vocals.
- Angry Birds Seasons Year of the Dragon Theme (Chinese New Year 2012) (v2.3.0): This is the current theme for the mobile versions.
Note: Once you use the Mighty Dragon on a level you didn't beat yet, you cannot use him for an hour unless you clear the level that you used Mighty Dragon on.